January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best players in word assosiation football are fast, strong and good on the ball.

We can't and will never afford or attract a single player who has all three.

What we can do, however, is attempt to bring in three guys, all with one of the above attributes each.

> An absolute monster of a Centre Half is still required.

> Someone with lighteneing speed who doesn't need to be terrible gifted on the ball (doesn't take much to get past SPL defenders) is required for that winger/inside left role and

> Someone with a bit of talent either in the middle of the park to push on in a box to box role or up front himself creating and scoring.

I firmly believe, if we cast the net wide enough, we can find these three guys and save our season and ultimitely our football club.

Few first division players i'd take:

Partick Thistle - Gary Harkins and Liam Buchanan

Clyde - Pat Clarke

Livi - Leigh Griffiths, Dave Mckay, James McPake

I know a lot of people would say if you buy first division players then thats where you'll end up but Bryson at Killie has made a big impact as have the guys at Dundee Utd who've made the step up.

Whether we could afford any of them is another matter! :blink: I'd imagine all would command fews

Surely it's worth looking, if not for January then for summer, at the hundreds of young boys released by premiership teams because they'll "never make the grade". I'm sure that the best of them are picked up by other premiership clubs or championship clubs but I don't believe for a second that no-one is missed, expecially young Scottish players slightly disillusioned and looking for a move home?

I know to look at these players is quite an undertaking but lets narrow it down to, say, 6'4" defenders...

Surely it's worth looking, if not for January then for summer, at the hundreds of young boys released by premiership teams because they'll "never make the grade". I'm sure that the best of them are picked up by other premiership clubs or championship clubs but I don't believe for a second that no-one is missed, expecially young Scottish players slightly disillusioned and looking for a move home?

I know to look at these players is quite an undertaking but lets narrow it down to, say, 6'4" defenders...

I read an article somewhere that in the English Championship they won't take the Premierships academy drop outs, due to them not partaking in competitive training(e.g. no tackling).

Could be a risk if we bring anyone in whose not used to a phsyical game?

a wid try n git big craig beattie on loan as a replacement for porter.a wid bring lappin back any day n we need a decent defender who can go in n win a tackle.wit happened ta big Soley that we hid oan trial at the start a the season.he wis solid.a widny say no ta pearson.

I read an article somewhere that in the English Championship they won't take the Premierships academy drop outs, due to them not partaking in competitive training(e.g. no tackling).

Could be a risk if we bring anyone in whose not used to a phsyical game?

I'm pretty sure there is tackling in Premiership teams training. Claude Makalele almost snapped Ashley Cole's leg with a training ground tackle the night before the Champions League final.

a wid try n git big craig beattie on loan as a replacement for porter.a wid bring lappin back any day n we need a decent defender who can go in n win a tackle.wit happened ta big Soley that we hid oan trial at the start a the season.he wis solid.a widny say no ta pearson.

Would someone be kind enough to translate this into English for me?

Beattie's just been recalled to West Brom from a successfull loan spell at Palace due to injuries at Hawthorns. Played against man city yesterday. Did the business at Eagles who are keen on signing him permanently in January. Financially out of our league.

Heard a few rumours tonight ....

Porter to sign pre-contract with Wolves

Hughes to sign pre-contract with Nott Forest

As usual treat these with pinch of salt.. but if they are true we could have big problems as these guys will not want to risk injury before they move and we won't get cash for them. Also if stories are true that Boyle covered these contracts outwith the budget MM won't get all the salary back into the budget.

If they are to sign pre-contracts I would really like to see us get pre-contracts in place with Black & Cowie from ICT.

Bump Klimp and use his salary to get a decent centre-half in for rest of season.

We got rid at the right time.

Can't have room for sentiment in football, as much as he will be regarded as a potential legend at the 'Well. It was in both our interests for the two parties to part company.

He never fully recovered from the serious injury picked up against Utd on the final day the season before he left.

And couldn't break into the Killie team, is now a first division player unfortunately.

Direct quote from a Rangers employee, "Motherwell have spoken too Dailly... on more than one occasion in the last fortnight". Crumbs.

Should that not be "Motherwell have spoken to us daily....on more than one occasion in the last fortnight"???? Least I hope so.........

What about taking Kaiser from under Derek Adam's nose?!? :(

Still don't think we should've let him go...

Whilst the Kaiser still holds the club in high regard, I don't think he'll ever come back to us. There was reasons for him leaving Fir Park and nothings really changed in the last year.

Heard a few rumours tonight ....

Porter to sign pre-contract with Wolves

Hughes to sign pre-contract with Nott Forest

As usual treat these with pinch of salt.. but if they are true we could have big problems as these guys will not want to risk injury before they move and we won't get cash for them. Also if stories are true that Boyle covered these contracts outwith the budget MM won't get all the salary back into the budget.

If they are to sign pre-contracts I would really like to see us get pre-contracts in place with Black & Cowie from ICT.

Bump Klimp and use his salary to get a decent centre-half in for rest of season.

According to The Sun (ever reliable, of course!) Porter has signed a pre-contract with Notingham Forest, with a possible sale in January for around £250,000.