Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

i was one of fraser's biggest critics and was quite uneasy when i heard about ruddys injury however i thought the big man played well tonight, great save to deny robbie keane, a top class premier league striker fs

You having a laugh. Torres, Rooney, Drogba, Tevez, Van Persie there what u call top class premier strikers. Robbie Keane doesn't even come into their bracket.

He's had his stint and he's now lost it

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool down mate. No offence intended by my remark.

The relevance of my comment is that Terry Butcher didn't rate him at Inverness. Now Jim Gannon, whatever his faults, is generally credited with having a good eye for a player, and being euphemistic, didn't rate him either. The only one who did seem to rate him was Mark McGhee, and he never actually managed him.

McGhee excepted, both of the other 2 bosses deemed him to be surplus to requirements. Not conclusive evidence I know but when 2 managers come to the same conclusion then it does make you think. Thats the relevance of my comment.

But Butcher did rate him as did McShovelface.

You having a laugh. Torres, Rooney, Drogba, Tevez, Van Persie there what u call top class premier strikers. Robbie Keane doesn't even come into their bracket.

He's had his stint and he's now lost it

yeh, he's only the 11th highest goalscorer in the history of the premier league, how stupid of me, he must be shit :blink:

That's how Ruddy has helped us get all those points against Celtic before.

Point well made :blink:

Michael Fraser is like the rest of the players we have. They play to win and on no account go out to lose or have a c**t of a game. I was there on tuesday and personally thought Jim O'Brien had one of those but no way do i think for one minute he meant to. Likewise Michael Fraser would have liked nothing more than a clean sheet and a great performance but it didn't happen and for all the flak he's getting on here is absolute bollocks.

We all know he's not the best keeper we've ever had but he's what we've got for the time being and as long as he's one of us he'll get the same backing as the rest of the guys in the squad from me.

To say Ruddy would have got us points on tuesday is like saying he'll always kick passbacks up the park to safety everytime :woop:

I never said he helped us get all the points against celtic, but I know for a fact ruddy would have commanded his box a lot better than fraser, and would have either went for the ball at the second or stayed on his line instead of running out and stopping in no mans land!

With one fully functioning leg.

Now that would have been impressive.

With one fully functioning leg.

Now that would have been impressive.

It's blatantly obvious that NealeMFC was comparing a fully fit John Ruddy with a fully fit Michael Fraser.

You've either totally missed the gist of the majority of posts on this thread or you're trying to be a smartarse and failing badly.

Take a day off wee man.

It's blatantly obvious that NealeMFC was comparing a fully fit John Ruddy with a fully fit Michael Fraser.

You've either totally missed the gist of the majority of posts on this thread or you're trying to be a smartarse and failing badly.

Take a day off wee man.

A fully match sharp Michael Fraser wouldn't have made those 'errors' either.

See what I did there.

Also, poor use of a double negative.

I think we have to be honest with ourselfs and admit our reserve keeper is utter tripe. With ruddy out the side i think its safe to say, keep your passport tucked away we wont be needing it :lol: .

I agree 100% - I remember being over in scotland and i seen the game where we drew 2-2 just before ICT got relegated. Wasn't to impressive then either. People say we are spoilt with John Ruddy in goals! I think people would feel spoilt again if we had woods or Kaven in nets rather than this clown.

I think we have to be honest with ourselfs and admit our reserve keeper is utter tripe. With ruddy out the side i think its safe to say, keep your passport tucked away we wont be needing it :lol: .

I think you have to be honest with yourself and admit that you are talking shite.

I am 100% confident that if we don't qualify for Europe it won't be because Michael Fraser is playing in goals. It's not Fraser's fault that his defence didn't mark Josh Thompson. Not once, but fucking twice. He made some great stops, he fucked up a cross or two and he had a generally solid game against Celtic. This gives me confidence that he is a more than adequate replacement for Ruddy.

Like I say, how anyone can blame Fraser for the defeat the other night when his defence failed to mark Josh Thompson (not once, but fucking twice!) is beyond me.

Few opinions from up in the highlands:

"cannot command his area for shite and never gives the ball to his fullbacks, even if they are in 50 yards of space and screaming at him for it"

"As has been said, he's a reasonable shot stopper, just can't do anything else really."

"His save against Celtic was absolutely fantastic, but he cant claim crosses and never, ever communicates with his defence. Enjoy"

My opinion is he's 1st Division level, on par with gingerite Craig Samson, but would love for St Mick to prove me and the majority wrong over the next five games.

I agree 100% - I remember being over in scotland and i seen the game where we drew 2-2 just before ICT got relegated. Wasn't to impressive then either. People say we are spoilt with John Ruddy in goals! I think people would feel spoilt again if we had woods or Kaven in nets rather than this clown.

No one is even gonna bother read that post with that writing.

I think you have to be honest with yourself and admit that you are talking shite.

I am 100% confident that if we don't qualify for Europe it won't be because Michael Fraser is playing in goals. It's not Fraser's fault that his defence didn't mark Josh Thompson. Not once, but fucking twice. He made some great stops, he fucked up a cross or two and he had a generally solid game against Celtic. This gives me confidence that he is a more than adequate replacement for Ruddy.

Like I say, how anyone can blame Fraser for the defeat the other night when his defence failed to mark Josh Thompson (not once, but fucking twice!) is beyond me.

+ 1