Inverurie Locos's

Gaag

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnnyDefault
Ross County? That's over 100 miles away from Inverurie!

Peterheads ground isn't really all that much better either, and their pitch protection won't be any better than inverurie.

I'd be very much against forcing Inverurie to play their game elsewhere, as it's there prerogative, regardless of what level of football they play at.

But i see where you're coming from

Apologies for the geographical miscalculation <_<:evilgrin:

Mind me to put I'm not saying that Loco's should switch it in the slightest in bigger font the next time tho!

Could they have not said try Sunday as the weather is improving? Sure we could've waited 24 hours more and the chances of getting the game on, still with a capacity crowd, would've been better.

:evilgrin:<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile3.gif" alt=":)">

any idea why the game wasnt rescheduled for this Wednesday? Have you got a midweek game again?

I don't know why they chose a date so far ahead but I know it was agreed when the tie was confirmed. I can't remember if I read it on the 'Well or Locos website but it was certainly listed somewhere that if there was a postponement or a replay it would be on the 21st. I stuck in for 2 days flexi to be on the safe side after reading it.

:evilgrin:<_<:)

any idea why the game wasnt rescheduled for this Wednesday? Have you got a midweek game again?

No idea mate, we don't have a game. There used to be some daft rule about rescheduling replays and the police insisting on a weeks notice or some such drivel. Don't know if that still applies or not. Total pisser for me as well, I could maybe have wangled getting there this week but the 21st is impossible. :)

Saw this in the P&J. Surely tongue-in-cheek from the local bookes....!

Cup fever grips as town turns red and black

Temperatures may be hovering around freezing, but excitement is reaching fever pitch in the Garioch as Inverurie Loco Works FC prepare for a weekend clash with big-name visitors Motherwell.

Businesses at Inverurie are flagging up support for the Highland League team by painting – or at least decorating – the Aberdeenshire town red and black.

No sooner had local traders taken down their festive displays than enthusiastic staff teamed up to create new window dressings in the Locos colours.

Traditional start-of-year sales signs have been substituted with a showcase of support for the side.

Saturday's Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round tie against SPL outfit Motherwell will see the Harlaw Road ground housing a capacity crowd of 2,500.

Yesterday, the town centre was already a sea of black and red.

Locos executive committee member Graeme Hay said: "The level of support in the town is fantastic.

"There are some 25 shop window displays throughout Inverurie. I am delighted. There is such a great atmosphere already.

"The whole town is buzzing. The team will give everything they have on Saturday. They know the whole town is behind them with a show like this."

Inverurie Business Association stalwart Allan Booth said: "The match is a sell-out. The club was formed in 1903, but this will be the biggest game the team has played in its history."

The television and electrical goods shop owner said the excitement and anticipation throughout the town was "absolutely tremendous".

He added: "I think it will be close, but the Locos will just win it. The home support on Saturday will be amazing. It's going to be a great match."

Mr Booth's West High Street business has a special Locos team display featuring a shirt signed by all the players.

The town-centre tribute is reflected in other windows around town.

Inverurie Business Association launched the town's shop windows' support, and will be awarding a prize – a pair of Locos season tickets – to the display selected as best.

Meanwhile, the local branch of bookmaker Ladbrokes is offering 2-1 odds against a Locos win.

Nothing wrong with a bit of local pride and wild optimism mate, sometimes that's all we've had ourselves!!

Seriously though, it will be even tougher for Locos in the re-arranged match as most of them wil have to work during the day prior to the 7.45pm kick off on the 21st.

Bielin'!! Was very much looking forward to the whole day out affair, no chance I'm sitting in and watching saturday kitchen or some total shite wi' her, so...

....I'm still goin'!! :D

Megabus (and carry oot) booked and paid for anyway and can't get a refund (i asked :whistling: ) so taking that to Aberdeen, and if Peterheid's game is still on going to that, if that's off it will be an all dayer, pints and coupons et al, in the granite city!!

:D

Bielin'!! Was very much looking forward to the whole day out affair, no chance I'm sitting in and watching saturday kitchen or some total shite wi' her, so...

....I'm still goin'!! :D

Megabus (and carry oot) booked and paid for anyway and can't get a refund (i asked :whistling: ) so taking that to Aberdeen, and if Peterheid's game is still on going to that, if that's off it will be an all dayer, pints and coupons et al, in the granite city!!

:D

i'll meet you for a pint if you fancy mate, i'll be in aberdeen from about 1 onwards

sheet sheet sheet .......... I thought BK was at the wynd up when he txt me the news this morning, almost drove into the Spey FFS.

The frost up north has been deep these last few weeks but I had got my hopes up the game would be on with the recent thaw. My cynical side asked why an am inspection ?

watch out for this being a repeat of the Brechin fiasco of the mid 80's. :whistling: