Pa Broon May Be Off

dinnae-punt-it

I heard today from someone who deals with a member of the board, that Craig Broon is off at the end of the season........aparently he is off to Norwich with Lambert going to Celtic. It is only a rumour, but it originates from high up inside the club, and I trust the source it came from. Shoot me down if you want, but I want him to stay, so really hope it is a load of pish!

Cannae find it now, but there was a recent BBC article where Lambert was quoted as saying he had no intention of coming back to Scottish football in the near future talking about the goldfish bowl mentality, lack of competition etc etc. Think he's happy at Norwich for now, he's certainly taking them in the right direction.

This has all the hallmarks of a blatent lie. If Craigie Broon leaves it will be for retirement.

I love how these "rumours" always originate from high up in the club. Where else would the originate from, the tea lady?

This has all the hallmarks of a blatent lie. If Craigie Broon leaves it will be for retirement.

I love how these "rumours" always originate from high up in the club. Where else would the originate from, the tea lady?

Fair enough, but I'm only telling what I heard. I truely hope it is rubbish, but it definately came from a Board Member and former Chairman!

"Someone high up in the club" = guy who changes the floodlights / guy who cleans the South Stand roof! ;)

Read my last post, not the groundsman......the ex-chairman and current board member!

You can get your knickers untwisted now - it was a post in jest hence the wee funny face - get it! ;)

If your gonny give out clues as to who it is then why not say who it is in your first post to give your post a wee bit of extra credit otherwise you'll get the same reaction you got here - either that or give us a big game of hangman till we correctly guess who it is. I'll have a P please Bob! ;)

You can get your knickers untwisted now - it was a post in jest hence the wee funny face - get it! ;)

If your gonny give out clues as to who it is then why not say who it is in your first post to give your post a wee bit of extra credit otherwise you'll get the same reaction you got here - either that or give us a big game of hangman till we correctly guess who it is. I'll have a P please Bob! ;)

I haven't said the name as it there is a chance it isn't true! You have to watch what you say! :P

I know Lambert said that as I read the article myself. The Norwich bit I can't believe myself, but apparently the club thought Broon only wanted £800 a week, but instead wanted £800k a year. It sounds crazy.........but it came from one of the board members!

So according to your source Craig Brown wants £15,000 a week? You're right it does sound crazy.

Just telling what I heard......

I think you must have tatties in your ears.....

I can see the conversation now.......I want £800k a year to manage Motherwell.....no problem Craig we will give you the £800 a week you are asking for ;)

Craig Brown would KNOW Motherwell could never afford £800k PA, so that much is bollox. He may well leave Motherwell, but I suspect as do most that he will (hopefully) stay for a couple more seasons as a swansong before retiring for good. Why at nearly 70 would he want to head back down south.

I know Lambert said that as I read the article myself. The Norwich bit I can't believe myself, but apparently the club thought Broon only wanted £800 a week, but instead wanted £800k a year. It sounds crazy.........but it came from one of the board members!

800k-a-year? Get to fuck, he's never earned that in any job that he has done before. Your source is pulling your wire.

If it is Bill Dickie, out of sheer interest, what is the fans opinion of him? I had a run in with him once. Without running into particular detail I was angry at a club usual ticketing f$£K up. He treated me with utter distain and thought it was disgraceful customer service as a fan.

Sorry slightly off topic of this rubbish rumour :-)

If it is Bill Dickie, out of sheer interest, what is the fans opinion of him? I had a run in with him once. Without running into particular detail I was angry at a club usual ticketing f$£K up. He treated me with utter distain and thought it was disgraceful customer service as a fan. I was with the team to Bucharest and he swanned about like the owner. Twat in my opinion but I would be interested on why I should change my opinion.

Have never met the man, but to be honest, in any company, the chairman and the board are rarely the best people to be letting near the paying punters, especially ones with gripes. They're usually successful business folks who Haven't Got To Where They Are Today by worrying too much about touchy-feely customer service skills.