Chris Porter

Gaag

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a 'glass half empty' kinda guy...don't you think this is him simply pacifying the fans until he knows what exactly is gonna happen, either way.....

Indeed. While I'm reasonably inclined to believe that Chris really doesn't know what he's going to do yet, anyone with more than a couple of brain cells (and no gripes with the club) isn't going to publicly say anything other than that at this stage anyway... and especially not within earshot of anyone who might be quoting him on the official website :evilgrin:

Even if big Ports leaves, he'l have nothing but good will from me. He gives 100% every week and you never hear him running his mouth off in the press. An absolute model professional and has been one of the best strikers ive ever seen at Fir Park.

Even if big Ports leaves, he'l have nothing but good will from me. He gives 100% every week and you never hear him running his mouth off in the press. An absolute model professional and has been one of the best strikers ive ever seen at Fir Park.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Porter has conducted himself well throughout his entire time here and IMO is different class. Would be over the moon were he to stay but if he goes, I will wish him well and look for his goals every week!

When have you ever heard a player linked with other clubs saying "I may sign an extension" actually do it? It's a rarity!

Yeah, I love this fan logic where if a player actually comes out and tells the truth that he's leaving he's public enemy number one, whereas if a player talks a lot of bullshit about maybe signing a new contract and not making his mind up yet (all the while getting their agent to bag a lucrative move behind the scenes) everyone loves them and they 'leave with the fans best wishes'.

:whistling:

I'd love the big man to sign a new contract but I can't see it. He can make a lot of money with a Bosman move in the summer and will probably do so, and if he does then he'll go with my best wishes and sincere thanks, especially if he rattles in some more goals and helps us to a good cup run and into the top six.

Model professional? :)

If anything there should be fewer players like him around, mercenaries.

I tell you exactly how it will go, Chris will not leave you in January because him and his agent would rather have any potential transfer fee go to themselves as a signing on fee in the summer than to yourselves....he won't do what's best for Motherwell, Chris Porter and his slimey agent will do what's best for Chris Porter and his slimey agent, that's a fact. In fact when we turned down 750k for him in the January it was because Porter told of how he "loved the club" and "didn't want to be sold" and that he'd "sign a new deal at the end of the season", obviously the plan was to always leave and get a big signing on fee for him and his agent.

I tell you exactly how it will go, Chris will not leave you in January because him and his agent would rather have any potential transfer fee go to themselves as a signing on fee in the summer than to yourselves....he won't do what's best for Motherwell, Chris Porter and his slimey agent will do what's best for Chris Porter and his slimey agent, that's a fact. In fact when we turned down 750k for him in the January it was because Porter told of how he "loved the club" and "didn't want to be sold" and that he'd "sign a new deal at the end of the season", obviously the plan was to always leave and get a big signing on fee for him and his agent.

Of course he's going to do whats best for himself!!! Get into the real world mate!

Maybe I'm looking too far into this, but the direct quotes from Porter on the main site don't actually say anywhere that he's considering staying, just that he's not gonna let the speculation affect him kinda thing. :)

All the same, he's been an amazing player for us over the past 1 and a half seasons and really has been different class. Good luck to him if he goes.

Get a grip of yourself mate!! So what if Chris Porter left you for nowt. He signed whatever deal he had at Oldham and it expired - THAT WAS THE DEAL! He ended up in a better league in a bigger shop window, he is seeing out his 2 year deal with us (THAT WAS THE DEAL) and will very likely move another step up to a decent Championship side.

Neither at us or Oldham has CP came out and asked to move away/spout piss to the press about leaving and end up in the huff and playing poorly - behaviour all to common these days!!

Not that the Oldham fans are still bitter...

I think you're right Neil. It's getting quite boring hearing the same stuff over and over from Oldham fans to the point that it does smack of bitterness. If Oldham took the decision not to accept a £750k then the fault lies squarely at the feet of those on the Oldham board at the time.

We were also told by Oldham fans that his knees or some such were fucked and he would constantly be on the treatment table. Never happened has it?

Whether Oldham like it or not Porter and Motherwell have been mutually beneficial for one another and each have fulfilled exactly what was agreed at the time of his signing.

He has provided us with goals aplenty, helped to us a 3rd place finish and European football. Motherwell have provided him with a bigger platform to exhibit his talents, a bigger wage packet and a commitment to help him reach the levels he ultimately aspires to play at.

Its been a fantastic deal for both. End of.

:( Well he must have learned his lesson because he hasn't gone through that routine with us. When he signed, he was quite up front about looking to progress his career and move on. He has been nothing but professional since the day he joined.

