January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buzz is a big Hearts fan which makes me think they might be sniffing about. Although they seem to be keen on their current on loan keeper (Ballso sp?)

If not then maybe a Championship team or even a Premiership side?

I always felt that with a bit more confidence in dealing with crosses then Smith would be the best keeper in the SPL.

i think buzz will want to stay surely? he's got it easy here... and let's be honest, a keeper with the calibre of Michael Fraser isn't exactly going to set the heather alight amongst the fans is it??

Whilst he's hardly likely to set the heather alight, he's also hardly likely to cost a lot in wages and would be a good back-up keeper. I appreciate it goes against what McGhee has said recently but I can't see this signing as being for the first team.

I would imagine that if we kept climbing the table and with not long till the end of the season we sound ourselves near the European slots that he'd be pretty keen to stay.

And although Fraser isn't maybe the calibre of player we're wanting, he'll proovide much stiffer competition to Buzz than the young guys we get in on loan anyway should he stay.

I get the feeling that Smith has already told Motherwell that he will leave in the summer and McGhee has made his choice for Motherwell's next keeper. If money is as tight as it seems, it seems like good business to capture a young, tall keeper within our wage budget. Looks like the boy needs a new challenge to help kickstart his career. I don't know many Inverness fans (four) but those I've spoken to say he's not as bad as some seem to be making out and they thought his problem was with the manager. McGhee has obviously spoken to his goalkeeping coaches and scouts and liked what he heard. Hasn't he? :unsure: .

Now that the Motherwell train is back on the rails and the defence seems like a unit again, do we still need to strengthen at the back. Because if we don't and...........

The one drawback regarding our sudden solidity at the back (Klimpl's role as much as Craigan's return) is that McGhee might think that we are fine again and decide not to bring in some competition for places.

With Brewster gone I hope McGhee goes back to Inverness and offers Malcolm again (loan/exchange until the end of the season).

How do people see Hughes' future at the club?

i think buzz will want to stay surely? he's got it easy here... and let's be honest, a keeper with the calibre of Michael Fraser isn't exactly going to set the heather alight amongst the fans is it??

Dont think hes got it easy in any way, Big Gunner would have taken his place if he wasnt playing well. He been fantastic this season and deserves to be no 1. This other Polish dude is def just cover though. Doubt he will get a sniff.

He would def want to stay but can Motherwell match his wage needs for him to stay?? lets see? current wage with Motherwell or 2 or 3 times his wage a week with someone like Hartlepool you do the Maths. Granted hes better than Hartlepool so decent Championship side for 5-6k a week.