January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do people think of andy kirk of dimfermine?

he used to do a good job with hearts a few years back and i see hes getting a few goals in the first div. hes more mobile than sutton or porter, and would probably be quite useful in a front 3.

wont think he would cost that much

what youz think?

I heard MM's interview on the radio this morning. I was struck by the mention of looking to get maybe a few loans in and do some swaps!!

So if we are looking to swap who do you think will be heading out and where to? A few ideas to start things off - purely based on previous rumours and 2+2=5!

Darren Smith for McCallister of Morton

Kenny Connolly for McKay or Davidson at Livi

Any more??

Personaly I see mcghee trying to get some loan signings in. Don't see many swaps as he would be looking to get strength in depth rather than have the same numbers he alredy has

On interview on Real Radio this morning he mentioned 'some swaps' that suggests more than 1!! I do agree though that swaps seem strange given the lack of depth in our squad. I would rather give more youngsters a chance than bring in expensive loans. Slane looked good pre-season. McHugh looked good at end of last season v Hibs. Saunders hasn't done anything wrong and Hutchison has had good reviews.

Also looks like Cowie has signed a pre-contract with Utd and Black a pre-contract with FHW.

Shame but doubt we could have matched thier wages without trimming our wage bill

dont know if he has been mentioned before, but Gordon Greer could be an option for us, did well at Killie, out of contract in the summer and a 6`2 physical centre half!!

And as long as his wage demands werent shocking, Id go for Gregorz Szamotulski in a heartbeat!

Like to think that, this time, Mark will get the guys we need to not only ensure survival, but give us a squad capable enough of climbing that table again. More than ever, this is going to be one crucial transfer window.

I think that Mark's ambition is stifled by Bhoyles tightfistedness, hes too shortsighted to see that spending now will benefit in terms of the clubs position, but hopefully a few new faces, but again, we need people to start building, in escence a new team looking at the guys out of contract at the end of the season, a lot of rebuilding may be needed!!!

I think that Mark's ambition is stifled by Bhoyles tightfistedness, hes too shortsighted to see that spending now will benefit in terms of the clubs position, but hopefully a few new faces, but again, we need people to start building, in escence a new team looking at the guys out of contract at the end of the season, a lot of rebuilding may be needed!!!

Boyle just doesnt have the money.

Guest JohnnyDefault

slackfistedness got us into administration

it will be (unfortunately, but quite rightly) tightfistedness at well for the forseeable future

dont know if he has been mentioned before, but Gordon Greer could be an option for us, did well at Killie, out of contract in the summer and a 6`2 physical centre half!!

And as long as his wage demands werent shocking, Id go for Gregorz Szamotulski in a heartbeat!

Is he not training with the hibbees but thinking about a return to tannadice? Good keeper tho....

That be the tightfistedness that sanctioned double your money contracts to McGhee and Leitch? Granted I don't think Boyle is opening his own purse strings unless he thinks he'll get a return and I'd love some half sane Well fan to win £100m on the euromillions(ideally me) and buy up the club and try and take us forward with just a little ambition. But is it not shorsighted at a club with limited resources to see such a whack taken out of your budget to line your own pockets with? Diverted into the playing side and keeping us at least in/close to the pack in the european hunt would far better to advance his long term career prospects.