Jim O'Brien

Kylie

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, but like Wigan and Hull City before them have a great chance of making better inroads into the English leagues. League 1 has some very large clubs currently playing there so being midtable is not too shabby tbh. You think, Norwich, Leeds, Charlton, and Southampton have the right to call themselves big club

Mid table League One though. Must have a wee bit more ambition football wise than that.

Probably , if he lets his head get filled with battered shite thats said about him on here, Unfortunately for Jim if it is the case he has nowhere near the ability to fulfill his ambition :lol:

Are they not in serious financial shit, with Ince getting the boot? Doubt they could afford to sign him either, and even if they could, it'd be anything but an good move.

Probably , if he lets his head get filled with battered shite thats said about him on here, Unfortunately for Jim if it is the case he has nowhere near the ability to fulfill his ambition :lol:

Maybe someone with a bettermemory than me couldkeep me right but I don't recall him doing much for us since we beat Aberdeen 3-0.

Mulgrew and O'Brien on Robins radar.

Reds boss Mark Robins could be set for a double raid on the Scottish Premier League this summer with Aberdeen’s Charlie Mulgrew and Motherwell’s Jim O’Brien his targets. The pair, both out of contract this summer have played 72 games between them this campaign and both have appeared in the Europa League for their respective e clubs.

Left back/left winger Mulgrew, 24, started his career at Celtic but has enjoyed spells in England with Southend and Wolves. He joined the Dons in 2008 and has netted 10 goals in 80 appearances, including five in 39 this campaign. Right winger O’Brien, 22, also started his career with Celtic in 2005 but made just one appearance in three years at Celtic Park which was punctuated with loan spells at Dunfermline and Dundee United. He joined Motherwell in 2008 and has netted four times in 72 appearances.

The Reds will face competition for Mulgrew however with Newcastle, Cardiff and Huddersfield believed to be keen. Huddersfield actually offered him a pre-contract back in January but it was rebuffed.

Found this....

O'Brien switches back to Scotland

Thursday, 22 April 2010 07:46

Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien has confirmed he is switching his international allegiance back to Scotland from the Republic of Ireland.

The 22-year-old recently revealed he was considering the change and has now opted to make himself available to Craig Levein, who he played under while on loan at Dundee United two years ago.

Vale of Leven-born O'Brien, who played for Scotland Under-17 before representing Ireland at Under-19 and Under-21 level, told the Scottish Sun: "It's something I looked into and had a long think about.

'I have decided to make myself available for selection for Scotland in future. A chance came up to play for Ireland and I wanted to do that for my grandfather.

'But your situation changes and with Craig getting the job, I wanted to work with him again.'

O'Brien, who is out of contract at Fir Park this summer and has been linked with a move to Aberdeen and Rangers, added: 'I grew up watching Craig Brown take Scotland to the World Cup finals and if the chance comes along to win Scotland caps it would be great.'

Yup, thts why Ince agreed to resign at the end of the season. Struggling financially. Cant see Jim going to the franchise of english football.

Why not? You think he has any morals about who pays his wages and whether they can actually afford it or not? Pound to a Dollar he'll be off like a shot if they dangle a big enough carrott. Players don't care if it's a 'franchise' or the longest established club in football, they just want their wages.

Found this....

O'Brien switches back to Scotland

Thursday, 22 April 2010 07:46

Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien has confirmed he is switching his international allegiance back to Scotland from the Republic of Ireland.

The 22-year-old recently revealed he was considering the change and has now opted to make himself available to Craig Levein, who he played under while on loan at Dundee United two years ago.

Vale of Leven-born O'Brien, who played for Scotland Under-17 before representing Ireland at Under-19 and Under-21 level, told the Scottish Sun: "It's something I looked into and had a long think about.

have decided to make myself available for selection for Scotland in future. A chance came up to play for Ireland and I wanted to do that for my grandfather.

'But your situation changes and with Craig getting the job, I wanted to work with him again.'

O'Brien, who is out of contract at Fir Park this summer and has been linked with a move to Aberdeen and Rangers, added: 'I grew up watching Craig Brown take Scotland to the World Cup finals and if the chance comes along to win Scotland caps it would be great.'

FUCK HIM ! Don't care if he's a Well player or not,

if it's good enough for McGeady and McCarthy it's the same for him. :nod:

Rangers have been linked with a move for Jim in today's Sun.

According to Spew Keevins on Clyde 1, Tom Hateley is stalling on a new deal until the pitch is has been sorted. Doubt how much that is true because Keevins talks baws. :nod:

It's in todays Daily Record, regarding Hatley and his Da. If that's the case, he can go fuck him self. How dare he talk to the papers in a negative way about the pitch. It's bad enough as it is without the players getting into the slagging match. He should also know, that it will be reseaded in the summer, so nothing to worry about.... He plays one season and thinks he's good enough to make public demands !! I'd drop him, he'll end up turn coating us and go to rangers for free and the end of next season. Dick.

It's in todays Daily Record, regarding Hatley and his Da. If that's the case, he can go fuck him self. How dare he talk to the papers in a negative way about the pitch. It's bad enough as it is without the players getting into the slagging match. He should also know, that it will be reseaded in the summer, so nothing to worry about.... He plays one season and thinks he's good enough to make public demands !! I'd drop him, he'll end up turn coating us and go to rangers for free and the end of next season. Dick.

That fact it appeared in that rag, for me, means instant pinch of salt....

I'm with you Big Tache, he's a prick for playing for Eire in the 1st place :nod: .

Fucking hell...

So, we lambast any player who was born here but decides to play for Ireland, and if one (who happens to play for our club team!) decides that he's made a mistake and would rather play for Scotland it's a case of "fuck him!"?

<_>