Craggs Testimonial Game

fatcalf

• 1 year later...

With the greatest of respect to thistle it's hardly the most inspiring of opposition. Would it not have been better to make the Leeds game his testimonial? Still, I'll be there anyway and hopefully it'll be a big turnout although I fear it will be as poorly attended as Dougie Arnotts was.

Tbf he has only played for two pro clubs, so it is a logical choice in that sense. Although if I am not mistaken didn't Thistle complain that we signed Crags and Burns from them while in administration.

Hopefully a decent price, and decent turn-out.

Poor opposition and poor timing. I imagine a very poor turnout for this and that is a shame as he deserves better. Still probably won't need the money to much, the telly and radio gigs look pretty set for him post playing days.

On holiday myself so will be missing it, imagine many others in same boat.

It's by no means a 'glamour fixture' but I enjoy a game against the Thistle and I hope they bring a decent number (for a testimonial game anyway) through for this one. It's no surprise we're playing them given that they are the only other senior professional club he's played for.

I'll certainly not be missing this one as Craigan, past it as he may well be, has been a great servant to the football club over many years and he deserves a good turnout from Motherwell fans for his testimonial match.

I'm a litte bemused not only with the choice of opposition although some good points raised earlier regarding plastic whistle, even more so that its a Wednesday night I'd have loved this to be on a Saturday to get more people along to it.

That havung said hope as many as possible go to this the big man deserves it.

Lets make sure we all spread the word. The guy deserves a good crowd. Its midweek in the summer holidays so they can do something to get the kids interested.

They could have a fun night in the cooper or something. Face Painting and all that carry on.

or maybe iv had a bit much. :doh:

Fair enough he has a connection to Partick but it would surely have made more sense to get a game against a higher profile team where there would actually be some interest in it.Aberdeen have Villareal for Mackie's test and we have Partick. :doh:

Also seems like a very last minute thing when it's being announced less than 3 weeks before the game.