January Transfer Window

TAM

Guest JohnnyDefault

I wish we'd shut wor gub until we actually signed somebody.

We never fair well when we go public.

Wee Tommy Mclean knew how to sneak a signing in!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed Don Cowie. Talented midfielder with an eye for goal and really stands out at Inverness.

Good to see us getting a goalie in for cover and I'd agree with the comments made earlier that it looks like we'll only ever have one permanent keeper. It makes sense I guess though, it's cheaper to get someone on loan than have a full-timer on the books who never plays.

Speaking of which, depending what happens with cover in other positions (defense, midfield) I'll echo what's been said earlier that it could be time for Malcolm to go. Definitely one of the top earners, he's just not meeting the required standard and we can't really afford to be keeping him on the bench. How long a contract did he get, was it a year?

What a signing if this could come off.

But, thought beforehand some Championship clubs (heard Bristol City mentioned) and even Rangers have been touted as a possible destination for Cowie.

Certainly believed he was much out our range.

I mean he is twice the player of Black yet he ends up at Hearts for next season? Supposedly a bigger club than ourselves.

Just can't see that happening to be honest.

Would be amazing if he ended up at Fir Park next season.

But, on a side-note, Andy Dorman a similar type of player to Cowie. Both apparently that cut above the rest of their respective team. But, my god seeing Dorman on Saturday how disappointing he was. Absolute gash, and any sort of 50/50 he shat out of it. Can't judge a player by one game, just didn't understand the hype that surrounds him..

Don't know if its on here elsewhere, but read in the Sun today that Glen Roeder's told Simon Lappin he has no future at Norwich and won't make the 1st team, but also praises his profesionalism as a player regarding attitude and training.

We couldn't offer him great money (maybe if we offloaded BFB) but we could offer him 1st team every week if thats what he wants. And IIRC Lappin did say he liked his time at 'Well.

MMcG was on Clyde 1 sports news at lunchtime saying he would love top get 4 players in during January, but would settle for 3. He believed that if we got 3 or 4 of the quality he is looking for then we could look at seriously challenging for 4th spot, but that a lot of things would have to fall into place for him to get the players he wanted, and he also said he hopes to keep Porter.

Plus: The Daily Mail says Simon Lappin has been told he has no future at Norwich.

Oops - just beaten to it with the Lappin one!

'Good to see us getting a goalie in for cover and I'd agree with the comments made earlier that it looks like we'll only ever have one permanent keeper. It makes sense I guess though, it's cheaper to get someone on loan than have a full-timer on the books who never plays.'

Hope Coutts and Kosiorowski are reading this and see that they have no future at the Club. Must inspire them for their last Season at Under 19's!!!

Guest JohnnyDefault
Unfortunately I can't see us being unable to offload Bob Malcolm as I can't think of anyone who would want to take him. Unless someone's going to pay him, he's not going to leave.

Inverness????

Unfortunately I can't see us being unable to offload Bob Malcolm as I can't think of anyone who would want to take him. Unless someone's going to pay him, he's not going to leave.

how much is big boab payin paid every week does anybody know

Was replying to the quote that Motherwell would never have a second permanent keeper again. Was not commenting ona bility!!!

I'm not saying that McGhee won't give any of the younger goalies at the club a chance. If they prove to be first team material then I'm sure they'll get their shot. However, I'm saying that I can understand McGhee's thinking in not signing someone on a full time contract when they may never get a game. There's no point in throwing a loan signing in just for the sake of giving them a game, especially when Smith is performing as well as he has been this season. If anything, I would think that gives the young lads even more chance of breaking through to the first team squad as there's not a recognised second choice goalie on a permanent deal.

The other thread you posted in said "AFTER Don Cowie on a pre-contract". So does it say we're AFTER him or we have SIGNED him?

Aye sorry it said we were after him on a pre-contract. It was on sky sports news (T.v channel) couldn't beleive it when i saw it. According to sky sportswere after him.

I just can't see us getting anywhere near Cowie with the interest of the B.W's being well known, as great as it would be to have him as part of our midfield, a huge upgrade on anyone in the middle, bar a top-of-his-game Stevie Hughes.

As for Lappin, if we don't even try and go after him, then it's a real missed opportunity, far far far better left back than Hammell.

Would without doubt be one of McGhees best signings, imagine a midfield of Cowie, Hughes, Klimpl/Lasley, Lappin!

Ooft.

Would be a mighty fine midfield that.

I personally think that McGhee has realised that Smith, Fitzpatrick and Malcolm arent good enuff midfielder if you want to fight for top 6 every season so he is looking to get rid and bring in a bit more quality. Shame he didnt realise that in the summer with the boy Mamman. He signed for anyone yet.

I personally think that McGhee has realised that Smith, Fitzpatrick and Malcolm arent good enuff midfielder if you want to fight for top 6 every season so he is looking to get rid and bring in a bit more quality.

Why do you think that McGhee doesn't rate Fitzpatrick? Seems to me that he is in and around the starting 11 whenever he is fit. I agree that this can't be said for Boab and Smith.