Vs. Hamilton Accies

Gaag

Our game in hand here, could be crucial in deciding our league position. If we get 3 points we'll have 5 point gap to Hearts and reduce the defecit on Utd. to 6 points. Going to be a tough game, but really hopeful of a result given our defensive performances of late.

I'd go with:

Ruddy

Hammell, Craigan, Reynolds, Hately,

Forbes, Lasley, Jennings, O'Brien

Jutkiewicz, Sutton

I presume McGlinchey won't be in the squad?

The team is kind of picking itself at the moment, and I'm happy to keep Jennings in there ahead of Coke right now.

Tough game, but I'm going for a 1-0 win.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can only echo whats been said above. The team has looked pretty steady recently because there's been very little tinkering.

Ruddy

Hateley, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell

O'Brien, Jennings, Lasley, Fitzpatrick

Sutton, Jutkiewicz

Subs: Fraser, Saunders, Forbes, Coke, Murphy, Humphreys, McHugh.

I would stay with the same team as the weekend with Humphrey coming on later for Fitzpatrick to run at them

Massive game because a win here will keep the momentum going and give us a bit of confidence going in to the game against Rangers.

After the recent run of impressive results you would think I would be tempted to finally predict a win....not so.

We're doing quite well and Accies are not, but we shouldn't fall into the trap of believing this will be a routine home win. I'm sure Craig and Archie will be emphasising this.

A draw for me.

same as saturday except forbes back in for fitzy. marc did a good job on saturday but this is more forbes type of game, we'll have loads of the ball and we'll need to break down the accies defence. i can see the two of them sharing the left mid duties for the rest of the season depending on who and where we're playing. if we could somehow spilce them we'd have a hell of a player.

i'm very confident about this which is strangely making me less confident as we get closer to the game. 2-0 to us as i can't see them being able to handle the juke and JOB.

No tinkering for me, would maybey consider starting humphreys to tire out the accies and bring on JOB in the second half utalising trickery and tired legs winning us some free kicks. i think a comfortable home win. 4 nil

Sutton, Duke, Jennings and Humphreys with goals

Have we ever achieved 5 league clean sheets in a row?

Looked it up and found 7 league games without conceding a goal from Feb-April 1996.

13.02.1996 Aberdeen home W1-0

24.02.1996 Raith Rovers home W1-0

02.03.1996 Falkirk home W1-0

16.03.1996 Kilmarnock away W1-0

23.03.1996 Celtic home D0-0

30.03.1996 Partick Thistle away W2-0

06.04.1996 Hibernian home W3-0

ended by

13.04.1996 Aberdeen away L1-2

Found at http://www.statto.com/football/teams/mothe...95-1996/results

Looked it up and found 7 league games without conceding a goal from Feb-April 1996.

13.02.1996 Aberdeen home W1-0

24.02.1996 Raith Rovers home W1-0

02.03.1996 Falkirk home W1-0

16.03.1996 Kilmarnock away W1-0

23.03.1996 Celtic home D0-0

30.03.1996 Partick Thistle away W2-0

06.04.1996 Hibernian home W3-0

ended by

13.04.1996 Aberdeen away L1-2

Found at http://www.statto.com/football/teams/mothe...95-1996/results

And in between that I'm sure we drew with Drogheda United 0-0 and beat Peterlee 8-0 :lol:

And in between that I'm sure we drew with Drogheda United 0-0 and beat Peterlee 8-0 :lol:

Sure we played at Peterlee Newtown in November 1996. I was at both, and the latter saw just 8 of us make it down on a very, very cold and snowy day. Joni Lehtonen actually managed to score that day (his only one) and no-one could get Willie Falconer and John Hendry away from the club puggy machine.....

Mcglinchy is available for the next game and to be fair it is a bit of a poison chalice. If he comes in then can see forbes go more central but that is for next week.

Same side for me as last week on the if it ain't broke. Would keep coke for rangers but have lost track as to when he is back from his ban :lol:

sutton to give us the goals 2-0 with ruddy pulling of some good saves and forbes coming strong.