Celtic V Mighty Well

Welldaft Mk1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Fraser to continue with his shut out run

Motherwell to run out 1 nil, Penalty for Forbes ( controversial to give the Sellik hordes another decision to add to their Referee dossier)

Decorator to publish photoaes of 3 dozen jubilant 'Well fans

oh and a couple of 'Wellboys to get chucked oot for holding up a Ross County picture

My first thoughts ahead of Tuesday's game were negative I must admit. Usually after a damaging defeat the bigots retaliate and win convincingly next time out. Whilst that is an obvious school of thought, the other question to answer is this:

Is this current Shellic team good enough, motivated enough and have enough heart to hammer us?

No.

If we go there with the right attitude and perform reasonably well I'd back us to take a point at least. That said, if they click and get on a roll it will be a tough night for us, it is never easy against them no matter what the situation is.

Team wise it looks like Ruddy will miss a few games, so Fraser has a chance to impress. Not sure if Lasley and Jutkiewitz will be available or not, so maybe Coke and Humphrey might get a start.

My prediction is 1-1, don't care who scores!

The Tims are bereft of leadership, real fans, guts, and the desire to play for the jersey and if Keane is negated are very much there for the taking. :lol:

If the players see/hear Lennon's comments I doubt they'll break sweat, while the few fans that turn up will be on their backs from the onset.

My nephew put 0-3 in the Predictor and I laughed ......... but he may not be too far off the mark, so I'll take a 1-1.

For all Celtic are total mince they do not often lose at home. We will do well to get a draw but we have done it once this season so we can go there with a bit of belief and all the pressure is on them. Just hope we put in a performance that brings back some of the belief because next week is the huge game.

I see we have only sold 29 tickets or so...........must be our unofficial boycott of all away games due to the SPL's handling of the post split fixtures....

Ironically beating Celtic may harm our chances of European qualification....if that allows DDee Utd to scrape 2nd place and mean that even if they win the cup ..the cup runners up get the Europa league spot and not the leagues 5th place team...

That said if we beat Celtic then we would hopefully go onto finish 4th.

We are effectively 5 points ahead of Hearts taking goal difference into account. If we avoid defeat at tynecastle and 1 at least 1 home game that should see us finish no lower than 5th.

Been to most away games this season but will be using my twenty odd quid for the pub rather than giving them the cash. How i will laugh at the attendance from the GFITW in one of their darkest hours.Will live with the comfort that my non attendance will bring this figure even lower. wonder what protest/ boycott/ meeting they'll be having this week :(

Been to most away games this season but will be using my twenty odd quid for the pub rather than giving them the cash. How i will laugh at the attendance from the GFITW in one of their darkest hours.Will live with the comfort that my non attendance will bring this figure even lower. wonder what protest/ boycott/ meeting they'll be having this week :(

Same here mate. Would rather give the money to Colin in JD's!

+1

Might as well go to the pub and get a skinful in me anyway, 'cos I reckon it'll end up 5-0 or 5-1 to them. Thus, I won't give a shit 'cos I'll be blootered :lol:

we've got a good chance as their two centre backs are murder and there centre of midfield has no battle. however not sure how we're gonna stop keane and he's been on fire at the tattiefield recently. expecting a high scoring game. probably 3-2 to the tims

Not forecast of doom related but giving this one a miss too and watching from home.

Had been quite set with the idea of going since it got re-scheduled but having seen the fixtures I'll save the cash for the post-split away games and just watch it on the telly.

Game wise anything we could get from it would be fantastic. Just please no drubbing that'll fuck up the goal difference.

given the dross the players have served up in the last couple of games, they owe us all a performance. Surely, they aint going to throw away the chance of european football, especially given the run we had previously. Fourth is there, but only if they want it! Get in about Celtic.

I'm not getting too concerned about a Celtic backlash as I don't think they have the heart, or the guts for that. However, I am concerned that we are in a slump, and we're up against probably the quickest and best forward in the league on a big park with lots of room to exploit. As a result, I expect us to crowd out the midfield and play one up front, with no real interest in getting the ball to him. That said, it could work, but we'd need to be lucky. The first twenty minutes could be crucial.