Motherwell Fc Player Of The Year Event

Crazy Diamond

Player of the Year, Saturday 10th April, 2010.

The MFC annual Player of the Year Event is set to take place this Saturday in the Centenary Suite at Fir Park. The Supporters Associations have been running this event for decades and have plenty of contenders for the Player and Young Player of the Year gongs this season. As well as an opportunity to meet the prize winners, a terrific buffet will be served and the Club will present their own awards. Tickets, priced at just £15 are available from the Ticket Office, from Jim Frame (Central Branch - 01698 299650, Ann Sim (Wishaw Branch - 01698 470601), Brian Worton (Bellshill Branch - 01698 747644) or Brian Crawford (East Kilbride - 01355 237367).

Alternatively, contact Diane on 01698 338008.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the Juke bangs in ten goals in our last six games to take us to Europe, while Ruddy either sits out injured or keeps up the form of his last game and a half then the goalie should get it?

The date was one of the reasons the Trust didn't want to be involved.

be realistic ya fudnugget. Ill give you verything i own if that happens.

The OP says there are plenty of candidates... then surely it would be best to wait till the end of the season, as lets be honest we don't know what will happen from now till the end. Also, I agree with Cambo with his choice of Player of the Year tbh...

Not saying I expect it, but it could happen. It's not that unrealistic really. Ruddy went off injured in the last game and had a stinker the game before that. While I'm not saying he's rubbish, I certainly don't think he's got POTY wrapped up with half a dozen games to go.

Was the one 2 years ago not after the Aberdeen game when we qualified for Europe?

Not only is it a poor choice of date the notice period means I wont be able to make it which disappoints me greatly. It's such as shame it seems to have been arranged in haste.

Agree with netherton here. Brazilian announced it on here on Sunday night but even then 6 days notice isn't enough for something like this. Sadly, I doubt I will be able to make it.

Ruddy and Hateley for me as well. Both I suppose could lift either award.

Ruddy and Hateley are the two candidates and I'd go for Tam Hateley.

Funnily enough he was absolutely rotten on Saturday but over the season he's been tremendous.

I honestly believe he will go on and play at the top level.

If we can get him under contract chances are it will be another nice little earner for the club.

Was the one 2 years ago not after the Aberdeen game when we qualified for Europe?

Not only is it a poor choice of date the notice period means I wont be able to make it which disappoints me greatly. It's such as shame it seems to have been arranged in haste.

The POTY dance 2 years ago was on the 5th April, the day we beat Celtic at Parkhead....

Aye, that's right.

Good idea to emalgimate the two nights - mutually beneficial I would say as the club doesn't seem to have the resources to run a succesful night, but can draw the punters, while the association are the other way round. Hope it goes well.

I'd very much hope that, given the club's involvement, we get many more players turning up on the night to meet the fans. In recent years the turnout of players has been disgraceful, with in most cases just the award winners showing face. This just isn't good enough, so I sincerely hope that changes this year.

Aye, that's right.

Good idea to emalgimate the two nights - mutually beneficial I would say as the club doesn't seem to have the resources to run a succesful night, but can draw the punters, while the association are the other way round. Hope it goes well.

Eh? I'd argue the club has better resources than the Supporters Association to run it as the club at least has full time staff which could deal with stuff.

I see some have said its been hastily arranged but I don't think this is the case as Polomint Dosser has pointed out - its always been arranged about this time. Folk have also complained about short notice period but I'm sure folk in the supporters association have known about it for a weeks now it just that the previous supporters associations have never had much publicity on here in the past.

Aye, but the clubs own staff are kept busy enough in general without having something like this thrust upon them as an additional responsibility. Remember the big night up at the Shawlands was organised by Davie Tonner and Jamie Glasgow who have both left the club and (to the best of my knowledge) have not been replaced. To add something like this onto the existing staff, who have already been stretched to cover things they shouldn't really be doing ('Flow = media officer - mopping up water in the stand, taking pies to hospitality, etc etc) would result in a half-arsed effort like the Sponsors Night last year and would ultimately lead to criticism. Hopefully the association guys can do a bit of the legwork and use their own contacts to make the night a success, and the club can advertise it, sell tickets for it and make the players turn up so everyone is playing to their strengths to maximise the success of the night.

The Trust were going to do this but it never really took off, but it doesn't matter whether it's the Trust, the Association or the SAC who does it - the fact that it's happening is a positive, although I do think it is daft to have it so early.

I've always thought the timing of this event could be a bit better but its always been a decent night in the past and I hope its a success.

Don't kid yersel Fraz that the club couldn't organise it. If the Supporters Association can share jobs then why can't the club do likewise. As you said - knowing the club it would be given to one person who sort out who would be stressed out to the max yet it would still look half-arsed. The club often fail to take a step back when thinking about events. Whenever recommendations are made regarding simple match day stuff at Fir Park its always ignored.

Jamie Glasgow - was he the young guy who was responsible for the Open day a few years ago? I ask as the young guy who was supposed to be in charge of everything still had to ask me what was happening next even though he had the agenda in his head and I was only there to help <_< Once he found out I did the turnstyles he even questioned the attendance of the previous game and was convinced the club were deliberately giving a lower attendance figure than those who were in the ground. <_<

I'd very much hope that, given the club's involvement, we get many more players turning up on the night to meet the fans. In recent years the turnout of players has been disgraceful, with in most cases just the award winners showing face. This just isn't good enough, so I sincerely hope that changes this year.
the club have said there will be ten players there on saturday