End Of The Line For Canterbury?

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

Just opened my email for the morning, and got email from the clubshop offering BOGF on all of this seasons Canterbury gear. Appologies if I have missed this anywhere, but I assume that means we are only getting the one season from this?

Not having any weans, I'm not under great pressure when the new strips come out, but not great if you have a family of Well fans, and they all want the latest clobber!

Also, given the oppinions on here, we have the most liked away strip for many's a year (which I do have!), best since Shivute yella!! One season wonder then?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn’t surprise me as teams change their kit more than they change their underwear.

The problem with the modern kit is sponsorship. When sponsors logos started to appear on kit there was always a danger it would need to be replaced quicker than expected.

Sponsors/strip manufacturers money is a much needed source of income for any club, so I’m afraid there is nothing we can do.

Did you subscribe to the MFC newsletter?

Yes, I subscribe to the newsletter ( when was the last one?) but that is the club and at a push I accept they send me commercial news even though they should have allowed an opt out from further associated mailings

This mail is from MotherwellDirect/PSL

I quite specific about registering my email <_<

Yes, I subscribe to the newsletter ( when was the last one?) but that is the club and at a push I accept they send me commercial news even though they should have allowed an opt out from further associated mailings

This mail is from MotherwellDirect/PSL

I quite specific about registering my email <_>

Check the T&C's although there is an option to unsubscribe instantly.

To be honest, even at BOGOF I'm not tempted to buy anything. Got the home top when it came out, and it fell to bits after one wash. I still wear it without the sponsor as I originally thought it looked better but after a few more washes it has started to look like I've had it for years. I like the look of the away kit but not for a handful of wears. Bring back Bukta.

To be honest, even at BOGOF I'm not tempted to buy anything. Got the home top when it came out, and it fell to bits after one wash. I still wear it without the sponsor as I originally thought it looked better but after a few more washes it has started to look like I've had it for years. I like the look of the away kit but not for a handful of wears. Bring back Bukta.

+1

This years away top is by far my favourite kit of recent years, but even with BOGOF I'm not prepared to part with cash after the numerous reports of the quality, or lack of, I've read on here.

If only it was made of the same material as one of those Celtic tops that didnae need to washed twice in the same year, then that would be different.

Agreed with Frazzle and Kirky.

Bought my away top - the supposedly new and improved one in January. Handwashed and cool temperature washed 3 times and it's bobbled to hell.

Spend well over £50 on a top and printing, is it too much to ask for something a bit better than that? I bought a fleece for £6 out of Primark about ten years ago and it's in better condition and gets worn all the time <_<

Was so excited about getting this new top as it's cracking looking, but been let down by really really shoddy quality. I won't be buying any Canterbury stuff again until I know for sure that these problems have been sorted.

Am i the only one whos Home Motherwell top has had no problems? I did splash out ono the long sleave version.

I personally like the cantebury gear and Portsmouths home top is nice.

If i could have my choice i would go for Umbro classics or nike.

This seasons home and Away have been the best since the pony tops.

My home top has been washed plenty times and its still pretty much good as new. My only complaint would be that I initially wanted the away top but had to swap cos the collar was too small on the away top; ive not even got an overly large head or anything, did anyone else find this <_<

I had the same trouble with my home shirt but took it back for one of the newer ones (which now have the sponsor embedded rather than printed on) and haven't had a problem since.

Bukta were just as bad for quality though. I have a couple of Bukta shirts, as do some family members and they've all lost their colour and come out in weird greenish patches all over. A shame as the 07/08 home shirt is one of my favourites and now it's all patchy and messed up.

My home top has been washed plenty times and its still pretty much good as new. My only complaint would be that I initially wanted the away top but had to swap cos the collar was too small on the away top; ive not even got an overly large head or anything, did anyone else find this :wallbash:

Yup, had the same problem with the away top but went and exchanged it no bother, the collar is still a bit small but I can just about fit my head through it which is alot better than the first one.

I had the same trouble with my home shirt but took it back for one of the newer ones (which now have the sponsor embedded rather than printed on) and haven't had a problem since.

I have the new embedded one and the problem for me isn't the printing coming off, it's the bobbling. And I'm pretty sure I can't take it back since I have name and number printed on the back :wallbash:

My home top has been washed plenty times and its still pretty much good as new. My only complaint would be that I initially wanted the away top but had to swap cos the collar was too small on the away top; ive not even got an overly large head or anything, did anyone else find this :wallbash:

i went to school years ago and there was a lad like you with a big heed, we used to call him -

hoadie doadie big heed nae boadie !!!!

is this you? :(

Bukta were just as bad for quality though. I have a couple of Bukta shirts, as do some family members and they've all lost their colour and come out in weird greenish patches all over. A shame as the 07/08 home shirt is one of my favourites and now it's all patchy and messed up.

Can't agree with that. I bought a dozen or so Bukta bits and pieces from the Wellshop and never had any bother with any of them. Alright, the zip in my tracksuit top is now burst but I did wear to almost every game for ages and definitely got my moneys worth out of it.

In fact, I was so pleased with the standard of the Bukta stuff that the last two sets of FPC strips have been Bukta, and we've had no problems at all. In fact, we're yet to face a team who have had better looking strips than us in my opinion.

Canterbury, however, have been murder in my experience, despite the fanfare. The last game at Tannadice was embarrassing with the strips literally falling apart in front of us.