January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed he scored on his comeback for their reserves today. Mebbes Wattie might want him to get fit with more or less guarenteed first team fitba, but I'd think he probably won't let him go. Be a good one though.

I'd love Lappin back, great player for us last season I though. Black would also be a good addition. I can't help but think that Mo Ross is an absolutely certainty of a signing. Generally pish but scored an absolute belter against us at the CIS final if I remember correctly. Boab, Buzz, Hughes and McLean would've all known him surely?

Forgive me but i would rather eat my own hand than see Maurice Ross in a Motherwell jersey.I know some may think "he would do a job" but you's are forgetting one thing...he is absolute Shiteee! I'm sorry i know its only suggestions but I just feel he was complete balls and always will be.Robbie Winters is a good shout, I'm sure he could bring much needed fire power to our team.Anyone feeling a bit of Dean Windass <_< I for one would love it! I know he is very likely to be going to the sheep though...Possible loan deals...Premiership reserves obviously have talent, though I would much rather a Naismith/Fleck/Hutchison/Killen however, I'm sure we won't push the boat out.Folk such as Black and Cowie would be out our reach(200/300k fee?) and I'm almost positive they would sit out and wait for a Championship side as Black especially probably has greater potential than the SPL.Looking down the divisions...(preparing to be shot down) always thought Stephen Dobbie looked an excellent striker...(or a fat cunt) someone with his raw talent I'm sure could be whipped into shape by McGhee this would be a cheap way of getting good players

We have another few games to go before Klimpl goes back. If he gets a run in the side for those few games then he'll have a chance to impress. If he does I think McGhee will definately try and keep him because he obviously impressed him enough in the first place.

Fair point but in MM interview (think it was after the aberdeen game) he was still banging on about how he is smaller than what he is looking for.

Albiet Hammell is having a dip in form surely it is the men in the middle we need to add to. Though Lappin would be good and a goalie to keep Smith on his toes. Reynolds is still one for the future.

Mo ross is a no go for me. I agree with the other posts he is turd.

With Kimpl I would imagine that we would have to pay another fee. It all really comes down to what another number said - his performances in training and the next few games that he has left.

Were we not being linked with some striker from Clyde a couple of weeks ago? Mitch started a thread on P&B about it but I can't remember the boy's name.

McAllister from Morton is the other name that usually does the rounds in discussions like this.

Were we not being linked with some striker from Clyde a couple of weeks ago? Mitch started a thread on P&B about it but I can't remember the boy's name.

Pat Clarke it was

Heres the thread on P&B - clicky

Out of all the players in the lower leagues, what about Liam Buchanan? I remember he used to bang the goals in for Cowdenbeath and has carried that on since joining the jags. The players that have joined Dundee Utd, Caley and Killie have done well since making the step up.

I always find it strange how we cling on to the hope of signing players that have featured for our side in one capacity or another a couple of seasons on, i think the boat has sailed where lappin and ccormack are concerned, albeit im not arguing that they wouldnt be good additions.

Id like to see players from teams such as the old firm, or premiership clubs who feel they have a point to prove, i.e burke, killen.

would love us to get players such as stokes on loan, players who have had a bit of a write up in the past but havent got near there clubs first team for whatever reason. what ever happened to tapping into all mcghee's contacts, as much as i wont discredit all he achieved in his first season, all the talk of searching far and wide and only signing players that are better than what we have was just that talk!. Its a great philosophy and would certainly work, but i feel without additions this january and quite a few of them, even on loan, we could really start to struggle. The front three in the current system in particular know they are getting a game, so have no-one really pushing them for that starting slot!

id like to see a forward a midfielder,another defender who can play across the back in a couple of positions

Pat Clarke it was

Heres the thread on P&B - clicky

Out of all the players in the lower leagues, what about Liam Buchanan? I remember he used to bang the goals in for Cowdenbeath and has carried that on since joining the jags. The players that have joined Dundee Utd, Caley and Killie have done well since making the step up.

I'm sure I read somewhere on P&B a jags fan suggesting that the boy Buchanan was on his way to us come January. If Ports was going what about the big lad Caroll from Newcastle on loan - were we not linked with hime before also.

Thinking again about a right back, Celtic look heavy with Hinkel, Wilson & Caddis. I know Wilson has been playing at left back, but maybe if they sign a left footer (no pun meant!!) we could get a hold of Caddis on loan??

I'm sure I read somewhere on P&B a jags fan suggesting that the boy Buchanan was on his way to us come January. If Ports was going what about the big lad Caroll from Newcastle on loan - were we not linked with hime before also.

Thinking again about a right back, Celtic look heavy with Hinkel, Wilson & Caddis. I know Wilson has been playing at left back, but maybe if they sign a left footer (no pun meant!!) we could get a hold of Caddis on loan??

