John Ruddy

johnstone

I thought you were going to bed? if we call them tims and h**s how are we being bigots when we dislike them equally when they come to fir park

Dislike them equally in the way fans like something else do, you mean? An anyway, is shouting 'paedophiles' one week and 'orange bastards' the next really your way of expressing how much you dislike somebody? Is prejudice the only manifestation of rivalry.

As you say up there, get tae fuck. Now I am going to bed because sometimes the small minds in Scotland's central belt really do piss me off. It's 2010 not 1690.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you say up there, get tae fuck. Now I am going to bed because sometimes the small minds in Scotland's central belt really do piss me off. It's 2010 not 1690.

Are you prejudiced towards me because i don't have a big mind like you?

I thought you were going to bed? if we call them tims and h**s how are we being bigots when we dislike them equally when they come to fir park

I don't think it matters. They're both bigoted terms.

There are more religions in the world than the Protestant and Catholic versions of Christianity. Just because you dislike two things equally doesn't make it non-bigoted to use bigoted terms to describe them.

Like religions, there are also more than one race and nationalities of people in the world. For example, someone may dislike Pakistanis and Ugandans equally, but that doesn't make them non-bigoted if they call them P*k!s and N!gg*rs.

Or am I applying too much logic and reason?

Oh and Ruddy ain't going to Rangers. No way could they afford him!!!

And Traffic Light, stop taking their bait everytime. They probably love winding you up.

I don't think it matters. They're both bigoted terms.

How are they bigoted terms?

In the west of Scotland, H-u-n = Rangers fan, Tim = Celtic fan, simple as that.

Most Celtic fans I know proudly refer to themselves as 'Tims' and some of them are not even Catholic. There's even a Celtic fan's forum called 'e-tims' and a shop in the Gallowgate called 'Timland'.

I myself am Catholic and there are plenty of other Motherwell fans who are aswell, but I don't class myself as a 'Tim' as that to me means 'Celtic fan' and I would never use it to describe any Catholic.

And as for the other one, if H-u-n is sectarian I'd love someone to explain the reasons why it is because for all you hear some hyper sensitive Rangers fans greetin about how it is an offensive term about Protestants I've yet to hear any evidence that supports this. Indeed, if that was the case then there must be plenty of right good, faithful and devout 'H-u-ns' that support Motherwell and Aberdeen and erm, just about every club in Scotland. Even Celtic!

I completely understand why Orange or fen1an bastard or even bead rattler are considered sectarian, usually because they are used in such a sweeping generalisation but I just don't see the 'H-u-n/Tim' one in the same category.