Vs. Hamilton Accies

Gaag

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Peterlee 8 and the Albo however many should get together in a Harry Hill-esque fight to establish which is better.

Actually, is anyone in both? In which case, they would have the bragging rights for sure.

On the subject of bizarre mid-week friendlies, here's highlights of the Northallerton Town game....

Broon's decision to include Fitzy instead of Rossco at Aberdeen last week was in spite of him admitting that Rossco played well at Falkirk, so he seems to be looking at 'horses for courses'.

That said I'd be surprised if he changes it for tomorrow, so same team for me. It will probably be close, but then again I said that before last week!

I'll say 2-0 for us and will be delighted if we can achieve that.

I genuinely dont think we should drop Jennings or Las for Coke tomorrow, think we should stay as it was from Saturday.

Agree with you there. Coke is a funny one, at the Falkirk game he did nothing until the red card then there is other times when he puts in the effort he does look a really decent player but i would stick with Jennings.

Tough game tomorrow which will be scrappy but hopefully we should have enough quality in our line up that should see us cement 5th place for the time being.

Thinking more about it, Hamilton are a different team to Aberdeen so tactically we might NEED to change. Hamilton have a fair bit of dig in them so I'd want a solid, hard, and creative midfield four.

Could we incorporate Coke, Lasley, AND, Jennings into that and give O'Brien free reign??

Thinking more about it, Hamilton are a different team to Aberdeen so tactically we might NEED to change. Hamilton have a fair bit of dig in them so I'd want a solid, hard, and creative midfield four.

Could we incorporate Coke, Lasley, AND, Jennings into that and give O'Brien free reign??

Put O'Brien wide left, tuck Jennings n on the right and have Lasley/Code in the middle.

Put O'Brien wide left, tuck Jennings n on the right and have Lasley/Code in the middle.

The only problem there is we will get nothing coming into the box from the right unless Hateley is hitting the byeline. I might be wrong but I don't see Jennings doing what O'Brien can do in the left.

Maybe now;

Ruddy

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Coke Jennings Lasley

O'Brien

Sutton Lukas

Although that has a JG feel to it. If it wasn't working then one of the midfield three (whoever was least effective) off and CH on to play on right and go to 4-4-2.

A wee nosey about on one of the Accies sites was quite enlightening - apparently they could be missing two or three of their more important players. Curier and McLaughlin are meant be out with doubts over Alex Neil and Wesowlowski - the wee shite that put Forbes off his penalty.

Not that we should be overly fretting about any opposition players but hey every wee advantage that can be gleaned....

I would that if we play as we can with current confidence we should have enough about us to see Accies off. If it gets tough, tight and scrappy then I'm still pretty confident as I think we've enough spirit and doggedness about us to be able to handle that if it comes to it.

Any kind of home win will do!

A wee nosey about on one of the Accies sites was quite enlightening - apparently they could be missing two or three of their more important players. Curier and McLaughlin are meant be out with doubts over Alex Neil and Wesowlowski - the wee shite that put Forbes off his penalty.

Not that we should be overly fretting about any opposition players but hey every wee advantage that can be gleaned....

I would that if we play as we can with current confidence we should have enough about us to see Accies off. If it gets tough, tight and scrappy then I'm still pretty confident as I think we've enough spirit and doggedness about us to be able to handle that if it comes to it.

Any kind of home win will do!

:notworthy:

There is more than ONE Accies site? :lol:

Just read on the official that it is only £25 to get an adult and TWO kids in tommorow as opposed to the usual £28 for an adult and one kid.

WHY are the club not screaming to the high heavens about this??

:notworthy:

If we run an initiative we need to let people know about it!! Even if it is a 'rollover' from the original game. This should be talked up and marketed around the shire as getting your two kids along to a derby match for £25 quid. Great value but why keep it a secret until the day before the game!!

The only people going to use this are people who might have paid in two weans anyway!!

:lol: