January Transfer Window

TAM

Would be a mighty fine midfield that.

I personally think that McGhee has realised that Smith, Fitzpatrick and Malcolm arent good enuff midfielder if you want to fight for top 6 every season so he is looking to get rid and bring in a bit more quality. Shame he didnt realise that in the summer with the boy Mamman. He signed for anyone yet.

I think it was quite clear McGhee wanted to sign the boy but he could not get a work permit!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame he didnt realise that in the summer with the boy Mamman. He signed for anyone yet.

You say it was a shame that we never signed him but then ask if he has signed for anyone yet? If he was a real missed opportunity surely we would of heard of him signing for some big club

Initial impressions are that it seems a good bit of business, hope it happens.

Wonder who'll leave in the summer to make way? Hughes, Malcolm and McGarry and all out of contract.

Did Gingerbaws not sign him for Birmingham?

Was that naw the defender they were looking at? If it was Brum then it couldn't have been a work permit issue since they go by the same laws as us. Unless again the SPL were dumb enough to think our league is some supterstar league (ala Jason Scotland)

MMcG was on Clyde 1 sports news at lunchtime saying he would love top get 4 players in during January, but would settle for 3. He believed that if we got 3 or 4 of the quality he is looking for then we could look at seriously challenging for 4th spot, but that a lot of things would have to fall into place for him to get the players he wanted, and he also said he hopes to keep Porter.

Plus: The Daily Mail says Simon Lappin has been told he has no future at Norwich.

Oops - just beaten to it with the Lappin one!

3 or 4 new faces sounds great but he says we'll be lucky to get one in his interview on the official site. Sounds like he's got a different story for each interview!

It's funny what it says on the Inverness fans website. One quote on the Cowie story...

You'd think a move to Motherwell would be a side-step rather than a stage up.

Totally agree, It should be on the ICT page if the well boss wants him on a precontract then its fact.

It did cheer me up when the well manager talks of still making third place and playing in europe next season?????????

If it wasnt for well beating us and if we picked up the 3 points they would be in 12th place now. !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think Cowie will be signing on the dotted line in too much of a hurry, If Hearts buy Porter in the next couple of weeks then the Jambos have done us a huge favour by putting Motherwell in the first division next season.

I think this has ended up in the rumour mill because it doesnt really sound believable, if it wasnt for the fact I saw it on STV I wouldnt have believed it either.

Cowie can sit tight, stay for the rest of the season and still sign with a club in the summer.

Moving to Motherwell would be a definite step backwards, if Hearts buy Porter from well he could be joining a first division club.

Don Cowie would be worth far more if he helped ICT climb the table then sign for a regular top 6 club in the summer if that is his wish.

It makes me laugh Inverness fans still think they can climb the table. It will be a magnificent escape if they manage to end 11th! A fucking shocking Club, with a shocking manager and a fucking shocking history that lot!

ocht they're not that bad! You defend your local team mr livingston and i'll defend mine....

Clachnacuddin :woop:

Cowie. Leaves me a bit underwhelemed. I know I'm in the minority but he's left me pretty unimpressed every time I've seen him play. Should he sign, he'll get my backing obviously.

Lappin. Bound to be cheaper than Charlie Adam who McGhee has expressed an interest in. If we're going to sign a left sided midfielder, I'd go for Lappin. Cheaper probably and also offers a bit more versatility.

Interesting McGhee talks of three signings. Do the three signings include the goalkeeper? If so, where will we strengthen? Even with McLean due to return, McGhee must look to bolster the defence. If another transfer window passes without this issue being addressed questions have to be asked. The player doesn't need to be able to step into the first team. It would just be nice to see some pressure brought to bear on the back four in order to attempt to raise their standards.

It would be nice to move Bob Malcolm on. No harm to the guy, but he's an expensive substitute. Can't honestly see it happening, unless it suits both parties to let Malcolm walk away for nothing. That would require Motherwell being able to use the wages to bring in a couple of players (no point in letting him go if we can't secure the players to provide the cover in a couple of positions that he does) and it would also require an offer tempting to Malcolm whether financially or professionally (first team football??).

Sadly, I fear we might end up having a very quiet transfer window...

Cowie. Leaves me a bit underwhelemed.

Sadly, I fear we might end up having a very quiet transfer window...

Agree with that also Melvin. I think I posted a bit tongue in cheek earlier as to who Don Cowie was. Never been impressed to be honest.

If previous transfer windows have anything to go by we'll be very lucky to bring anyone in. Remember the fanfare of the close season when the club unveiled our first 'new' signing.....Bob fuckin' Malcolm! A guy that had been here on loan the previous season. Not very inspiring Mr McGhee.

Lappin is a must! Get him and move Hammell into the midfield and Cowie can feck off.

If Porter does go then we need a striker, but we should have enough funds to get somebody with a bit of pace.

As for Malcom - mmmmm I say just keep him until the end of the year - he at least offers some competition for places.

But for me the main transfer is to get Lappin back on our books!

Lappin was decent, not great, when he was here before so I'd be happy enough if he was to return, but I would much rather we re-signed Porter & Hughes than brought him in. I also think we could be doing with a nippy striker to partner Porter - I'd be more inclined to go for Dougie Imrie from Inverness rather than Don Cowie. I also think centre-half wise we'll be ok now if McLean is fit, so I'd be in the market for full-backs first as I think Quinn and Hammell are more in need of pressure to perform than Reynolds & Craigan.

Frazzle

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a well strip actually, quite like him.

Should be looking at a few of burnley's boys.

Followed them closely this season, even one or two of the subs look more than good enough for the spl.

Also i was really impressed with Omar Daley from bradford when we played them in a friendly.

He was the big black striker who was fucking flying down the left flank all second half, Quinn had no chance.

And he wasn't just quick by Paul Quinn standards, he was light years ahead, had a trick or two aswell.

Surely a move to the spl is a step up from league 2.