Craggs Testimonial Game

fatcalf

No-one read The Express or have I missed it being posted. Mentions Sunderland have agreed to come up on 7th Aug as long as the pitch is sorted in time. Apparently we're relaying the whole thing and waiting on confirmation that it will be ready before finalising this game.

• Like 1

i heard someone say that about craggs testimonial on saturday. good news.

it's bad news though if we can't play any potential european games at fir park again, i would have thought two months between may the 5th and the start of july would be long enough to get it sorted but obviously not.

When this gets confirmed

we'll need to encourage the Norn Ireland boys to participate

I've met a few and they properly idolise Craggs for very good reason

:notworthy:

The Scottish NISC will be in attendance and there will be other NISC's that come over for the day from NI.

...Please tell me they have got more toliets in Jack Daniels these days :D

When this gets confirmed

we'll need to encourage the Norn Ireland boys to participate

I've met a few and they properly idolise Craggs for very good reason

Mentioned news of Crags testimonial to a Thistle fan in work who intimated barring a Thistle game the same day that he would also intend getting to Fir Park and would expect a few Thistle fans to do likewise. Despite being upset at the way he left he tells me Craigan remains very highly thought of amongst Thistle supporters.

• 3 weeks later...

Craggs gets NIron Captaincy........

Stephen Craigan to captain NI against Turkey and Chile

Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan will captain Northern Ireland on their two-match tour next week.

Craigan has been handed the armband because regular captain Aaron Hughes and vice-captain Maik Taylor will both miss the tour.

Northern Ireland will play Turkey in Connecticut in US on Wednesday before facing a trip to South America to face World Cup finalists Chile in Chillan.

Craigan, is set to win his 47th and 48th caps on the tour.

The 33-year-old centre-back recently signed a new one-year deal at Fir Park.

"Stephen is the most experienced player in the squad - he's an old campaigner," said Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington.

"So it is only right and proper he gets the armband. He has done really well for his club and is a great professional."

Craggs gets NIron Captaincy........

Stephen Craigan to captain NI against Turkey and Chile

Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan will captain Northern Ireland on their two-match tour next week.

Craigan has been handed the armband because regular captain Aaron Hughes and vice-captain Maik Taylor will both miss the tour.

Northern Ireland will play Turkey in Connecticut in US on Wednesday before facing a trip to South America to face World Cup finalists Chile in Chillan.

Craigan, is set to win his 47th and 48th caps on the tour.

The 33-year-old centre-back recently signed a new one-year deal at Fir Park.

"Stephen is the most experienced player in the squad - he's an old campaigner," said Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington.

"So it is only right and proper he gets the armband. He has done really well for his club and is a great professional."

Well done. Deserves it imo.

Mentioned news of Crags testimonial to a Thistle fan in work who intimated barring a Thistle game the same day that he would also intend getting to Fir Park and would expect a few Thistle fans to do likewise. Despite being upset at the way he left he tells me Craigan remains very highly thought of amongst Thistle supporters.

he certainly does! it was widely hoped that he was the name going to be announced as our new assistant manager/player, but then of course JG left and he started playing again. great lad, won't hear a bad word against him.