Although No Game

DEWELL

Have to say i enjoyed watchin Hibs getting humped and Dundee Utd squandering a 2 goal lead against the sheep and i was sitting out ma back door (1st time this year) in the sunshine with a can of Guinness. So all in all not a bad day and really looking forward to next week at Tannadice. Here's hoping we take a good support and hopefully with our players having time off and them in a midweek replay we can get a result. :D . We're right in the mix now for 3rd spot and should make for a cracking end of season run in. :doh: .

+1

Couple of really decent results today. And I just realised today that Hibs and United's game in hand is against each other :doh:

Also, United have a history of bottling it and Hibs are in a bad way. We on the other hand are on a brilliant bit of form that doesnt look like ending anytime soon :D

Plus, the likelihood of it being a case of top 5 into Europe is now quite high; good time to be a well fan :D

Had United on my coupon and as Dundee we're the only other team to do me I was happy with the result and of course the Sheep vs Jambos aswell.If we can win the next two game I relly think fourth place is our and maybe even 3rd if we keep the good run going.Infact what about second place? :doh:

Jeeso have faith...There's NO WAY Hearts are catching us this season. The WORST case scenario for us is 5th. Lets get positive.... :D

They are only eight behind and we should be back at Tynecastle after the split. Our record there is not brilliant so that is potentially only five. So NO WAY Hearts are catching us this season is to me blinkered. So aye I think I would have been happier with Hibs getting something today. I know we want to finish as high as we can but finishing in the European places is everything now and Hearts are the only team through the SPL who may stop us.

Had United on my coupon and as Dundee we're the only other team to do me I was happy with the result and of course the Sheep vs Jambos aswell.If we can win the next two game I relly think fourth place is our and maybe even 3rd if we keep the good run going.Infact what about second place? :D

YOU ARE TO YOUNG FOR A COUPON!!!!!!!!!!!

They are only eight behind and we should be back at Tynecastle after the split. Our record there is not brilliant so that is potentially only five. So NO WAY Hearts are catching us this season is to me blinkered. So aye I think I would have been happier with Hibs getting something today. I know we want to finish as high as we can but finishing in the European places is everything now and Hearts are the only team through the SPL who may stop us.

OK - so say Hearts make the top 6, then surely that means we would be scheduled to play 3 away and 2 at home after the split, yet would that not mean us having to play 2 more away games than home games over the course of the season - not for the first time I might add :D

Something to do with the fact the SPL either expect Motherwell to make it or not - and usually they call it wrong every time!

They always work on the assumption that the same six make it as previous year. Which is as fair as they can be. Hearts may have to come back to us again, I know that. Point is they are the only team who could push us out the top five so I am wary about wanting them to win.

We will be due to have United and Shellic at home, and face away trips to Hibs and Gers. We should also be away to the Jambos to but we are due 3 home games after the split, so perhaps they'll have to come to us again, which would be excellent.

Totally agree with this post.

They always work on the assumption that the same six make it as previous year. Which is as fair as they can be. Hearts may have to come back to us again, I know that. Point is they are the only team who could push us out the top five so I am wary about wanting them to win.

I totally understand your point. However after the split Hearts have to play every team that we do. Can you see hearts picking up 9 points more after the split than us ? I don't think that will happen! I think 5th is already sewn up. Therefore we should be looking at teams above us and I honestly think the momentum is with us. I think Hibs have gone and they will keep shedding points. So for third place it is between us and Dundee United and I genuinely beleive we have the much better squad. You only have to look at our bench on a Saturday to see we have more than a few options.

Point is they are the only team who could push us out the top five so I am wary about wanting them to win.
St Johnstone have two games in hand over Hearts, and if they win them will go level on points with them and maybe go above on goal diffirence, so St Johnstone are still in the mix too, regardless of who their games in hand are against.

St Johnstone have two games in hand over Hearts, and if they win them will go level on points with them and maybe go above on goal diffirence, so St Johnstone are still in the mix too, regardless of who their games in hand are against.

They Play Falkirk at home on tuesday and Rangers at home again the following tuesday. Both tough games for very different reasons. If they get 3points from those two they will be doing remarkably well. Too many games in a short space of time as well. Rite them off.

Nothing settled yet. Still far too much football to be played before we can start to plan ahead. Hearts will believe they can catch us, and to be honest, until it's mathematically impossible, so will I!!

Yes I think Hearts can catch us. I just dont think St Johnstone can.

Thats the first objective secured for the season. With St Johnstone drawing this evening, we have mathematically secured a top 6 place. The most points St J can get now if they win all their next games before the split is 47 with us currently on 48.

Now to aim upwards!!!!!

PS. thats Hibs oot o the cup as well. They got beat 2-1 by Ross C.