January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, if we don't sign Charlie Adam because suddenly Burnley, Norwich or the likes are interested, you'd have to question McGhee's judgement. Yet again are we going to help one of the Old Firm flog one of their fringe players by making our interest public and alerting other teams? Webster and Kennedy all over again??

Though you have to figure that this doesn't look good for Fitzpatrick. Left sided centre midfielder is the first declared target of the transfer window...

Has good ability but his attitude to fitness has always worried me, least we're expressing an interest in someone.

A right back and striking replacement for Ports would be more of a priority in my book though. By that I don't mean a big man up top, quite the opposite really, a small poacher type to play off Sutton. In the, dare i say it, Paul McGrillen mould i was thinking. Now there's something you don't hear every day.

A right back and striking replacement for Ports would be more of a priority in my book though. By that I don't mean a big man up top, quite the opposite really, a small poacher type to play off Sutton. In the, dare i say it, Paul McGrillen mould i was thinking. Now there's something you don't hear every day.

I don't necessarily think we need another striker. Just maybe using the ones we have in a better system would be a better idea. I think either Sutton or Porter alongside Clarkson will produce goals IF we play 4-4-2. I think the crucial thing we need to be looking at is our squad to see if we have players to play the wide roles in this formation (O'Brien? DL Smith? Murphy?) in order to create chances for our front two. If no one in the squad is up the job, a wide man or two should be on the shopping list. The inability to create chances is more of a concern than the ability of our strikers to take them, in my opinion.

As regards a new right back, I know I'm asking a lot but I'd like us to sign a player like Mark Wilson or John O'Shea (budget versions obviously) who can play either full back position so as to bring a bit of pressure to both Hammell and Quinn.

So, for me, the priority would be the wide areas of the team, full backs and wingers please. But I'm not holding my breath...

Just now, I wouldn't like Adam in a Motherwell jersey, he can occasionally score a topper, or deliver a good cross, but his overall use of the ball is total shite. Plus, his wages will be be ridiculous.

However, he was a stand-out when on loan at St Mirren, so maybe the pressure of Rangers is to much for him, and he would maybe thrive at Fir Park.

On a serious note, if we don't sign Charlie Adam because suddenly Burnley, Norwich or the likes are interested, you'd have to question McGhee's judgement. Yet again are we going to help one of the Old Firm flog one of their fringe players by making our interest public and alerting other teams? Webster and Kennedy all over again??

Though you have to figure that this doesn't look good for Fitzpatrick. Left sided centre midfielder is the first declared target of the transfer window...

If McGhee thinks Adams is a better option than Fitzpatrick maybe its time for Fitzpatrick to go out on loan!, or even move on.

I would take Adam into our team in a minute. Whats another ugly ex rangers player anyway we already have a few.......

In all honesty I think he is a decent footballer who would bring more balance to the side. He doesnt stand out at Ibrox but then again did Hughs, Malcol, McCormack et al. Thats why they are freeing him but he would be a more than decent player for us.

Charlie Adam's agent will have circulated his name around these clubs long before McGhee has commented on the situation.....

These managers are not reliant on Mark McGhee altering them to the availability of players and will be well aware of them whether McGhee mentions his interest or not.

i think we should look into the possibility of becoming a feeder team for an EPL team. doing it the other way and looking for a feeder team of our own has proven to be unsuccessful... steve mcdonald anyone?!?

I don't know how easy the setting up of these kind of deals are, but it would be good if we could get a deal with a first or second division side, you never know what you might unearth and it's good experience for the young guys, as for the Premiership, I'd be happy with some sort of arrangement with any side in the Championship, but I don't think these deals are as easy as FM makes them out to be.