Diving wee bastard got Clarky sent off at Parkheed. Feigning injury and rolling about the ground as though he had been shot.

Shagging and getting his fat munter of a burd pregnant.

Wee prick.

Black I am sure is out of contract at the end of the season.

Therefore he can sign a pre-contract (much like Roscoe last year) with anybody as of January. Or potentially a minimal/nominal fee would probably see Caley cash in and take what they can get.

Cowie may well be in the same boat, but I reckon Championship football beckons for him.

Inverness are no less garbage than us so I don't see many of their players coming this way to improve our team and I don't see them going from first team at Inverness to Motherwell Reserves. Not that I can think of anyone better to come in.

Would take Don Cowie is a second. New Stevie Hughes, sorted.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...iker_doolan.php

Jags and Well drooling over striker Doolan

by Bert Mitchell

JUNIOR strike ace Kris Doolan is at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Partick Thistle and Motherwell.

The 22-year-old has been on an extended trial with the Jags with a view to a January move which will be dependent on boss Ian McCall cutting away some deadwood from his squad.

However, after Doolan scored in a 2-1 closed door success over Motherwell last week, Fir Park boss Mark McGhee has asked insiders at Auchinleck to bring him up to speed on the Scotland Junior international and could be set to test Thistle's determination to sign the hitman.

The striker's stock has been on the rise after Talbot boss Tommy Sloan landed him from landed from Kello Rovers early last season.

Doolan, who started out as a left winger for Talbot, has now been converted to an out-and-out striker to such an extent that he gained international recognition in his first season in the top flight of the Junior game.

Jags boss McCall admitted he'd love to land the strike ace who has reminded him of Liam Buchanan, such has been the early impression he has made at Firhill.

McCall said: "Kris is a player we want to bring on board at Thistle and we are hopeful we can do so in January. He is on trial with us and he has impressed.

"I would say he has all the attributes to go on and make a real impression in Senior football and he has the same hunger and drive that forced me to take a chance on Liam Buchanan.

"We are talking with the board in regard to getting something sorted and hopeful we can progress things. But it will be a two-way process."

While Doolan is a left-footed player he has enjoyed most of his success through the middle for Talbot and that is where he has been deployed by Jags to almost instant success behind closed doors.

McCall has, of course, enjoyed great success in talent-spotting from the lower reaches of the SFL with Buchanan plucked from Cowdenbeath and Scott Chaplain from Albion Rovers.

This would be the first time, in a Thistle context at least, that the boss has dipped into the Juniors.

However, McCall's interest in Doolan will only heighten his need to trim from his current playing squad.

With the loan spells of both Damon Gray and Stevie Lennon from Hibs and Rangers respectively about to come to an end there is likely to be some financial relief on the Jags' wage bill.

It is understood that any fee to Talbot would be of a four-figure nature. And while the front man may not be the 6ft 3ins battering ram currently lacking from the Thistle attacking arsenal, Doolan is understood to be decent in the air and with good spring for an individual who is around 5ft 10ins.

The Junior international's outstanding attributes are his searing pace and ability to beat a man en route to a strike. That would bring a more direct attacking quality to the Thistle attack which, although pretty, can at times be prosaic.

Regardless McCall will now face some tough calls as he decides who must make way in order to bring Doolan in and clear ground for his bid to find a target man in January should the Jags earn a lucrative cup run and, of course, stay in the First Division title race.

A few players off the top of my head who shouldn't be that far off our budget:

Steve Banks (out-of-favour at Hearts, would provide more experienced back-up to Buzz)

Dave McKay (always looked a solid,reliable defender which is something we've needed this season)

Gordon Greer (similar to McKay, think he's out of favour at Doncaster)

Graham Dorrans ( good creative wide player who would perhaps be available on loan from WBA)

Patrick Cregg (out-of contract i think, looked a good player with a nasty streak in him that we don't really have)

Simon Lappin (already know he can do a job for us , worth another try as he's not figured this season and we need something on the left-hand side)

Stephen Dobbie (Consistently prolific in the 1st division, should be capable of a step-up)

Steve Banks (out-of-favour at Hearts, would provide more experienced back-up to Buzz)

Dave McKay (always looked a solid,reliable defender which is something we've needed this season)

Gordon Greer (similar to McKay, think he's out of favour at Doncaster)

Grahan Dorrans ( good creative wide player who would perhaps be available on loan from WBA)

Patrick Cregg (out-of contract i think, looked a good player with a nasty streak in him that we don't really have)

Simon Lappin (already know he can do a job for us , worth another try as he's not figured this season and we need something on the left-hand side)

Stephen Dobbie (Consistently prolific in the 1st division, should be capable of a step-up)

All good shouts. Any one of them, or a few, would do nicely.