Post Split Fixtures

Iain7_mfc

Boss in work is a Hibee. He got a text the day saying they will be travelling to Fir Park for the third time this season. Always a good thing as it will hopefully mean we have an extra home game.

Now does anyone know when the fixtures will come out?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied and pasted from 'Business end of the season thread'

If things finish the way they are at the moment in the league and the fixtures are done the way that they are supposed to be done, we would take up Aberdeens final 5 fixtures and they would take on ours. That would see us at home to Rangers and Hibs and away for the other three. St Johnstone making the top 6 would throw a spanner in the works as they couldn't directly take on anybody elses fixtures.

The SPL will probably prove me wrong again :lol:

Giving us a 18H 20A season.

Hope that I'm wrong

Copied from today's Scotsman....

Hibs could face third away trip to Motherwell

By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS could face a third away trip of the season to Euro rivals Motherwell after the SPL split, it emerged today.

The Edinburgh club have already travelled to Fir Park twice, winning 3-1 in September but going down 1-0 in February after Liam Miller was sent off, a red card later rescinded.

But with the need to ensure all clubs end the season having played an equal number of the campaign's 38 matches home and away, it seems certain John Hughes' side will make another trip to Lanarkshire.

Hibs will have enjoyed 17 of their 33 games at home when the split comes into operation after the last round of fixtures, meaning it's most likely they'll only have two of their last five matches at Easter Road.

Should Hearts secure their place in the top six against Kilmarnock, a fourth Edinburgh derby of the season would take place at Easter Road with Rangers the other visitors.

Hughes' side would be left facing visits to Celtic Park and Tannadice with a third trip to Lanarkshire on the cards as Motherwell, who will have had only 16 home games, would be entitled to three post-split fixtures at Fir Park.

Although Hughes hasn't yet given up hope of overhauling Dundee United for third spot, the Tannadice outfit's eight-point lead appears unassailable, leaving Hibs and Motherwell to fight it out for fourth place. Although finishing fifth could earn a place in next season's Europa League should Celtic and Dundee United reach the Active Nation Scottish Cup final, at the moment only fourth spot carries that guarantee.

A philosophical Hughes said: "That's just the way it works out, another year it could be in our favour. I don't know when the fixtures come out but we are delighted to be in the top half. The table doesn't lie, it's what you do over the course of the season and I'm sure other clubs would love to be in the top six with us."

It'll be interesting to see when they schedule the Old Firm game. If Rangers win tonight, they'll be 13 points clear with just 18 left. However, should we win at Legoland next week, they'd take the title by winning the following night at Tannadice (again). Whilst I dislike somewhat hugely either winning the league, it'd be really funny to see the title disappear completely for them a second time thanks to us.

It'll be interesting to see when they schedule the Old Firm game. If Rangers win tonight, they'll be 13 points clear with just 18 left. However, should we win at Legoland next week, they'd take the title by winning the following night at Tannadice (again). Whilst I dislike somewhat hugely either winning the league, it'd be really funny to see the title disappear completely for them a second time thanks to us.

With the h**s likely to win the title in the next few weeks they will probably make the Old Firm game either first game after the split or 2nd last, I would think. This will avoid a title party at the tattie bowl.

If I was in charge I'd stick the game in the most possible week of them winning the title. However I would make sure Glasgow and surrounding areas are evacuated by non-OF fans and let the battle begin. Let the fuckers fight to extinction or at least turn back the clocks to the times that they love to sing about.

It's not going to work like that. We'll definitely be playing Dundee Utd and Celtic at Fir Park, and Rangers at Ibrox. It's the other two that are up for debate I think, but they'll probably make Hearts at Tynecastle and Hibs at Fir Park to keep it as competitive as possible.

Boss in work is a Hibee. He got a text the day saying they will be travelling to Fir Park for the third time this season. Always a good thing as it will hopefully mean we have an extra home game.

Now does anyone know when the fixtures will come out?

sunday after the st johnstone game.

I'm wondering if we'll only have 2 home games due to the state of the pitch

I hate the split away as I have to plan my days off months in advance and last year I only made 1 of the post split games ;)

The Sun this morning reports the fixtures will be released tonight if Hearts clinch a top six place against Killie, or tomorrow after the Aberdeen v Saint J game....

Looks like tonight. Would love to start off the fixtures with a home fixture against one of the Edinburgh mob.

Yeah wth Hearts winning looks like they'll release the fixtures ASAP

From the SPL:

Fixture publication plans

If the top six is finalised, it is our intention to publish the post-split fixtures following Saturday's matches. If it is not then we will issue the fixtures on Sunday.

This will be done following the Scottish Cup semi-final between Dundee United and Raith Rovers, which has a 3pm kick-off.

A reminder that the post-split dates are April 17, 24, May 1, 5, 8/9.

Looking further ahead, fixtures for Season 2010/11, which begins on Saturday August 14, will be published on Thursday June 17.

Yeah wth Hearts winning looks like they'll release the fixtures ASAP

From the SPL:

Surely those fixture dates aren't set in stone. I'd imagine SKY/ESPN will no doubt ask for a Saturday fixture to be moved to a Sunday if they like the look of it.

We could certainly avoid going to Ibrox when they still need points to win the league.

Also could do with Hearts later on whilst we have hopefully built up a bigger gap if at all possible. Rather go to Tynecastle if we are 6 points ahead with two games to go for example.

Hopefully we will getthe 3 home games and 2 away.