Craggs Testimonial Game

fatcalf

It's a shame the club didn't post the confirmed pricing up as "News" on the fishal site (or update FB or Twitter).

I hope that Craggs gets a good turnout despite the lack of PR the match has recieved.

Aye, it seems as though there's been virtually no coverage of the game on the official site at all.

Good morning 'Well fans,

I hope you are all enjoying the summer and the return to pre-season.

I am just writing you a short message to plead for your support tomorrow night against Partick Thistle. Normally, pre-season friendly matches aren't the most attractive of prospects to your average fan.

However, tomorrow night, we pay tribute to a modern Motherwell legend in Stephen Craigan.

When you are a manager of any club, guys like Stephen are absolutely vital both on and off the pitch. You need natural leaders and in Craigan, you have that.

He's been a servant to Motherwell Football Club over 14 years and regardless of your opinions on him, one thing that absolutely no-one can question is his commitment, his desire and his effort every time he pulls on a jersey. I believe he is, by some distance, Motherwell's most capped player – an honour that deserves a fitting tribute in itself.

He deserves a good turnout tomorrow and I hope you can encourage as many people as possible to come along and give him a proper night.

Thanks again for your continued support,

All the best,

Stuart McCall

Is that not due to something like if the club are actively involved then some kind of tax comes into it? Thought I read that somewhere

thats what i thought too.......also the reason there is no hospitality?! is this not why the club cant arrange it, and why they now have testimonial commitees?

I'm not working right now and spent all my savings in Italy so I'm totally skint.

I'd like to go to the Leeds United game and then there is the first home match against Inverness.

To be honest I think perhaps the testimonial should have been on the Saturday, three matches in two weeks is a lot to ask the pay at the gate fan, even at the reduced prices, and if they are going to miss one out its probably going to be Crags testimonial unfortunately.

I'll probably still go though because I make an effort to go to testimonials and I'm looking forward to the new season and want to get back to games!

what is your favourite craggs moment? And when he finally retires what will your memory of him be?

1. His hand ball in the final.

2. Arguing with Novo at Ibrox implying he went down like he was shot.

3. His semi final goal.

4. opening the gate.

Not necessarily in that order

1. His hand ball in the final.

3. His semi final goal.

4. opening the gate.

Not necessarily in that order

memories of Craigan....

1. His semifinal goal/ celebration/ reaction at the final whistle

2. Opening the gate and getting a goal straight from the throw against killie.

3. trying again and getting told no By the ref.

This. Exactly this. Also, the number of folk you see him hunt down after a bad foul.

Will always remember one of Crags first every appearances for Motherwell cos I skipped off work to go to the game!

It was against Rangers at Fir Park, a midweek match, and although he was just a young, inexperienced player at the time and I fully expected Rangers to hump us, Crags was an absolute rock and the match finished 0-0.

I remember thinking "that kid has a future at Fir Park" and then McLeish released him! But I was right in the long run.