Players Re-signing ?

yosemite sam

It's now 11 days since Stevie Hammell signed a new contract, and absolutely no news on anybody else putting pen to paper. Is anybody else getting a little twitchy about the lack of movement on the resigning of our first team players who will be out of contract soon? I know I am. Let's have some good news.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon signed young guys like McHugh,Saunders + Hutch,

there is still Ruddy,Hateley,Craigan,Lasley,Jennings,Coke,Lukas,JOB to re-sign / replace. Plus Reynolds is away this summer no matter what so thats one more!

Not too twitchy at mo, isnt it the case Brown was waiting to announce all signings in a batch but was forced to announce Hammell after a paper found out and was gonna break that news? In that case,hopefully 3 or 4 are signed and were maybe just waiting on 1 or 2 others.

By my reckoning for next season we have the following signed:

Hammell

Reynolds

Humphrey

Sutton

Fitzpatrick

Forbes

Hutchinson

McHugh

Saunders

Can't remember whether Fraser was a one or two year deal?

Fraser was a 2 year deal, Fitzy is out of contract this summer, as is Darren Smith. And Lawless,Quinn,Meechan,Innes + G.Smith have been signed + promoted from the youths

So really our signed squad for next season at the mo is -

Fraser,Hammell,Page,Hutch,Saunders,Humphrey,Forbes,Sutton,Murphy,McHugh,Meechan,

Lawless,Innes,G.Smith,Halsman,Archdeacon

jennings has already said tht he wants to extend his contract so that should be another 1

i can see fraser signin on as with ruddy leaving in teh summer its a great chance for him to become a regular in wee papi broons eyes .. we should just need to sign a no 2 keeper ...

xxxxx

In today's Express it says.....

CAPTAIN Stephen Craigan and Keith Lasley have agreed new two year contracts with Motherwell.

The experienced Fir Park pair were due to become free agents this summer but have agreed deals to 2012.

Young defender Steven Saunders has also been rewarded with another one-year extension while the club are also close to finalising a new two year deal with midfielder Steve Jennings.

The club are also hopeful of keeping Giles Coke, Tom Hateley and Jim O'Brien at Fir Park, although the latter is wanted by Aberdeen and English Championship side Barnsley.

The club are also in talks with Scotland under-21 striker Jamie Murphy who still has 18 months left.

Craig Brown wants all his top stars tied down to long-term deals so he can continue with his Fir Park revolution.Left back Stevie Hammell agreed a new two year deal earlier this month

Good stuff. Promising news about Craigan, Jennings, and Hateley as well. I think Crags will stay, never in doubt imo, but I would be over the moon if Jennings and Hateley stayed at Fir Park a bit longer.

If O'Brien gets even a sniff of the Championship he will be off like a shot. I think he will disappear down there right enough.

Would like to see Coke stay a wee bit longer as he has potential. Murphy as well but the lad seriously needs to bulk upover the summer if he is to be a first choice pick for us next season.

I thought Saunders signed a new long term deal in the summer.

Hopefully get more news in the next week or so.

Crags new one-year deal is reported on the official site now. Would be great if one or two more could be finalised before Sunday, what a boost that would be.

As much as i agree that it's great news that hammell, lasley and craigan have resigned they are also 3 players that werent exactly over any other clubs radar to tempt them away from fir park.

Give me o brien hately the juke or ruddy then thats a result these boys were always going to stay.

cmon brown make a difficult signing!!!!

I can see Jennings and Hateley signing but I'm not so sure about O'Brien. Hateley has had a fantastic season, as has Jennings, but definitely with Hateley we plucked him from obscurity so I can see him staying another season to let his stock rise. As much as I rate Jim O'Brien, I reckon if a big club came calling he'd be off in a shot, I definitely hope not, he is as creative as our players get and I think another season or two where he is would greatly benefit him! As with Coke, he is definitely a useful member of the squad but his form has been very erratic since about October.