'Dear Supporter'

Guest JohnnyDefault

I went in to office had 3 season tickets and got tickets for 3 different games you dont need a letter just season ticket

I don't think anyone thinks you need the letter to get the tickets mate, I think it's more the fact that a lot of us just seem to have been forgotten about.

The letter would make you sick anyway.

Now, all of a sudden the Rangers game pricing was an 'experiment'. He doesn't go on to say it was an unsuccessful one :rolleyes:

Also no mention of the 'other experimental' schemes which have been pulled without even been given a go!! (The ultra-cheap £10 Adult/Child in the south to get crowds up AND the BOGOF kids entry/free ST holders pal scheme) What happened to these!? 'Experiment'? Don't think so BoilBag, you had them down as 'Categories' in the official site for Gods' sake!!

Unbelievable stuff!!!

I got mine, nothing received for the urchin - whose address is c/o mine, unless its purposely not being sent to Juvi season ticket holders?

There was one guy who was taking up the offer when I was in getting Accies ticket on Monday. He was two in front of me, was told to wait to the side until the individual dealing with that promotion became available. He was still standing waiting to have his request processed by the time the woman in front of me and I had been dealt with.

As an aside though it did make me smile when I asked for 2 tickets for Saturday's game to be asked who was it we were playing on Saturday.......

• 1 month later...

*BUMP*

Dear Supporter,

I am writing to update you on a number of matters relating to your club and how you can help us to move forward.

The club has been involved in a series of experimental ticket pricing initiatives to try to drive forward revenues and expand our supporter base. Scottish football at the moment is in a bit of a crisis as attendances continue to drift downwards. This is caused by the easy availability of matches on television as well as the high cost of attending live football, particularly in the current economic climate.

What concerns me is that fans, particularly young fans, get out of the habit of regularly attending matches. As far as our own supporters are concerned, we have been trying to encourage young people to come to matches and, to that end, have been distributing attractively priced tickets to the schools whereby if an adult attends, the child can come free. We believe this is vital for the long term health of the club to get youngsters behind their local team. This is no small task, particularly given the Old Firm's grip on the footballing fraternity.

To this end, I would ask you to play your part. We are offering every adult season ticket holder a free adult and a juvenile ticket for one match from a choice of matches in the coming months. We would ask you to give these tickets to friends or family to give them a taste of Fir Park in the hope that they might return and become more regular supporters. To redeem these tickets, choose your preferred match from the list below and call into the ticket office to collect your tickets using special voucher H. In order to control numbers and manage safety on match day we are unfortunately only able to offer these tickets via the ticket office and you must redeem in person. No phone or internet bookings available.

The choice of matches are:

• MFC v Inverness CT on 27 December 2008 — tickets must be collected on or before 22nd December
  • MFC v Falkirk on 24 January 2009 - tickets must be collected on or before 19th January
  • MFC v Hamilton Academical on 14 February - tickets must be collected on or before 9 February

For security purposes, in order that we can give final numbers to the police, bookings these free tickets will stop 5 days before the match in question. This will give us time to process the numbers. Strictly no ticket exchange will be allowed on the day of match.

We will try to locate your friends for your first choice match and wherever possible in the stand where you are a season ticket holder however please be aware that we require the flexibility to utilise available seats. Should that stand fill up, your friends will be accommodated comfortably in another part of the ground. This will be done on a first come first served basis so the earlier you book, the better chance your friends will have of sitting in the same stand as you.

As we approach Christmas, do remember that we have half season tickets available, perhaps as a gift, individual gift vouchers and a range of hospitality packages from children through to adults which might also make suitable Christmas presents.

There was some discussion and criticism of our decision to reduce the prices for the Rangers game. I would like to give you an insight into our thinking. This experiment came about by the fact that it was a Wednesday night game in November which was to be shown live on television. We have noticed an alarming drop in Old Firm attendances over the last coupleof years. We used to have pretty full crowds but now, on some occasions, we are lucky to get 8,000 at an Old Firm match. In addition, at Old Firm matches, there are very few concession tickets made available.

We decided to reduce prices for this match to see if we can boost attendances and if there was any latent demand that we could tap into. Old Firm matches are an important source of revenue to the club and we must continually monitor the situation and not assume that we have a captive market.

I hope that you have noticed the significant improvement in our website in the last few months. We have invested a considerable amount of money in improving this offering and, over the next month or two, I will be unveiling a new communication system to season ticket holders and we hope by doing this we will be able to keep you more up to date with what's happening at the club.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Kind regards.

John Boyle

SO.........................still not received any letter

Just a reminder since the club hasn't bothered to tell me and I dare say many others yet.

by the rule set above If you are a season ticket holder and haven't taken up the offer you should have contacted the club today at the latest, although I think this 5 day rule was relaxed the last time but some things do change eh Fatcalf :P

So get your vouchers out and utilise the free ticket offer otherwise the value of your season ticket offer will be poor in relation to PATG punters.

while we're at it seems the pricing experiment has changed a little :P prices for the Sellik (LEAGUE) game have been released:

Tickets for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture against Celtic on Sunday 22nd February are available from the Fir Park Ticket Office now, with admission prices as follows:

celticsmall.jpg

Adults South / Cooper / O'Donnell: £25 East: £20

Concessions South / Cooper / O'Donnell: £17 East: £15

Juveniles O'Donnell: £14 South / Cooper / East: £10

Family South / Cooper / O'Donnell: £32 East: £27

• Concessions are listed as Over 65's and students with valid matriculation.
  • Juveniles are listed as U16's
  • A Family Ticket will consist of one adult and one juvenile ticket.
  • There will be a limited amount of away tickets (South & Davie Cooper Stands) available to purchase from the Fir Park Ticket Office.
  • Tickets are on sale up until 1pm on Saturday 21st February - There will no sale of tickets on the day of the match itself. The Ticket Office will close at 1pm this Saturday (vs Hamilton Accies).
  • Phone Bookings are being accepted up until 4.30pm on Wednesday 18th February.
  • The Ticket Office will be open till 7pm on Thursday night (19th February 2009).
  • No Internet Bookings will be available for this match.

Its not been binned but has it? just modifed on a game by game basis

Celtic fans are getting half price childrens tickets when bought with an adult

did the Falkirk, Killie et al get any deals??

EDIT: but remember and get your freebie tickets for Accies if you haven't used season ticket voucher

Whether it was listening to the bank manager or listening to the fans that done it , well done Motherwell for changing it .

IMO when the likes of Aberdeen and Inverness fans ,who spend big money and do serious travelling following their local side and whos clubs wouldve been far more likely to reciprocate werent going to get in for £15, then it really was sickening that those two were.

Its not been binned but has it? just modifed on a game by game basis

Celtic fans are getting half price childrens tickets when bought with an adult

I think this may be a one off, can't imagine the club would welcome the PR they'd get from the green gruesomes and their meedja friends if they were to completely change their policy and charge them full whack after Rangers got the reduction, you know what they're like.

This will probably be the clubs way of getting from A to C going via B.