Stephen Craigan's Testimonial Dinner

Crazy Diamond

SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR TESTIMONIAL DINNER

The Speakers have now been announced for the Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan’s Testimonial Dinner on Saturday 27th February.

The evening will be hosted by Motherwell Season Ticket holder and host of BBC Scotland’s popular Off The Ball programme, Tam Cowan. He will be supported by BBC colleague and St. Mirren fan Chick Young, and highly rated comedian Gary Little.

Gary’s comedy career kicked off in 2003, and soon after, he entered The Stand Comedy Club/Daily Record New Talent Search and was one of seven finalists. Since 2005, Gary has been recognised as an established headline act in clubs throughout Scotland, including The Stand, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

In recent years, he has progressed to regular gigs throughout the United Kingdom, including Jongleurs and other respected venues. He has also played this year’s Leicester Comedy Festival (Best of Scotland).

Reviewing one of Little’s performances the Daily Record said, ‘Gary Little is a very big man who is not afraid to tackle difficult subjects. Rib tickling if not quite touching’.

Next up will be well known BBC Pundit, and colleague of Craigan’s on BBC Sportsound, Chick Young. Young has had 30 years of experience covering the game in Scotland, breaking many exclusives in that time.

He is a popular speaker on the after dinner circuit as he shares stories gathered on his travels covering the beautiful game in Scotland.

Tam Cowan said, “These are two of the best speakers in Scotland and will have everyone in stitches.”

There will also be the chance to bid for a number of top sports prizes including football memorabilia along with a number of fourballs at Scotland’s top golf venues.

Stephen Craigan is Motherwell’s most capped player having earned 40 caps for Northern Ireland during his spell at Fir Park, to add to the three he gained during his short spell at Partick Thistle.

Stephen was awarded his Testimonial back in March of this year to recognise his 13 years service at the club, across two spells. He was signed by Alex McLeish back in 1995 before being released by Billy Davies after 32 appearances for the club in six years.

He helped Partick Thistle to back to back promotions from the Second Division to the Premier Division before Terry Butcher brought him back to Fir Park in the summer of 2003. Since then he has taken his total number of appearances to over 250 for the club, including an appearance at Hampden in the League Cup Final of 2005.

Tickets for the dinner at the Strathclyde Hilton, Bellshill are available from the Fir Park ticket office, priced at £50 per head or a table of ten for £500 or twelve for £600.

More details at www.stephencraigan.com

• 2 weeks later...

The seating plan is being worked on at the moment, the good news is that the "top table" is in the middle of the hall making it easier to see for everybody.

With the timetable we have it looks as though events won't finish until just before midnight - it's going to be a busy night!!

Please remember this has nothing to do with the club but it being organised by the Testimonial Committee, if you want anymore info drop me a PM

The seating plan is being worked on at the moment, the good news is that the "top table" is in the middle of the hall making it easier to see for everybody.

With the timetable we have it looks as though events won't finish until just before midnight - it's going to be a busy night!!

Please remember this has nothing to do with the club but it being organised by the Testimonial Committee, if you want anymore info drop me a PM

Really looking forward to this - but will that table plan not mean some will only see the back of the speakers heads? :)

No, it's not "in the round" they are in the middle of hall at one side, seemingly at Dougie's they were at one end meaning they were miles away from some of the guests.

The Testimonial game won't be announced on Sat....still a few things to be sorted out before this can be announced.

It was a fantastic night. All the players are fantastic as is Craig Brown. Chick Young wasnae that bad either. The comedian was shit hot.

I won a signed canvas of the team in Bucharest. :huh:

The club bought the Ribbons. I think it was 4 and a half grand they went for but I was steaming my memory is a bit hazy :lol:

Darren Smith was runner up in a game of heads or tails. And I bidded on a signed Faddy scotland top. I lost :(

It was a fantastic night. All the players are fantastic as is Craig Brown. Chick Young wasnae that bad either. The comedian was shit hot.

I won a signed canvas of the team in Bucharest. :huh:

The club bought the Ribbons. I think it was 4 and a half grand they went for but I was steaming my memory is a bit hazy :(

Darren Smith was runner up in a game of heads or tails. And I bidded on a signed Faddy scotland top. I lost :(

Eh? :lol:

Ah......I was a bit naive there. Of course the club were going to win the ribbons in the auction. Wouldn't be right for anyone else to have them.