Celtic V Mighty Well

Welldaft Mk1

Can anyone explain to me what John Sutton was doing in midfield?

He's faster than Paterson was :lol: I think he's been solid at left mid for us.

Disappointed in Saunders for the second goal but our defence was a bit of a bombscare at times tonight, strangely only after we went 1-0 up. Can't fault the performance, created plenty of attacking play and if we took our chances could have had the game wrapped up at half time.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of doom and gloom around & while the manner of this defeat is annoying its Celtic ffs doesn't matter how badly they are playing chances are we are going 2 get beat at Parkhead. Like it or not Motherwell is one of the diddy teams and their whole purpose is to bring on young players for bigger teams to sign. Totally sucks but it's the nature of the beast and we are all still proud to support them anyway. We have punched above our weight in a season where we were just hoping to at least finish 11th. So let's enjoy the last few games and see where we end up even if we finish 6th its a damn sight better than being down the bottom fighting relegation.

He's faster than Paterson was :doh: I think he's been solid at left mid for us.

Disappointed in Saunders for the second goal but our defence was a bit of a bombscare at times tonight, strangely only after we went 1-0 up. Can't fault the performance, created plenty of attacking play and if we took our chances could have had the game wrapped up at half time.

Stepover was a lot faster - one of the quickest on our books over short distances I believe. Suts is as slow as a week in jail.

Motherwell are the AA of Scottish football. Whenever a team needs a result it's always us they're playing next and they always get said result.

What an embarrassment for one of the worst players in the league to score twice against us.

I don't think we are in any postion to demand taking points from Parkhead regardless how utterly pish Celtic are, but once again there is that horrible familiar feeling of a yet another missed opportunity.

I'd also rather that Craig Brown didn't suck Neil Lennons cock quiet so much. Lennon is the most reprehensible c**t that was ever shat into creation and to hear our manager bigging him up gets my goat a tad. Be diplomatic of course, but c'mon!?!?

Can't disagree with that. While we should never ever expect to go to Parkhead and take even a point at any time, the manner of last night's defeat made it so hard to take. Just like the two Rangers games at Fir Park when both times we were in a terrific opportunity to win it, firstly with the late penalty and secondly being 1-0 up until the 80th minute before a defensive slip gifts them a goal, last night against Celtic we play really well, take the lead and then shite ourselves and gift them two simple goals.

We should be sitting here with six points off Rangers whilst we only have one and four from Celtic while we only have one. As I said, had we been gubbed 5-0 last night it would have been easier to take.

And as for Craig Brown 'sucking Lennon's cock', well that's 'Oor Craigie' for ye! Ever since I can remember, back to his early days as Scotland manager, Brown has always spoken at great (and sometimes, sickeningly arse licking) lengths of how he has 'the utmost respect for [enter team/player's name]' and how he is 'good friends' with or 'how he holds them in the very highest of regards', no matter who he is talking about. I remember watching being interviewed before the Scotland v England game in Euro 96 and all he talked about was Terry Venables and England.

I'm afraid that, no matter how well he's done since he's been here, Wee Craigie is one of those guys who likes to see themselves as somd kind of ambassador for Scottish Football and therefore comments on just about every single issue going, a bit like a certain Mr McGhee does.

I thought we played well enough last night - disappointed that those Murphy / Sutton chances weren't buried (or were saved, whatever way you look at it).

Jenno, Fraser and Coke were the plusses for me.

I thought Hateley looked to be losing his footing for the entire 90 - bad stud choice maybe?

Only real gripe - like the Jambo's game at FP was it not? - I'm completely baffled why Brown lets The Duke stay on the park when he's quite clearly injured. He aggrevated his knock in the first 15 minutes and limped from then on in.

I thought we played well enough last night - disappointed that those Murphy / Sutton chances weren't buried (or were saved, whatever way you look at it).

Jenno, Fraser and Coke were the plusses for me.

I thought Hateley looked to be losing his footing for the entire 90 - bad stud choice maybe?

Only real gripe - like the Jambo's game at FP was it not? - I'm completely baffled why Brown lets The Duke stay on the park when he's quite clearly injured. He aggrevated his knock in the first 15 minutes and limped from then on in.

Totally agree. We need The Duke for the likes of Dundee United and Hearts and I just hope he has not aggravated his injury that will keep him out for these games.

