The Stadium

something else

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not, if the pitch is flatter it's not going to make the football brilliant.

i did say it was a contributing factor to the state the pitch is in, maybe if we had a flat pitch with grass on it the end product might be slightly better.

2 new stands (well 1 2/3rds really) either side of the park and some perspex sheeting on the South shootie in.

the slope and the hawf stand are two of the best features of our park

This is the best option in my opinion.

The South Stand could get a new see through perspex roof for the sun to shine on the park.

(What was Bill Dickie thinking about when he designed that stand?) :O

Phil O'Donnell stand costs a fortune to fireproof and maintain so, keep the brickwork on front entrance and roof. Take out all the woodwork and replace all the seating with steep,Tynecastle like seating. (comfy, padded seats for the Directors and VIP's of course).

We could have a couple of new lounges, Executive boxes and a television studio with a new gantry for cameras.

Extend the stand, (as originally intended but slightly smaller in keeping with 2/3 stand), then join on to the south and fill with seats, (could be filled by Old Firm fans rather than giving them both sides of the stand for games).

Because we will have this new steep seating with plenty of room there will be a slightly lower capacity for the POD Stand up to the new part.

Build the same on the East stand the same height as the Cooper, again, with the steep seating and joining onto the South also with an exit at the South Stand side corner for the bigot brothers games. (new capacity 14 - 15,000)

As the stands will be steeper the toilets and new pie stalls will be under the seating.

(Does anybody know how much all that work would cost)?

There will also be new caterers who will offer us everything from Steelmen burgers, Chapmans pies and a substance called Bovril that tastes like Bovril.

All at significantly lower prices than now.

How do we pay for this?

When I win the next quadruple Euro Millions Rollover. :notworthy:

I like to dream. :D

As was said above. Its not like the people moving in to ravenscraig have just arrived in scotland and are looking for a team to support. You can bet your bottom dollar they will already be Celtic and Rangers fans.

A few years back a was all for Ravenscraig. Now, not so much. I'm no property developer but I think its safe to say that what fir park is worth now isn't a patch on what it was worth circa 10 years ago.

If its more well fans you want then I believe they are there. But at this point in time there are many factors outwith the control of Motherwell football club that prevent these people from attending i.e. overall pricing of SPL football, kick off times, football on TV. A new stadium isn't going to make more people turn up.

Also I'm not keen on teaming up with NLC. We'd end up with rugby cricket and tiddlywinks games getting played on it every night of the week (and a pitch in a similar nick to what its in the now - well mibi no that bad but ye get what a mean)

Anyone know what in particular costs us this reported 5/6 figure sum every year for maintenance (is it the main stand, east stand??)

Apparently the main stand takes a lot of fireproofing, the south + cooper stands steel supports have to be painted cause they rusting to fuck + the east is a total shitehole so thatll be where the money goes.

And I know there are other factors,price being a serious hindrance! But I believe a new ground would help increase crowds, I personally know people who have been to games + sat in the main stand + refused to go back as the seat was an uncomfortable wooden plank + their back was killing them after an hour,why pay £25 for that priviledge? Same in the east, ok most of us on here would go no matter what, but what impression does that stand give a newcomer? pay near £20 to sit in a stand where you have poles in front of you,the sightlines are shit so you need to stand to see things down the other end of the pitch,the roof leaks on you + you often have to walk through pish on your way out, how can that attract new fans?

What's the fuss ? Beit at Fir Park, up the 'Craig, down the Strathy or at the bottom of the White Walk .................. we need a more modern (low maintenence) stadium, with a decent pitch, and facilities which will attract revenue sreams 7 days a week.

The 'Craig aint any further from FP than FP was from Roman Road.

My only concern about a new stadium is accesability. Ravenscraig might not technically be in the town but to my mind it is in the heart of the Motherwell area and in theory shoul be fine presuming we get the facilities we need and not completely done on the cheap so that in 15 year time it costing us a fortune to maintain.

That said if some form of redevelopment of FP was viable then great but hard to see it.

If I remember correctly the postal address for the steelworks was::

Ravenscraig Steelworks,

Motherwell.

as in New Stevenston,

Motherwell.

Craigneuk,

Motherwell.

Wishaw,

Motherwell, etc.etc

The sign for "Welcome to Motherwell" is situated at the railway bridge near the big roundabout at Flemington. That would suggest to me that Motherwell effectively begins at that point does it not?

RICK

I suppose it depends how you look at it.

EG. Shotts comes under Motherwell' s postcode.

Larkhall and Bothwell come under Motherwell's telephone code so I reckon we could move the sign and claim Ravenscraig. :cheers:

I know, think it's the official "border" if you like but Motherwell really extends as far as Craigneuk, up to Carfin, New Stevenson and to the Calder Bridge. Ravenscraig, to all itents, would surely come under Motherwell.

There is a lot of land at Leven Street but I think they might be putting houses up there.

The old Traction House had a planning application for houses a couple of years ago but obviously nothing has happened since then probably due to the recession.