January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a radio interview last night, MMcG said that if we sign 3 or 4 players, then 3 or 4 existing players will have to go, as our level of finances means we can only run with a squad of about 20.

I wonder who is most at risk of being moved on? Boab, McGarry, Dairylea and Fizzy? Have to say I'd be sad to see the latter two go.

To be honest, and i don't mean to sound disrspectful to the players mentioned, i don't know who would take them. It's hard to get rid of any players in this, or any, window when they're still under contract unless it's as part of a swap which i think McGhee might have tried in the Cowie deal. The only actual offers we're likely to receive are for our 'star' players.

A lot will probably hinge on who we lose/get rid of in the window as to who we get in. Only a centre half I think is a given so far. The other two or three we're looking to get in will probably depend on us getting Bob's £1800 off the wage bill and/or Ports being sold to generate some funds.

A left sided midfielder would be the next priority I'd say then obviously another striker if Ports goes. Heard we enquired about Killen but didn't like the wages we'd have to pay to get him on loan, surely this must have been a contingency for if the big man goes.

Just seen from thhe BBc website there that Inveness Caley have signed both Gateussi and Morais from Hibs on short term deals. I think that both are resonable players and could have been worth a shout and since Caley can afford them, surely we could.

Another name i heard mentioned today is Billy Memhet to sign for the well :whistling:

A lot will probably hinge on who we lose/get rid of in the window as to who we get in. Only a centre half I think is a given so far. The other two or three we're looking to get in will probably depend on us getting Bob's £1800 off the wage bill and/or Ports being sold to generate some funds.

A left sided midfielder would be the next priority I'd say then obviously another striker if Ports goes. Heard we enquired about Killen but didn't like the wages we'd have to pay to get him on loan, surely this must have been a contingency for if the big man goes.

Why are we enquiring about a loan player from Celtic after the shite hand they dealt us with Kennedy?

It's easier and cheaper to get a loan player from Arsenal, or Man Utd than it is from those scum-sucking money pinching barstewards.

Could do a swap with hemdani of rangers for big Boab!

Or how about Smith of rangers? With the fire sale going on over at Ibrox why don't we ask to loan him. We would pay a tenth of his wages it gets some money back for rangers and gives us competion at full back - same with Burke, though I heard he is going to cardiff

we get a chance to have a look at them for 6 months get them fit and have a sneaky we clause for a fraction of there worth at the end of the season.

A guy at work also was singing the praises of Jordan McMillan who is at accies maybe we should keep an eye on him too.

Motherwell have made an approach to sign Don Cowie but Inverness insist any deal will not involve a player in exchange.

Inverness' director of football Graeme Bennett says manager Craig Brewster has ruled out the midfielder leaving in such an arrangement.

"Mark McGhee spoke to Craig Brewster about a possible swap, but that was not something which would appeal to Craig or the club," Bennett told the Press and Journal.

"Unless it was one of Motherwell's best players involved, and that is not the case, then there would be little benefit to Caley Thistle."

Bennett also confirmed that talks regarding a new contract for Cowie are continuing.

He added: "We have remained in discussion and spoke again on Tuesday.

"Nothing has been decided yet and, although there has been a lot of speculation, the only direct contact from any club has been the approach from Motherwell.

"Don had said all along he wants to look at his options and that is fair enough.

"There is bound to be interest in him because he is a good player, but we have not given up hope that he could stay.

"Hopefully, Don and his agent will get back to us and we will have a better idea of his intentions in the next 24 hours."

Guest JohnnyDefault
Unfortunately I can't see us being unable to offload Bob Malcolm as I can't think of anyone who would want to take him. Unless someone's going to pay him, he's not going to leave.

Inverness????

:woop:

Guest JohnnyDefault

I see Alan Gow's move to Wolves is off as they've found something 'minor' and 'bio-mechanical' during his medical that scuppered the deal.

That's the type of info that would put other Championship teams off a permanent move for him

Maybe he fancies a move to another SPL club - to keep himself ticking over :evilgrin: (the move to Blackpool was obviously a successful one)

Another name i heard mentioned today is Billy Memhet to sign for the well :whistling:

Billy Mehmet would be a decent signing if Porter goes. He's come on strongly in the last couple of seasons, has put in some impressive displays at Fir Park when ever St.Mirren have come visiting and has scored goals for a team that don't score many goals.

The thing that would surprise me is that St.Mirren would be willing to let go a player than scores about 50% of their goals.

was talkin to a close relative of Stephen Hughes last night and he seems to reckon that he is staying put for at least another season !!

reasons were that he has a young kid settled at nursery/primary school, and his missus is halfway through a course at uni, and doesn't want to move before she finishes it !!

i would say my source is 90-95% reliable as he speaks to Hughes on a regular basis , not some distant cousin twice removed sort !!!! :whistling: