Vs Heart Of Midloathing - Wed 7th Jan

Guest JohnnyDefault

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a fuckin result.

But porter might well be right in the plans for hearts now.

One more result and results in our favor take us up to 7th.

Hopefully this is the start of a good run.

Will be a hard game at tannadice.

Finally O'brien signing making sense, hope this is a our season getting started.

Moan the fucking well.

So delighted tonight, still canni believe iv not been to a game since Killie away with a season ticket. Fuck work.

Just in from game and a MASSIVE 3pts for us. Sometimes an ugly 1-0 win is required and boy that was uglier than Dot Cotton and Pauline Fowler rolled into one. :) . But do i care? Do i feck. Have to say the pitch wasn't great but the spirit and determination from everyone was marvellous if only we could've actually strung 2 passes together or actually had a shot at goals rather than wee nice flicks. :) .But hey it's a massive win. For anyone wanting to watch the highlights im afraid there isn't any apart from our well worked winning goal. MON THE WELL!

what did he say i didn't hear??

So chuffed it was ports that got the goal:D

I lsitened to his post match on radio scotland on the way home no idea what he said but t took about ten minutes to say it :)

EDIT... from the bbc website Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo:

"This was the biggest game in this season for my team, but Motherwell were not the best, but they scored a goal in 10 minutes

Bolloks we were miles better all over the park

Not the greatest game, I don't think either keeper had a serious save to make in the entire 90 minutes (+4!).

We were the better team though and Hearts were pretty woeful to be honest. At least we looked solid and organised which we haven't the last couple of times I'd seen us (didn't managed to get to the Inverness match so I can't talk about that one).

Referee was abysmal and didn't do much to help the flow of the match as well as spending a lot of the time with his back to play! Good one ref!

Once again Stephen Hughes was a shadow of himself but most of the other players at least gave effort even if the quality wasn't there (especially O'Brien, sweated buckets but no end product whatsoever).

7 points out of 9 is a decent return over the Holiday period though.

I counted two shots on target the whole match - Porter's header and an effort from a FHW near the start of the second half.

Was in the Hearts end tonight, some of the abuse was hilarious - including a 20 minute rant from one guy next to me based around all Motherwell fans being on the gyro, which meant Hearts had to pay more taxes, which meant they were in part funding our team and also meant they couldn't make any "quality" signings! :)

Fucking ye ha!!! Get it up the maroon bastards. It was a deserved victory because Hearts did not offer anything and we were the better team. The play building up to the first goal was tip top and klimpl once again was immense. I have to mention Jim O'Brien has proven that he is worthy of a start, I just wished we would shoot more. More than happy with all three points and I am away to get further pished!!!!!!!!!

Mon the well

Callum Elliot yer a wank

Special mention for the fact that was another clean sheet. :lol: Ok Smith was hardly troubled but credit to the defenders for that and to MMcG tactics worked perfect.

A more settled team is now paying off and when other teams start to falter (as they are bound to) we can capitalise.

The only way is up :lol:

The Jambos have favoured a 4-5-1 formation
so it might be worth asking Clarky to fill in on the right side to match up, especially to ensure that Coach isn't left one on one too often with Andy Driver.

Midfield will be crowded but I think we can hold our own in there, and
if we can keep Nade, Stewart and the afore-mentioned Driver quiet then Jambos goal threat is virtually nil.

In terms of going forward I think we have the more potent goal threat, and with that in mind I'm going for us to pinch it
1-0 thanks to Ports.

Fair chuffed with my prediction, not a lot wrong there eh?!! Great result and a resilient performance, solid all over the park and a better final pass away from another couple of goals. Great stuff!

It wasn't the prettiest of victories, but i'll take them all day long.

For the first hour, Porter was immense, but he tired towards the end. Totally understandable. Other special mentions for O'Brien & Klimpl. I thought Lasley & Clarkson were a bit off tonight, but fuck it, we beat the Jambo's!

Hearts were piss poor tonight. The only one that impresses me is Andy Driver. Though, he's got fuck all strikers to work with so I hope he gets a move away to show off his talent a bit better. That boy Nade is completely hopeless, then again, Calum Elliot..... :lol:

Also, AndyRoss now thinks Chris Porter is worth £20million after that performance. Who am I to argue? :lol:

We were miles better and we were average. They were absolutely rancid, the foul throw in injury time being the premium example - and we fair made them pay for it as I don't think they got the ball in our half after that. Our final ball (or lack of it) will strangle us. O'Brien and Lasley on the wings just don't give you that and because of it for all the good play up until there we not creating enough chances for our play and it happened on Saturday as well and to a lesser extent v Inverness. Though Clarkson and O'Brien have given us a better balance in the team and Craigan has given us more assurance. We not brilliant yet but going the right way.