Sutton

StAndrew7

I would think it's because we have been struggling in front of goal and McGhees is just trying different people.

Murphy does a lot more running which is more useful when you're trying to hold on to a lead.

I agree he had a great start but fell away. I hope he re-captures that form again quickly.

Was thinking about this the other night at the match: why's he not getting a game, even as a sub? He was on fire when he signed, but hasn't scored since when, October?

I was a bit surprised to see Murphy come on for Porter rather than Sutton... any suggestions? :D

Probaly 'cos he's looked like a big cart horse since his great early form. Hopefully he can find that form again soon, otherwise I foresee a long spell on the sidelines (or until Porter leaves :whistling: ).

I think with Ports playing so well lately its been tough to justify a place for Sutty, especially as they can't seem to play well together.

That said, he's a great guy to have on the bench just in case.

From what I saw midweek we've adapted our tactics to make us a bit more solid, sort of a 4-1-3-1-1 with Klimpl and Clarkson on either side of the midfield and Porter upfront.

Sutton is the type of forward that needs a partner in my opinion, he's not suited to either the role Porter is currently playing or the one Clarkson fulfils. He's a 4-4-2 player, kind of like a Kris Boyd in that he's not adept at doing all the graft but will play off a partner and find spaces and chances and score goals. He was doing that earlier but then came our bad form and now a tactical change.

I think its pretty obvious McGhee has made the decision that we are not going to play in a cavalier fashion anymore and that it's probably going to be one up front from now on. At least until things stabilize and we move away from the bottom.

I think Sutton was brought in as a direct replacement for Porter. As other have said, the two don't play so well together.

If Porter does leave, then Clarky and Sutton should make a decent pairing.

Tbh I think we have a winner.

Sutton will get his chance, and I have no doubt he will take it well. Our strike force for the upcoming time will be Porter/Clarkson, but if Porter for some reason is unavailable it will be Sutton/Clarkson. As long as we are never to see a Sutton/Porter again I will be happy.

Got to say him not starting doesn't bother me, however he should have come on for Porter the other night. It was likely that we were going to have to defend a corner/free kick at some point and if my choice was Sutton or Murphy in the box its a total no brainer. The fact that Hearts were pish meant we got away with it.

Think it's hard to argue against Ports and Clarkson up front as the best option we have. Sutton is handy to come off the bench, but not better than they two and therefoer not worthy of a start I feel.

What's he done in the last 7/8 games to justify a place, be it a start or replacement? Nothing is the answer

To be fair to him he's only played 4 of the last 8 games and in those games the majority of the team did nothing. Sutton obviously isn't as good as Porter so if one has to be dropped it will be Sutton but I still think he has the ability to be a good player for us.

To be fair i think Sutton will be a good player for us but he's definately been off form recently and Porter has been doing well. I do feel that we're going to get a 200 grand bid for Ports on the last day of the "window" and he'll be offski as we'll need the money to help us strentghen elsewhere ie (centre half) if that is the case we'll need to hope Sutton can get back to form and quickly. :) .