• Klimpl
    • O'Brien
    • Lasley
    • Hughes
    • Porter
    • Clarkson
    • Murphy (Sub)
    • Darren Smith (Sub)

Before tonight I was far from Jim O'Brien's greatest fan. In fact, I thought he was shite and couldn't believe we'd actually signed him.

However, tonight I thought he was cracking. Used his pace well, and looked the most likely 'Well player to create something. Also just kept on running and running. One game doesn't make him top class, but if he keeps it up then I'll happily admit I was wrong about him.

Wee mention for big Maros anaw, he's a fucking machine in the middle of the park!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say that he worked hard and I applauded the fact he was getting stuck in a bit more. but his end product is shocking, there's no denying that fact.....but if he improves that then I'm sure he will win me over.

Aye ok, but you did say he was pretty poor, but he was far from it in my opinion. Was it not a bit of play from him and Hughes that created the goal? I think he is getting better game by game and thought he was pretty decent tonight. He was one of the more creative players we have had in the last three games anyway.

I went for Gypo Brien. I thought his work rate was great tonight. In the second half when he picked up Coach's header on the touchline, turned his man (whilst practically on his arse) and ran half the length of the pitch (down the middle) before passing it on, I thought I was about to see a goal of the season contender.

I'm still delighted to have Craggs back in the team, I feel much more confident when he's there. Klimpl got caught out a few times but was in about everything, providing some much needed grit and Coach put in a good shift keeping Driver quiet.

Aye ok, but you did say he was pretty poor, but he was far from it in my opinion. Was it not a bit of play from him and Hughes that created the goal? I think he is getting better game by game and thought he was pretty decent tonight. He was one of the more creative players we have had in the last three games anyway.

He might have played a part in the goal, I can't really remember tbh, but that doesn't mean he was motm does it? I personally thought he had a poor game but did show signs of improvement. I'm still unconvinced by him but fair do's to him for having a real go at staking his claim for a place in the team. The standing ovation he received will also do wonders to his confidence(which lets be honest couldn't have got much lower than when he was playing almost no football at all at the start of the season) and as a result might see him improve as the games progress.

As I said though, once he improves his final ball then he'll be close to winning me over!

Guest JohnnyDefault

The polarised views of O' Brien are hilarious. I agree that his final ball isn't the best, although he stuck a couple across last night that were screaming out for someone to get on the end of (one in particular cut back from the byline in the first half that seemed to float agonisingly past 3 well players - not poor - just downright unlucky) - however - he ain't the only one that could brush up on their crossing. I didn't think he was MoM - but in absolutelty no way whatsoever was he 'poor'

I'm a big Lasley fan - but thought that he could possibly have been the poorest in C&A last night - a fair few tired & mis-placed passes / headers in midfield that gave them possession. Still a few thought he was great.

Like I've said many times - it appears there are guys that can do no wrong and guys that can do no right. Not convinced its got much to do with football tho.

Craigan for me - although once he brushes up on his misplaced clearances he'll win me over :lol:

I gave my vote to Clarky, thought he had a great game tonight and we generally play better when he's in the team.

As for Jim O'Brien, he's still not won me over, I thought he was pretty poor again tonight. Fair do's he runs himself into the ground but he needs to get stuck in a bit more(I admit he was a bit more aggressive tonight) and work on his final ball(dreadful!)

Amazing!!! :lol:

Klimpl for me, closely followed by Craggs. We looked really solid at the back last night and it is obvious how much we have missed Craigan at centre-back, Reynolds looks much more accomplished when he is being organised by Craigan. The Klump had a cracking game though and looks like a real find.

Attacking-wise, thought we were pretty poor, O'Brien was teh best player we had going forward, put in a lot of effort but loses teh ball too often and his end product is dreadful at times. If he keep up the work rate and can work on his delivery then he might even win me over. Clarky was non-existant, but was playing out-wide for a large part of the game. Porter was dominated by Berra, apart from the obvious. We are also crying out for a midfielder who will take a shot on goal, how many times did Lasley or Hughes get into position and not take a chance.

Overall, I thought Hearts were poor and we could have beaten them by more had we been more ruthless.

Klimpl for me and he just shades it from JOB.

Its no suprise that Hughes is beginning to look more of a threat - its due to Klimpl giving him space to work.

Also special mention to Craigan - since he has come back we look solid at the back for the first time this season.

Went for Klimpl but special mention for JOB as he embodied the spirit and attitude of the team last night. Those two have been like getting two new players over the last few games. The shape of the team has been so much better since the ITC game and the Accies match feels like a distant memory.

Whole back four and Buzz were solid as well, hard to pick one out but Craggs has obviously been working on his 'drop of the shoulder' while he was out. He's getting classier as the years go on. 250th game for the club, well done to him, a great pro.

My vote went to Steven craigan while i undersatnd the plaudits for JOB i believe it no coincidence Motherwell never conceded 3 times this season (1-0 at Easter Toad 0-0 Saturday and last night) and the Northern Ireland international has played in all.My fervent hope is that in years to come Mr Craigan occupies the managers office. :whistling:

O'Brien's energy was great and he showed signs of the player he can be. Thought he could have run past Lee Wallace a bit more often as he clearly had to pace to do it.

Klimpl makes a huge difference in the middle of the park and lets the others play. The contrast between him and Malcolm in that position is night and day.

That said, the defence won the game for us last night. I thought it was noticeable that Reynolds was more no nonsense and hoofed it out the park when he needed to. Also won a lot of headers he was never favourite for. Voted for him, but could just as easily have been Craigan.