• Ross Forbes
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Null Vote

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very tough call this one. Great shows from Las, Jenno and Crags, but I felt Jimo ran his heart out tirelessly for 90 minutes and was great on the ball, so he just got my vote.

Not voting as I can't make up my mind between Lasley and Jennings? How often have we bossed the midfield against Rangers before?

Lasley has bossed the Rangers midfield on more than a few occassion now.

Terrific performance from him and Jennings in the middle, O'Brien ran riot, Sutton full of endeavour but my choice is Craigan. Outstanding performance.

As others have said, a few contenders. Hately had a good game and scored a brilliant freekick. Would have been tempted to give it to Jennings as I felt O'Brien tired a bit towards the end, so I'm going for Keith Lasley who was excellent once again, showing great mobility and some real dig. We've really missed him, and it's great to have a Housewives Favourite again!

Also, forgot to put a special mention to Craggs - another one who has been badly missed. He held the defense together last night as I felt both Hammell and Reynolds were slightly ropey, even aside from their goal.

Outstanding performance, would vote for the full 11 if it would let me.

Jennings and lasley were different class together, 1 sat, 1 went, and vice versa, all night. positional sense and discipline was fantastic from both.

Hately.. what a freekick, best i've seen at FirPark (apart from Van der Gaag)

Lukas and Sutton just kept digging in at the back four and gave them a torrid time.

O'Brien never stopped, up and down the line all night, never scared to go at his man.

but for me craigan was the obvious choice, that display last night reminded me why watching craigan years ago that i wanted to be a centre half, never missed a tackle (or a man ;) ), would would run through a brick wall for motherwell and his distribution was top notch. Every tackle he not only goes in to win the ball, but to hit the man aswell, thats what makes him the best centre half at the club!

Jim O'Brien for me.

Thought he was fantastic throughout, never gave the Rangers defence any peace. On the few occaisions that Rangers put on some pressure, he was always the out ball and he'd take it a run.

Special mention for Stephen Craigan, a very close 2nd. Superb performance! Long may that continue.

I thought Lasley and Jennings were absolutely immense in midfield. Never gave up on anything. Fighting for every ball. Using the ball well when they won it. I'm going for Lasley but it's a close call. Jim O'Brien had a good game too, and if he'd used his possession better in the second half then I might have chosen him.

Like many others I thought Las, Craggs & O'Brien had good games. But for me it was Jennings his best display yet in a 'Well jersey and showed the fighting spirit and lack of respect you need against the old firm.

Don't think and SPL midfield would have had as much possesion against Rangers in any game this season as we did last night.

Hardest one of the season to pick, hats off to all the guys as they put in a real shift, stuck to their tasks and showed some good football at times. I'd need to type all their names down to be honest. Easier to mention the worst performance - sadly that goes to Forbes, has been toiling in recent games but I'm sure that he will come good in the nest season or two. Definitely one for the future.

At a push big Lucas, he put some shift in (as he always does), is excellent at holding up the ball, chases down long balls harries the opposing defense and keeper, and keeps going for 90mins... think that's enough - aye big Lucas.

Yet again another great performance, knocked the ball around really well. Great performances by Lasley, JOB, Craigan, Hately, Jennings Sutton and Ruddy. Went for Lasley as he broke up Reanger attack numerous times and we countered.

Dissapointed with the lack of communication effort with the goal we conceded, Craigan did not close down papac, ruddy was rooted to the line and goodnedd knows what reynolds was doing, 2 points lost yet again against Rangers.

To me it was a two horse race between Craigan and O'Brien. And its an unfair race because O'Brien does more entertaining stuff because of his position and is more of a crowd pleased than a centre half. But trying to take that out of it Craigan edges it. I felt O'Brien, along with some of the other forward players started making tired decisons towards the end of the game, whereas Craigan kept his level throughout. And thats four games in a row I've voted for a defender or the goalie! Must be the Brown affect.

Can't fault O'Brien's endeavour, however wondered why run like a mentalist, win the ball and pass it directly to Weir? His passes broke down more moves than what he created. I was on my feet at least 5 times in the last 20 minutes voicing that particular opinion.

Felt Murphy could have came on earlier as both forwards were labouring after putting in an admirable shift. Either of the two wingers on with 5-10 minutes to go to take on old men in Rangers defence and give the other forward a rest.

Craigan gets it. Very, very assured performance.

I can't wait till Hutchison is fit an puts pressure on Reynolds to up his game.

Thinking a midfield of Jennings, Coke, Hateley and Lasley is formidable. Ideally right back to free Hateley back to his best position.

Get Hammell's contract renewed immediately. Good servant and wants to stay. In fact sign up everyone on longer deals, we've got a very promising squad.

I suspect O'Brien will get the popular vote but I'd like to praise Stephen Craigan for putting in a faultless performance against Rangers. What a difference a change in management can do for self confidence.

And to think only a few weeks ago, many of us thought he was finished.