The Run In

GazzyB

Not a whole lot going on at work today, so I thought I'd have a look at the pre-split run-in. Despite the fact we're on a really good run the now, the run in is quite tricky. Away to St Johnstone & St Mirren, followed by 2 big games at home to Hearts and then away to Dundee Utd, home to Falkirk and then away at Parkhead.

If I was pushing it without being ridiculous I'd say 4 points from the next 2 games, followed by a draw against Hearts and then again against Dundee Utd, before beating Falkirk and losing at Parkhead. That'd see us go into the split on 50 points. From a slightly more realistic point of view I'd say we'll draw the next 3 games, get beaten by Dundee Utd, beat Falkirk and lose to celtic, leaving us on 47 points.

I think Hibs will draw with Kilie, lose to Hearts, draw with Dundee Utd, beat Falkirk, lose to Celtic and beat the Accies on the last day, meaning they go into the split on 52.

Dundee Utd will beat Hearts, draw with Aberdeen, Hibs and us, beat St Johnstone and lose to Rangers, giving them the sum of 54 points.

Hearts will lose against Utd, draw with us, beat Hibs, lose to Rangers and draw with St Mirren, giving them 42 points (although BBC has them played 27 games and only 5 more listed, so we'll budget them 1 more point and stick em down on 43).

As you can see from the above Hearts have by far the hardest run in, and I think it'll be a 3 horsed race for 3rd and 4th place. Either way, I'm very confident we can get 4th place!

Going by my logic, the table would look like this...

3) Dundee Utd - 54

4) Hibs - 52

5) Motherwell - 50

6) Hearts - 43

I don't see us getting anything at Parkhead in the last game before the split but a repeat of 2 years ago would be unbelievable. I would settle for draws against United and St Johnstone.

We have to beat Hearts and the other 2 games are more than winnable. So if we take 11 points out of the next 18 i would be delighted with that.

said before + will say again, pretty sure the cup final will be contested by Rangers/Celtic/Hibs which means 5th will make europe, 5th will do nicely thanx!!! After the split we can worry about 2nd/3rd/4th etc, till then the only games Im interested in are these :

M`Well (41) -

Home to Hearts + Falkirk

Away to St Johnstone, St Midden, Celtic, Utd

Hearts (37) -

Home to Hibs, Rangers, Killie

Away to Utd, M`Well, St Midden

Aberdeen (29) -

Home to Utd, St Midden, St Johnstone

Away to Hamilton, St Johnstone, Rangers, Killie

St Johnstone (28) -

Home to M`Well, Aberdeen, Falkirk, Utd, Rangers

Away to Falkirk, Celtic, Hamilton, Aberdeen

We beat St Johnstone + we pretty much seal our top 6 place as we`d be 16 ahead of Saints + 12-15 ahead of Aberdeen with still 5 games to pick up points. Aberdeen are away to Rangers + Saints play both halves of the gruesome twosome plus St Johnstone play Aberdeen twice so they should both lose enough points to ensure neither make it past 44 points. If I was being really greedy Id ask for wins against St Johnstone,Hearts + Falkirk

and draws with St Midden + Utd but that would REALLY be asking a lot, tho on the run we currently are on,certainly not impossible!

I think we will have a tricky run in. Teams know our style now and will adapt. If our BIG players are onjured JOB, Duke then we will struggle. Of course a loss will burst the bubble, so lets hope we can hold that off until later on. Defor happy with a draw 2moro but i will be delighted with a win.

Lets just keep it one game at a time. top 5 would be a great chance and possibility of Europe, after the split we can rake in the big cash and earn 4th for ourselves.

To be fair our defence has put in some amazing performances and we have also ridden our luck on a few occasions. The Falkirk game at FP before Christmas must have had Eddie May wondering what do we have to do as they outplayed us and ying and yang theory suggests this maybe shouldn't be ruled as a easy 3 pointer. Our results have meant stability and consistency in the team line-up, however that also allows the opposition to predict with good deal of accuracy our probable tactics and style. I think top 6 was assured last weekend. As for final position Shaka pointed out top 5 will almost guarantee Europe. I like to think our form since Jan should be rewarded with a 4th place at least.

Top 6 all but secured, Keep on rollin Baby!!! B-)

2nd. Celtic (51)

Home to St Johnstone, Killie,Motherwell

Away to Falkirk, St Midden, Hibs

3rd. Hibs (47)

Home to Utd,Celtic

Away to Hearts, Falkirk, Hamilton

4th. Dundee Utd (45)

Home to Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers

Away to Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone

5th. M`Well (44) -

Home to Hearts + Falkirk

Away to St Midden, Celtic, Utd

6th. Hearts (37) -

7th. Aberdeen (30) -

Away to St Johnstone, Rangers, Killie

8th. St Johnstone (28) -

Home to Aberdeen, Falkirk, Utd, Rangers

This week is huge in terms of the chase for third. If we win on Tuesday, and follow it up with a win on Saturday (I know one game at a time but...) it will move us 3 points clear of Hibs, and 4 points clear of Dundee United. Both clubs will have games in hand, one of which is against each other - the other being derbies against Hearts and Aberdeen respectively.

This week is huge in terms of the chase for third. If we win on Tuesday, and follow it up with a win on Saturday (I know one game at a time but...) it will move us 3 points clear of Hibs, and 4 points clear of Dundee United. Both clubs will have games in hand, one of which is against each other - the other being derbies against Hearts and Aberdeen respectively.

How 4 ahead of Utd?. They are 1 ahead of us and play tomorrrow

Top 6 all but secured, Keep on rollin Baby!!! :notworthy:

2nd. Celtic (51)

Home to St Johnstone, Killie,Motherwell

Away to Falkirk, St Midden, Hibs

3rd. Hibs (47)

Home to Utd,Celtic

Away to Hearts, Falkirk, Hamilton

4th. Dundee Utd (45)

Home to Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers

Away to Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone

5th. M`Well (44) -

Home to Hearts + Falkirk

Away to St Midden, Celtic, Utd

6th. Hearts (37) -

7th. Aberdeen (30) -

Away to St Johnstone, Rangers, Killie

8th. St Johnstone (28) -

Home to Aberdeen, Falkirk, Utd, Rangers

From this Celtic should be looking to take 15 points minimum from the games they have up to the split. If anyone will choke it should be Utd. They appear to have the hardest run in.