Fhw Declare Interest In Porter

numpty

And it's a whole day before we play them, too, so it's obviously not just an unsettling tactic :P

"Hearts keen to land Motherwell striker Chris Porter

Published Date: 06 January 2009

By BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS have declared an interest in Motherwell striker Chris Porter with the intention of luring the Englishman to Tynecastle before the transfer window closes.

Porter is one of several strikers, including Chris Killen and Andrius Velicka, on a list of potential signing targets presented to Hearts' majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov by manager Csaba Laszlo.

The club have intimated their interest to Porter's representatives and are now awaiting a response. Laszlo is keen to recruit the 25-year-old in the window rather than sign him on a pre-contract agreement with his current Motherwell deal due to expire this summer.

However, Hearts face competition from English Championship sides Sheffield United, Norwich City and Blackpool plus an unnamed European club. Motherwell are requesting a fee of £200,000 to release Porter from the remaining six months of his contract.

He has scored seven goals this season, following on from a tally of 18 last year which propelled the Lanarkshire club towards European qualification.

Laszlo believes Porter could offer Hearts a much-needed killer instinct in attack. "He is a good player but I don't think it's only Hearts who have an interest in him. He is a regular scorer and a very interesting name. He is definitely a name on my list," said the Hungarian.

"Like any player, he must have the will to come. Porter is not the only name that is interesting me but he is a player who can make a difference in the striker position.

"He knows the league and this is always a big advantage. He is a young player and for every young player Heart of Midlothian must be interesting because a lot of young players get a chance to play in the SPL here.

"We have a lot of names. If we make a deal, everybody must be satisfied. The player, the selling club and the buying club. Making a deal is not easy and I don't want to take a player who is not satisfied because then you cannot expect a good performance.

"We are looking at what we can do in the transfer market. I gave my plan and some names that can be interesting for us, now the decision is the board's."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think hearts will be singing anyone in the window to be honest, cant see where they are going to get the money from.

Get fucked FHW! your mind games are the oldest pish in the book, surely everyone can see through this one

Get yir hoose on Ports to score the first goal on Wednesday then, just like big Lee did when the Tuaregs tried a similar unsettling tactic a few years back.

Yeah, but Boyle reportedly turned down a bid of £1m for McCulloch. Looking back at it, the whole thing was absolutely mad.

As for the story, if Hearts are looking to sign Porter in January then they should be speaking to Motherwell rather than his agent.

Just out of interest, that's not in the Scotsman is it? :lol:

Obvious unsettling tactics and hopefully Ports will silence them with a couple of goals tomorrow night!

Evening News I believe. Shock horror I know!

Porter Hatrick, with a Tshirt underneath his top with "Stuff ye'r Hearts" is shown in celebration :wallbash:

Yeah, but Boyle reportedly turned down a bid of £1m for McCulloch. Looking back at it, the whole thing was absolutely mad.

£1m sounded good in the papers and it might have reached £1m had he satisfied a multitude of clauses they wanted to insert. In reality the offer was less than a quarter of that for McCulloch and the rest would have been in bits and bobs over a number of years.

Same goes for Porter as it was for McCulloch - wrong move at the wrong time.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Hearts are a bigger (correct) and better (wrong) club than Motherwell. If Hearts were to make an acceptable bid he would be very interested in a move to Edinburgh (wrong).

33% Correct! (That's one out of three mate)

Stroll Along!

Hearts are a bigger and better club than Motherwell. If Hearts were to make an acceptable bid he would be very interested in a move to Edinburgh.

porter will have no interest in hearts he came up here to improve his game and go back down south after two years.what do you want a quality striker like ports for anyway yous have the goal machine that is callum elliott back now

Why would he not be paid? :lol:
Don't ask me, ask the players that are still waiting on their win bonuses from last year. Or have a word with Arbroath. When you are stiffing a wee team out of 14 grand, you know are in financial trouble.