Jim O'Brien

Kylie

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would any employee (not just Tom Hately), not be 100% correct in stalling on a new contract if their place of employment was a complete shambles, and absolutely affecting their ability to do their job (which I think even the most defensive of 'well fans now can't deny).

"Im willing to stay but only if im working in conditions where I can do my job, and comparable to where I can get work elsewhere." Fair play to the lad if it's true.

Re Hateley - I agree with Al B, the boy has bags of potential and his game has suffered on our bog. He signed a one year deal and if we can't get him on an extension then I think a fair few clubs will be snapping him up.

Re O'Brien - this argument is as old as the hills. I don't give a fuck where someone chooses to play for. I have never slated McGeady or McCarthur for their decsion as its up to them and the same goes for McLean and O'Brien.

This is Boyles last chance to get this right now. The pitch is going to cost him ST holders who refuse to part with £300 to see games on that park. PATG(home and away fans) who would rather do something else/go elsewhere than pay £20 to watch a game on the park. Now, potentially, we have players not prepared to sign unless sufficient guarantees are made over the pitch. I also think that these guarantees shouldn't be made only to players either. IMO, if the pitch shambles happens again by Christmas, ST holders should be entitled to have their money refunded by the club as they will be getting shafted for the 3rd season in a row. Perhaps while Mr Boyle is getting the pitch in order, perhaps he should be canvassing Cricket Clubs, Golf Courses, Bowling Clubs, other Football Clubs(Accies Groundsman has already told him to GTF by the way) to see if we can get suitably experienced, capable groundstaff who know how all equipment available to them should be used, that will be able to keep the park more than playable over the course of the season.

This is Boyles last chance to get this right now. The pitch is going to cost him ST holders who refuse to part with £300 to see games on that park. PATG(home and away fans) who would rather do something else/go elsewhere than pay £20 to watch a game on the park. Now, potentially, we have players not prepared to sign unless sufficient guarantees are made over the pitch. I also think that these guarantees shouldn't be made only to players either. IMO, if the pitch shambles happens again by Christmas, ST holders should be entitled to have their money refunded by the club as they will be getting shafted for the 3rd season in a row. Perhaps while Mr Boyle is getting the pitch in order, perhaps he should be canvassing Cricket Clubs, Golf Courses, Bowling Clubs, other Football Clubs(Accies Groundsman has already told him to GTF by the way) to see if we can get suitably experienced, capable groundstaff who know how all equipment available to them should be used, that will be able to keep the park more than playable over the course of the season.

I'm demanding a refund if I don't get a heated seat and someone to rattle to jewelley ......get a grip

Hately is stalling on a deal cause he's got a new agent called Trevor Steven who's fillin his head with grandure, if he goes, he goes, and Saunders has better potential at right back anyway;)

Agree wholeheartedly BB

Posted the following on the 'Players re-signing' thread a couple of minutes ago.

Tom's expressing what season ticket holders are also thinking.

There are varying levels of sympathy within the support for the club in our pitch plight. But we're getting to the straw that breaks the camel's back point - if you pardon the pun.

I understand we've had a bad winter but my own view is that we could have done the work the year before and benefitted from a milder winter in season 1 (hindsight and all that). But the scandal of the summer befor last has come home to roost big time.

+1

If Jim O'Brien is the calibre of player that the Old Firm is now going targeting then the standard of the Scottish game has fallen further than I ever imagined possible.

Does a lot of running around for little end product.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a sore face after the game on Sunday there, the way he was shouting and abusing his team mates, acting like the spoilt kid at school who brings the ball to play with and expects to get it every move forward.

Reminded me a little of Skippy the way he used to go on when things weren't going his way.

It's in todays Daily Record, regarding Hatley and his Da. If that's the case, he can go fuck him self. How dare he talk to the papers in a negative way about the pitch. It's bad enough as it is without the players getting into the slagging match. He should also know, that it will be reseaded in the summer, so nothing to worry about.... He plays one season and thinks he's good enough to make public demands !! I'd drop him, he'll end up turn coating us and go to rangers for free and the end of next season. Dick.

the pitch is a fuckin disgrace and hateley or any other players have the right to slag it off as there the ones that make there living playing on it.i dont see how a professional footballer asking for a decent surface to play on is asking for demands they shouldny be

Re O'Brien - this argument is as old as the hills. I don't give a fuck where someone chooses to play for. I have never slated McGeady or McCarthur for their decsion as its up to them and the same goes for McLean and O'Brien.

Who's arguing ? I did slate the aforementioned so hence my stance on O'Brien.

You say you didn't and have stated your point of view.

McCarthur is doing ok down south and McGeady can be a cracking player at times, same for O'Brien. Good luck to them but as far as me being Scottish and supporting Scotland

FUCK 'EM ! :P

Always was a bit of a twat was Bett........

‘Move to Aberdeen FC – or put your career at risk’

Pittodrie legend Bett’s warning to O’Brien

By Sean Wallace

Published: 23/04/2010

ABERDEEN FC target Jim O’Brien was today warned snubbing Pittodrie in favour of Rangers could derail his career.

Motherwell winger O’Brien is top of Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee’s wish list as he looks to rebuild his squad.

But McGhee’s plans could be thrown into chaos by league leaders Rangers who are also tracking the 22-year-old.

But Dons and Rangers legend Jim Bett insists O’Brien risks his career stalling if he moves to Govan.

'Move to Aberdeen FC – or put your career at risk'

Pittodrie legend Bett's warning to O'Brien

By Sean Wallace

Published: 23/04/2010

ABERDEEN FC target Jim O'Brien was today warned snubbing Pittodrie in favour of Rangers could derail his career.

Motherwell winger O'Brien is top of Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee's wish list as he looks to rebuild his squad.

But McGhee's plans could be thrown into chaos by league leaders Rangers who are also tracking the 22-year-old.

But Dons and Rangers legend Jim Bett insists O'Brien risks his career stalling if he moves to Govan.

Aye right! Love how we don't even figure in that. Although in saying that I am pretty certain he is away.

I'd say O'Brien's career would be more likely to flounder if he went to Aberdeen!!! I will be filled with mixed emotions of rage and bewilderment if he signs for the Sheep.

I'm resigned to losing O'Brien unfortunately and we will definately miss him in my opnion.

I'd say O'Brien's career would be more likely to flounder if he went to Aberdeen!!! I will be filled with mixed emotions of rage and bewilderment if he signs for the Sheep.

I'm resigned to losing O'Brien unfortunately and we will definately miss him in my opnion.

:P Eh? Another for the 'Jim O'Brien is Pele and Joe Cole on loan as replacement' botherers on here...

‘Move to Aberdeen FC – or put your career at risk’

If you ignore the sensationalist headline, which I'm sure Jim Bett never wrote or even said, he's not saying anything different from what we usually say ourselves when a young player is supposedly being tracked by the OF: go there if you want the money, go elsewhere if you want games.

:P Eh? Another for the 'Jim O'Brien is Pele and Joe Cole on loan as replacement' botherers on here...

:D

If O'Brien goes we'll miss him. Well, untill we put someone else who's a wee bit fast, loves a stepover, and can lose the ball on 4 out of 5 occasions. Then we'll ba jammin'.