Mark Fitzpatrick

Maxi

I haven't posted on the board for a long time and i must say i was pleasantly surprised at some of the comments made about Marc, some attitudes seem to have changed.

Marc did in fact pull a hamstring on saturday and will be out for 4-6 weeks and there is no one more gutted than him. He has worked hard during the Gannon spell to keep his fitness up even although he knew he had no chance under him.

Love Marc or hate him he has always acted as the total professional on and off the park and although he may at time give the ball away,like countless others,he always gives 100% on the park and never hides as has been suggested.

Marc has played over 150 games for Motherwell in the spl,he has played in Europe and represented Scotland at under 19 and under 21 level,he has worked under a variety of managers who have all thought he was an asset to the team,except for Gannon though,

that was more to do with the fact he was scottish rather than his ability!, so there is more to him than "that goal"

He deserves his place in the team and i hope he gets his chance again because he is totally commited to Motherwell so maybe if the doubters and haters of Marc give him some encouragement we may get to see the best of him in the future.

Good post mate although is it really true that Gannons problem with him was the fact that he was Scottish? The reason I'm asking is because it didn't stop other Scottish youngsters in the team getting their games.

Gannon had a lot of issues with all of the first team players at the club and had to resort to playing the youngsters when he froze them out.
I thought it was the other way around i.e. he had problems with the senior players because his philosophy has always been to play the youngsters ahead of them.

His phylosophy was to make a name for himself and in orderto do so he USED the youngsters until such times that they were not doing as well and then he used the experienced players.....not good for youngsters confidence building them up then knocking them right back down again without a thought or explaination for them!!

• 2 weeks later...