Motherwell Fc Player Of The Year Event

Crazy Diamond

I've always thought the timing of this event could be a bit better but its always been a decent night in the past and I hope its a success.

Don't kid yersel Fraz that the club couldn't organise it. If the Supporters Association can share jobs then why can't the club do likewise. As you said - knowing the club it would be given to one person who sort out who would be stressed out to the max yet it would still look half-arsed. The club often fail to take a step back when thinking about events. Whenever recommendations are made regarding simple match day stuff at Fir Park its always ignored.

Jamie Glasgow - was he the young guy who was responsible for the Open day a few years ago? I ask as the young guy who was supposed to be in charge of everything still had to ask me what was happening next even though he had the agenda in his head and I was only there to help <_< Once he found out I did the turnstyles he even questioned the attendance of the previous game and was convinced the club were deliberately giving a lower attendance figure than those who were in the ground. <_<

Dunno what makes you think the club could organise it to be honest. Event management has never been the strong point of the staff in there and as I said, the staff that organised the best-ran event in years are no longer involved. I'm not having a go at the existing staff when I say that - just commenting on my experience of it.

I dunno if Jamie Glasgow is the guy you're talking about, but surely he can't be the only person you've heard saying that? Some folk have thought the gate numbers have been fiddled for years!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if Jamie Glasgow is the guy you're talking about, but surely he can't be the only person you've heard saying that? Some folk have thought the gate numbers have been fiddled for years!

He isn't the only person thats said it - its just that with him working for the club at the time he should've known better. Rather than fitba fans being shite at guessing the crowd - he nearly let out the secret that its all one big tax dodge and the club are sitting on the biggest pile of cash out. The Fir Park Prawn Sandwich brigade have kept it quiet that the use £20 notes to wipe their arse!

Aye, that's right.

Good idea to emalgimate the two nights - mutually beneficial I would say as the club doesn't seem to have the resources to run a succesful night, but can draw the punters, while the association are the other way round. Hope it goes well.

That's some way of spelling amalgamate!! <_<

He isn't the only person thats said it - its just that with him working for the club at the time he should've known better. Rather than fitba fans being shite at guessing the crowd - he nearly let out the secret that its all one big tax dodge and the club are sitting on the biggest pile of cash out. The Fir Park Prawn Sandwich brigade have kept it quiet that the use £20 notes to wipe their arse!

Just out of curiosity, how do they calculate the attendance?

Just out of curiosity, how do they calculate the attendance?

Numbers through the Turnstyle plus hospitality numbers. Theirs also a seperate counter inside the turnstyle which counts inside the police control room which is used as a check if a turnstyle clicker is broken.

So does that mean that they are relying on the turnstyle operator pressing a seperate button every time they let someone in? I know for a fact the clickers haven't worked for years.

I'm just playing devils advocate here, by the way.

When you push the turnstyle it adds 1 to the counter inside it. As I said their is a seperate counter which is linked to the police control room which fans can't see which registers how many are in the ground.

I see posts like this on here all the time. Sometimes when you push through you can't hear the clicking noise of the hydraulic which turns the turnstyle. This isn't the sound of the counter which registers how many are in.

I always disputed the attendance in the replay against Hearts a few years ago(the one rossco scored the penalty after the 2-2 draw at tynecastle). I think 6000 was the figure but it looked more like 8 or 9 thousand to me. Mind you I was pissed that night :P

But you try and convince your burd that 3 inches looks more like 9 :rolleyes:

The match attendances are accurate, I installed the ones in the South Stand and they are tested regularly

But you try and convince your burd that 3 inches looks more like 9 :D

The match attendances are accurate, I installed the ones in the South Stand and they are tested regularly

:lol: Touche but I don't need to convince her on anything. This smily might give you a hint on what I am talking about :P . The south stand figures are accurate I agree but what about the rest of the ground. Don't get me wrong I did say I was pissed but it did look alot more.

The East stand counters do not work, and haven't done for years. Not saying the attendances are wrong (I think they are but not too bothered about it!) but if anyone is telling me that the counter clicks whenever someone goes through a turnstyle at the East Stand, then that person is a liar!

The East stand counters do not work, and haven't done for years. Not saying the attendances are wrong (I think they are but not too bothered about it!) but if anyone is telling me that the counter clicks whenever someone goes through a turnstyle at the East Stand, then that person is a liar!

And how exactly would you know?

As I said they are checked independantly by a seperate counter which you can neither see nor hear.

Great to see the majority of the squad and management in attendance last night, it would be nice if that was the case every year.

Well done to all those involved in the organisation of the night too.