Vs Heart Of Midloathing - Wed 7th Jan

Guest JohnnyDefault

Guest JohnnyDefault

Well chaps will we do it? They're above us in the league after a good run earlier in the season. I watched a bit of the Edinburger derby on Sat and they're definitely not playing as well as they were - however they create chances and have some pacey players. Take that in consideration with the collapsable leg syndrome and you will probably agree that it could be a tricky one at the ark tomorrow.

Either of the starting XIs from the last two weeks would do me if they're all fit.

I think we can shade it though - but need to be wary of their pace, particularly on the flanks and the collapsable legs particularly around the 18 yd box.

Looking forward to welcoming Calum Elliot back to Fir Park too :P

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be another draw.

Defence looks solid at the moment, but I feel we will get swamped in the midfield. Also I would swap drop Hughes and have Klimpl and Lasley in the middle.

Also Elliot won't be there as he is in Livingston scoring goals...I know I couldn't believe it either.

Our defence has been boosted by the return of Craigan and the big plus is that Hearts only have big Nade up front and he ain't a footballer. We'll have to watch their midfield though and it might be tough to create something, especially considering we haven't been taking our chances lately.

However, we're due a rub of the green after the amount of penalty shouts we've had turned down etc and I think the team are definitely pulling in the right direction. Tough one to call really, think I'll go for a 0-0 draw.

Think this is a big oppertunity for O'Brien to silence his critics, for me hes a big asset. seems to be the only one who actually runs down the flanks, if he can improve the quality into the box even a wee bit i can see us banging a few in.

Think we have been trying to play too many balls over the top and through the middle to sutton and porter this season. With the strength and height we've got up front I think crossed balls intot the box is a better use of the two forwards attributes, as we saw with porters treble.

The Jambos have favoured a 4-5-1 formation so it might be worth asking Clarky to fill in on the right side to match up, especially to ensure that Coach isn't left one on one too often with Andy Driver.

Midfield will be crowded but I think we can hold our own in there, and if we can keep Nade, Stewart and the afore-mentioned Driver quiet then Jambos goal threat is virtually nil.

In terms of going forward I think we have the more potent goal threat, and with that in mind I'm going for us to pinch it 1-0 thanks to Ports.

The Jambos have favoured a 4-5-1 formation so it might be worth asking Clarky to fill in on the right side to match up, especially to ensure that Coach isn't left one on one too often with Andy Driver.

Midfield will be crowded but I think we can hold our own in there, and if we can keep Nade, Stewart and the afore-mentioned Driver quiet then Jambos goal threat is virtually nil.

In terms of going forward I think we have the more potent goal threat, and with that in mind I'm going for us to pinch it 1-0 thanks to Ports.

I'd be more concerened at having Hammell and Jim O'Brien doubling up on Kingston or Palazuelos.

Hammell can't defend at all but seems like a decent winger.

If fit I'd have Fitzy in for Lasley moving O'Brien back to midfield to give the team better balance and width. I suppose Lasley playing instead of Hughes is an option too, but I think I'd leave Stef in for now.

Gonna be a tough game, but I think we've got a decent chance of a point, maybe even all 3.

So is it on setanta tomorrow? Just been informed that quite a few setanta trucks where at fir park today.

Personally not too sure how this one will go hopefully we'll edge it with Porter getting the winner.

2-1 for the Well!

I dont think it is.

Were the trucks maybe Sky Sports, as they just had a segment on TV, with McGhee and our "Dome"

Im pretty positive the game will be on.

I thought we only had the USH on (apparently!) for when the Hearts game was called off?

So at that time without any covers or 'good' working USH there wasn't much hope but, with this dome I reckon its going ahead.

Got a funny feeling were getting something out of this game!

Actually looking forward to it!

Paper on Sunday said the game was live on BBC Alba - was originally being broadcast on the Saturday night of the postponed game.

Anyway, a few of the Jambos at work reckon if we score we'll win tomorrow night as they aren't confident with their striking options.

I'll be happy with any sort of victory, but would take a draw.

We badly badly need a win and 3 points to get ourselves up the league a bit and further away from the bottom team.

Will we get it though? Will we f....maybe.....

I'd probably take a point right now to be honest.

Obviously we've played a lot better in the last two games than previous ones, but the damage has been done and our non taking of points and non scoring of goals from earlier supposedy "winnable" games has meant the pressure really is now on to get points from the games coming up.