Gaag

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 th Jan 86 Motherwell (Kennedy) 1-1 Brechin City - 2648

11th Feb 86 Brechin City 1-1 (Reilly) Motherwell AET - 1056

12th Feb 86 Brechin City 0-2 (Doyle, Wright) Motherwell (at Tannadice) - 1156

These were the results. I recall we played the third match at Tannadichie. Fourth round we won 2-1 at Alloa before losing to Dundee United 0-1 at Fir Park in the Quarters. Strangely, there were 100 more folk at Tannadice than Glebe Park despite the game taking place the next evening!

From 'Well Again.....

In the Scottish Cup it took three attempts to see off Brechin in the Third round, with the replay and a second replay played on consecutive nights

No pens after the end of ET in them days?

Was the Arbroath 'fiasco' around ten years ago not even worse with regards to attempts to play it?

Remember the first game at Gayfield called off on account of a hurricane after we were 1-0 up (Townsley IIRC!, although I think the official scorer went down as W. Ind)

Then there were postponements before we eventually drew with them up there and brought it back to FP!!

Crazy stuff!

I realise i may get banned when I say i'm an Aberdeen fan but im from Inverurie and was looking forward to going the game :wacko: so hear me out first. And this will be my one and only post.

There was talk and enquires - I think- of the game being moved before it was confirmed as being played at Pittodrie but Stevie Innes, the locos chairman, decided that the game was going ahead at Harlaw Park.

The frost we've had up here hasnt been as bad as it has been recently but its still been nippy.

I think it was better that it was called off today than having an inspection tomorrow and it being called off when you guys were travelling up(see Aberdeen Killie last month for reason)

Just hope you guys will still bring up the full 500 allocation as I know you'll create some atmosphere while me and my mates try to create on Locos behalf

Guys just as well the game is off today. It is howling an absolute gale up here in Inverurie and we all know how poor conditions can be a great leveller. Having seen Locos play in the past I am quite sure their game plan in this wind would be to lump high balls up the park towards our defence with cavalry charge from their attack and midfield. Would not have been a pretty game to watch, but would have been a hell of a squeeky bum time!! :wacko:

Guys just as well the game is off today. It is howling an absolute gale up here in Inverurie and we all know how poor conditions can be a great leveller. Having seen Locos play in the past I am quite sure their game plan in this wind would be to lump high balls up the park towards our defence with cavalry charge from their attack and midfield. Would not have been a pretty game to watch, but would have been a hell of a squeeky bum time!! :evilgrin:

Get the baw oan the deck.

I'm quite into the idea of the 21st anyway. Probably be able to make that. Need to get some stepladders though so I can peer over the wall.

Read this on the BBC. May have been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see any explanation as to why we have to wait until a week on Wednesday.....

Scottish fixtures hit by weather

The Scottish Cup fourth-round ties between Forfar Athletic and Forres Mechanics and Brechin City and St Mirren have been postponed.

Both pitches failed Saturday morning inspections and the games will now be played on Tuesday, 13 January.

In the Third Division, Annan Athletic v Albion Rovers also fell victim to the freezing weather.

Following Friday's cancelation, Motherwell's cup visit to Inverurie will now be played on 21 January. Inverurie had borrowed frost covers from Aberdeen, but Harlow Park was deemed unplayable the day before the scheduled tie.

Guest mockchop

These were the results. I recall we played the third match at Tannadichie. Fourth round we won 2-1 at Alloa before losing to Dundee United 0-1 at Fir Park in the Quarters. Strangely, there were 100 more folk at Tannadice than Glebe Park despite the game taking place the next evening!

From 'Well Again.....

i always thought it was forbes that scored in the 90th min to take it to a replay?

was at the two away games and the second in the j frame rented car :evilgrin:

Read this on the BBC. May have been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see any explanation as to why we have to wait until a week on Wednesday.....

Absolutely. It would give us a slightly easier week after the United game and allow more leeway should there be further postponements. 20th or 21st doesn't make much sense to me.

Not sure where I read/heard it, but I had always thought if the game was postponed it was to be played on the 14th. Anyone else hear this? 21st does seem a bit strange, but I suppose there must be a reason.

The other called off games are being played on Tues 13th, when we are not playing utd. till sunday , aberdeen are away, and they haven't ot a first team game so can't see any good reason for the delay

Absolutely. It would give us a slightly easier week after the United game and allow more leeway should there be further postponements. 20th or 21st doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyone know yet why our re arranged tie is a week later than the others??

Obviously on Friday though, they didn't think it could be played. Think it was good to be called off on the Friday for the team and fans travelling up. How many angry folks would there be after travelling for a few hours to find out the game was off. A Saturday is a far better day for a cup day out right enough for people trying to get to the game and a shame for those that can't make it now. If, of course, it goes ahead on the 21st. <_<

Believe it or not - just back from Inverurie. Flight was already bought so decided to crack on with it anyway. Two blinding days in Oldmeldrum, including taking in the Peterhead v Queens Park game, meeting Alex Salmond, a Queens Park substitute that supports Motherwell and was in Nancy for the UEFA cup game, and a lovely burd dressed up as a policewoman in the local pub last night - apparently loves truncheon meat :lol: . Nuff said.

The ground in Oldmeldrum (about five miles from Inverurie) was rock solid at mid-day Saturday. I don't think the game could have been played. Blowing a gale too. Peterhead was baltic. Horizontal sleet. Nice to meet up with a couple of fellow 'Well fans at the social club. We're here, we're there, we're every............

Can't make the replay so Gaag is the lucky winner of one spare ticket.

Anyone know yet why our re arranged tie is a week later than the others??

I've emailed the SFA to ask them but I reckon Flow is our man to find this out and let us know

Update SFA official answer is "This is the date agreed by both clubs"

well worth finding out eh ? guess the club can answer the why its a week later than the other games question