Chris Porter

Gaag

Porter: Doesn't fancy Huddersfield

PORTER TURNS DOWN TERRIORS SWITCH

Motherwell striker Chris Porter has turned his back on a switch to League One side Huddersfield said to be worth £200,000.

Fir Park manager Mark McGhee accepted an offer from the English League One club while Hearts are reportedly looking to sign the former Oldham player on a pre-contract agreement.

But McGhee told the Scottish Daily Express that Porter, 25, is unlikely to be going anywhere until the summer.

He said: "I have spoken to Chris and as things stand he won't be going to Huddersfield.

"We have given Huddersfield permission to speak to Chris, but he has indicated that it isn't really a move he fancies.

"He came up to Motherwell to further his career and then to return to England at a higher level and he feels going to Huddersfield defeats that purpose.

"I think his agent will speak to Huddersfield out of courtesy and unless they make him an unbelievable offer, I think he's likely to stay at Motherwell until the end of the season."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic