Craggs Testimonial Game

fatcalf

Surely we could have got a better team than Thistle. Two Cup Semis and a top 6 finish, a decent EPL team might have fancied a go.

All in all what a waste of time and money that game will be..

No one is forcing you to go. The match is about Craigan, not some chance to see some club from whereever who's fans have no idea who Craigan is.

At least Thistle mean something to Craigan and his career as a footballer!

• Like 1

No one is forcing you to go. The match is about Craigan, not some chance to see some club from whereever who's fans have no idea who Craigan is.

At least Thistle mean something to Craigan and his career as a footballer!

Exactly.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a testimonial that would appear to be about more than just being a moneyspinner.

I'm sure he could have chosen a bigger side to play against than Thistle, but obviously chose them for a reason.

I know personally that if I had played for two clubs in my sixteen year career, I'd jump at the chance of having both of them, and their supporters, play a part in my testimonial.

A classy move by Craigan, and I'm sure it'll be a night to remember.

Fair play to Craigan. It says a lot about the man, choosing us as your opposition when he could have chased the big bucks. With regards to the people moaning about us being poor opposition, we could say the same if the roles were reversed and Craigan was still our player. But it's worth remembering that this isn't about Motherwell or Partick Thistle, it's about Steven Craigan. I'm sure we'll bring a decent enough crowd through, taking into account the fact that a lot of people are on holiday.

Competitive games between the clubs have usually been high scoring, so hopefully we'll get a decent game.

I suppose in the mirth about his numerous oggies there is a question about how this game is going to shape up.

I'm assuming that seeing as he's still playing - and arguably now playing for his place - it's going to be a serious friendly (if you can have such a thing) with no 45 minutes each team, scoring own goals for fun tomfoolery is it?

I suppose in the mirth about his numerous oggies there is a question about how this game is going to shape up.

I'm assuming that seeing as he's still playing - and arguably now playing for his place - it's going to be a serious friendly (if you can have such a thing) with no 45 minutes each team, scoring own goals for fun tomfoolery is it?

I'd imagine it'll be viewed as the next game in our pre-season schedule, and will be treated as such. We want to see our players continue to prepare for the start of the SPL season by playing well and beating Thistle. I don't expect that McCall will see it any differently.

Of course it is a chance to thank Crags for his great service for Motherwell, and I don't anticipate many thunderous challenges! However it will be a normal friendly match in every way.

Has there been any word on concessions for kids and so forth?

It's been confirmed as £5 for concessions (Under 16s and Over 60s). £10 for adults as previously posted by Finlay.

It's a shame the club didn't post the confirmed pricing up as "News" on the fishal site (or update FB or Twitter).

I hope that Craggs gets a good turnout despite the lack of PR the match has recieved.