I'm guessing you have never changed jobs in your life, because that would be a wee bit mercenary too, no?

hohoho

smacks of hypocrisy this board, the same people calling us bitter are the same ones who whined about mccormack going on the cheap to baadiff instead of signing a new deal with "mighty" motherwell. apart from rangers and celtic spl is a tinpot league and the clubs in it would do well to cope in league one...i mean if players like will haining, dean holden, chris killen can cut in that league then it doesn't say very much at all does it!!! and the fact rangers were one of the clubs windass turned down, to sign for "a shitty league one club" hahaha oh when the blues!

ah well, as you were i'll leave you to it.

carry on

tra.

apart from rangers and celtic spl is a tinpot league and the clubs in it would do well to cope in league one...

I fancy we'd hose all over Oldham and every other team in League One quite easily.... :)

On the same criticism, if Ross McCormack and Jason Scotland can play and score regularly in the Championship, then it can't be all that world class (albeit, as my previous post on the old site will testify, I reckon Rossco is a quality player who is Premiership bound).

'Flow

hohoho

smacks of hypocrisy this board, the same people calling us bitter are the same ones who whined about mccormack going on the cheap to baadiff instead of signing a new deal with "mighty" motherwell. apart from rangers and celtic spl is a tinpot league and the clubs in it would do well to cope in league one...i mean if players like will haining, dean holden, chris killen can cut in that league then it doesn't say very much at all does it!!! and the fact rangers were one of the clubs windass turned down, to sign for "a shitty league one club" hahaha oh when the blues!

It was nothing to do with McCormack leaving for free, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. It was due to the fact that he spent a few months touting himself around first with a resultant dip in his form. McDonald going to Celtic was a similar complaint. Not that he left, but that he was touting himself around for months before he did.

And you think we care about Dean Lardass not signing for Rangers? I'm sure a fat old man will fit in very nicely in your setup :unsure: You must be frustrated today, what with your big game against Hartlepool postponed yesterday.

hohoho

ah well, as you were i'll leave you to it.

carry on

tra.

spl clubs would walk it down in league one its more like oldham would struggle to get out the first division up here.it doesny say much for oldham when you lost one of your best players to a club like st mirren.ports when he signed said he was wanting to play to come to the spl cause its a much higher standard than league one.we all know rangers are skint but there is no way they wouldve been after windass stop talkin pish

hohoho

smacks of hypocrisy this board, the same people calling us bitter are the same ones who whined about mccormack going on the cheap to baadiff instead of signing a new deal with "mighty" motherwell. apart from rangers and celtic spl is a tinpot league and the clubs in it would do well to cope in league one...

Who whined about McCormack?

Also, take a look at the Cardiff City messageboards, don't think you will find Motherwell fans on there STILL whinging that he left us after seeing out his contract :unsure: . So dry eyes and get over it.

Secondly Flow is spot on, Motherwell would jobby all over Oldham and any other pish your league serves up. This 'SPL' is pish patter you always hear is a get out argument as you are all jealous that wee teams like Motherwell can reach cup finals and play in Europe. Fact is, League one football is dire, I watch Harltepool and the football is elementary at best. Don't use inflated wages and crowds due to bigger populations as a yardstick because the football is disgusting and I can't believe thousands pay to watch it every week.

Finally, you have just been owned.

I think its quite funny that there has been so much shite written on these boards this season about Porters form, lack of goals and how we could do without him, etc etc then he scores a few goals and says he hasn't decided where he will be next season, and suddenly he's Jesus with just about every punter in this thread cracking one off to thoughts about him.

For what its worth, i've always thought he was a class apart (as a player) and i hope that we can find a way to keep him.

To be fair though - I've not seen or heard too much in the way of criticism of Ports on here or at games. Whilst even he would accept that along with his striking partners, we weren't getting enough earlier in the season the effort has always been there.

With Clarkson missing about six weeks through injury and suspension, we never saw the real Chris Porter. Much like Kris Boyd, Ports works much better with a workhorse beside him up top. Sutty is a big threat but isn't the type of player who will do all the donkey work required to get the very best from a player like Porter.

He's been an excellent signing for Motherwell, one of the best we've had in the last few years. Always works hard, has good link-up play and scores a lot of goals. 26 in 59 starts is a superb record for a club like Motherwell - a better goals to starts ratio than Scott McDonald whilst at Fir Park incidentally.

Not only that, he's a top lad who just wants to do the best for Motherwell whilst he's here. I for one would be very sad to see him go but wouldn't deny him the chance to better himself and play at a higher level.

'Flow