I'm astonished at the negativity on here after last night.

Thought we played well and deserved at least a point out of the game.

We might think that Celtic are shite but lets be honest they still have much better players than us

Onwards and upwards to Saturday, crucial game.

Last time I was at San Giro, wee Dougie scored winner and had to keep hands in pocket as surrounded by the great unwashed.

Last night ,however,I felt sooooo safe as we near enough had 1to1 protection from police and stewards :P

Any hoo what a glorious minute that was. We were half way through " Lets all laugh at Celtic" when they scored.

At times I thought I was watching Barca ( for 30 second patches ) then we'd give the ball away ( usually Jo'B).

Thought Crags was immense and he can add Keane to the notches of world class forwards he has had in his pocket playing for NI eg Rooney, Torres? etc.

Yes we lost two soft defendable goals , and it has been well covered in previous posts but from where I was sitting no one was picking up Thomson and even after he had scored 2 he still remained unmarked in the box when he came up for set pieces!!!!! In my day if the centre half came up for corners ,the centre forward came back and marked him.

Another 'if only' night for the dossers but enjoyed my 'minute' and the team deserved their applause at the end for the effort they put in.

Onwards and upwards

In the light of a new day, I'm pretty pleased with the performance last night.

My only worry is for next season now. I can't see us continuing to rely on Craigan to marshall the defence, especially as Reynolds will almost certainly be away. I really like Hutchinson as he ticks all the boxes of a no-nonsense defender and appeared to be on the brink on an England U-21 call up (Have we ever had one of them?) and I think Saunders will be a great centre half as well, decent feet and ridiculously good at heading the ball. Neither have the experience of controlling a back four though and its something we really need, especially if we're going to stick with Fraser.

Coke did well, Jenno as always looked great, Sutton's workrate is ridiculous and as mentioned, Craigan's control of Keane was fantastic.

Fraser was shite at dealing with about half of the crosses. Having players running about like headless chickens at set-pieces is what cost us.

Saunders lost his man for the second and I think Jennings did for the first. That said, Stevie Hammell was supposed to be on the post.

Not so sure Jennings lost his man,its more the fact his man was 8 or 9 inches taller than him! The marking for both goals was poor but Fraser has to take a lot of the responsibility,esp for 2nd goal,schoolboy stuff that! And he was very lucky Saunders fluked a goal line clearance after that pathetic flap!

Was a good performance in parts,typical Motherwell tho, always happy to give a struggling team a win + when it matters,couldnt score in a bucket of fannies. Some great football in passages,worked great openings that should have led to 3 goals and Craigan had Keane in his pocket,but some players (JIM O`FUCKING BRIEN) think they are superstars and its not on! Every touch is a backheel,flick or stepover and 95% of his touches go to the opposition, your not Ronaldo,your Jim O`Brien start acting like it and youll be far better for it you sand dancing wee cock.

Going into the game last night, I feared a backlash from Celtic but it never materialised and we should have capitalised on their fragile confidence.

Thought we played some good stuff in spells and would have won if we had came close to matching the desire, determination and bottle that Ross County displayed on Saturday.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Changin...step.6228008.jp

Published Date: 15 April 2010

IT WAS the question on everyone's lips on Tuesday night: just how low was the crowd for the Celtic versus Motherwell match at Parkhead?

A couple of days on and it's still the question on everyone's lips because, apparently, Celtic don't know the answer. And if they don't know how many fans filed through their turnstiles to see the SPL match, then what hope have the rest of us got?

The big interest in the attendance figure, of course, is because the crowd was certainly the lowest to watch a league match at Celtic Park since the new ground was completed in 1999.

Many supporters opted to miss Celtic's 2-1 win in disgust at the weekend's Scottish Cup humiliation against Ross County, and it was clear from television pictures that the stadium looked less than half full.

Shortly after the Motherwell clash, the Press Association released match details which said that the attendance figure was 27,750, while BBC Scotland reported yesterday that the official attendance "was given as just over 21,000". But last night, the 'stats' section on the official Celtic website proclaimed: "ATTENDANCE: UNKNOWN".

So what happened, Celtic? If you had lost would the website read "SCORE: UNKNOWN"?

With part two coming up next week-end, I see Shellic have rescheduled their friendly with AZ for next Wednesday. Madness having a friendly inbetween league games, with a bit of luck we can take full advantage.