5 Years Today

likely_lad

i know it was a national final, delighted to get there etc, but it goes down as my most deflating day supporting Motherwell!!! To perform the way we did in a final against an average h*n team was horrendous!!

Also we had a squad of young h**s pissed in front of us who the polis wouldn't eject!!

terrible day!!

The biggest anti climax ever. On a high all day and the fantastic atmosphere at prior to kick off for the match to be over after 9 minutes.

Come on! We were back in it for a wee while when Partridge scored.

To be honest seems a lot longer than five years ago. One of the very few Motherwell matches where I left before the final whistle. I was absolutely raging!

Main memory is waiting on the train having changed at Newton with the hundreds of other 'Well fans and not one person saying a word. Argh!

What Semi against Celtic?

it was the semi when butcher was the manager and it was corrigans mistake near the end that allowed maloney to score.that was the worst feeling ive ever had after a well game totally heartbreaking we dominated that night

The Celtic semi final was much more heartbreaking as we had completely dominated the game and it was a cruel way to lose it in the way we did, especially for Kaiser.

The 2005 Final was a tremendous day out after a fantastic run from Greenock to Hampden. I'll never forget that as long as I live, especially the semi at Easter Road. The build up to the final and the day itself was great and seeing so many 'Well fans at Hampden outsinging the Rangers fans was a joy to behold.

Then the game started. And it was the biggest anti climax of the last ten years. We just didn't play atall and as soon as they went 1-0 up inside two minutes you knew that the game was over and the way we then predeced to allow a very average Rangers side to rip us apart was sickening. Especially as our manager had repeatedly told us all week that he feared a gubbing and that we really should be honoured to be on the same park as 'a team like Rangers'. :doh:

I liked Butcher, but comments like that and similar ones he made before just about any game against Rangers after that really infuriated me. What kind of talk is that from a MANAGER of a team contesting a national cup final? How must the players have felt having to listen to that from their boss before such a big game? Hardly inspiring talk!

I remember us all singing in a pub in Motherwell after them game. Five Rangers fans sitting glumly in the corner. They didn't enjoy their evening, after all, it was all they expected. We had the "sod it, lets enjoy ourself" atitude.

Altogether now - I'd rather be a loser than a h*n!

Still the game was a sore one.

Left at half time. :doh: . I honestly thought Rangers were gonna pump us 7 or 8 at least biggest anti climax ever. Most enjoyable moment was all the buses passing the San Giro on the way and Smeltic fans waving good luck...A few bare arses oot the window later.... :D .

Canny believe folk saying they left. Mental. Had a cracking day out.

Totally with the Celtic semi final chat though, I couldn't speak on the way home, I was so angry.

Was totally gutted too. Marshall set the scene for a horrible performance, although at 2 - 1 we were very much still in it. I agree that the semi against Celtic was more disappointing - that was a game we should have won easily in the 90 mins.

Oh well, these experiences will make our next trophy even more memorable.

Canny believe folk saying they left. Mental. Had a cracking day out.

My thoughts exactly. You don't get to see the Mighty at Hampden often so we made the most of it. Don't remember it much but we got more cargo for the bus home and spent the rest of the night singing Motherwell songs in the Waverley in Wishy. Great day out!