Can Tom Hateley Play For Scotland?

andybug

A lot of people have mentioned that Marc reynolds and Steven Hammell have been overlooked for Scotland squad despite the fact that they are part of the defence with the most shut outs in the league and that dumpling Kenneth has been called up and it got me thinking , under new schooling rules can Tom Hateley play for Scotland?

Even if he could do you think he's good enough to get selected for the new (dundee) i mean scotland squad?

U wouldn't put him at right back instead of alan hutton and the midfield is by far the strongest part of our national team so where would he claim a place?

Hmmmmmm Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley???? Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley??? Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley. . . . .

Tough one that :doh:

He was born in Monaco, so I would guess that cuts down the chances of a Scots mum, as its pre Rangers.

Ah, I thought the current Mrs Hately was his mum.

Hmmmmmm Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley???? Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley??? Tom Hateley or Paul Hartley. . . . .

Tough one that :P

Paul Hartley by a mile!

And to be realistic Hartley doesn't really get a look in anymore.

Agreed. I like Hately a lot but he is miles off being a Paul Hartley.

You're having a laugh. Maybe when Hartley was at Hearts versus Hateley at the moment you would have a point. But, Hartley at the moment versus Hateley at the moment is a no-brainer.

As it stands though I dont think he is eligible so its all theoretical.

You're having a laugh. Maybe when Hartley was at Hearts versus Hateley at the moment you would have a point. But, Hartley at the moment versus Hateley at the moment is a no-brainer.

As it stands though I dont think he is eligible so its all theoretical.

Hartley is doing very well "at the moment". Scored a few beauties this season.

Hateley would be my 'Well Player of the Season if I was voting right now.

There appears to be a rule that if you play for Motherwell you can't play for Scotland, regardless of form.

To be fair, quite often that's because they're not half as good as they look through claret and amber glasses, but even great players like Faddy have to make a big move elsewhere before they are seriously in contention for a place. It always bugged me that he scored for Scotland just after he moved to Everton.