Jim O'Brien

Kylie

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye we're struglging to hold onto him because he's pure mince so we are! :huh:

We didnt struggle to keep hold of him in January , in the past others who were out of contract in the summer went for sizeable fees in the January before.

Foran is one of them , O'brien isnt a 1/4 of the player Foran is and Foran isnt half the player some on here think O'brien is.

We didnt struggle to keep hold of him in January , in the past others who were out of contract in the summer went for sizeable fees in the January before.

Foran is one of them , O'brien isnt a 1/4 of the player Foran is and Foran isnt half the player some on here think O'brien is.

agreed

get big mabawza back

No way is he the best player in the team. The fastest and perhaps, at times, the most 'exciting' to watch but tries too many 'fancies' that usually result in the opposition gaining possession and going on the counter. He is cracking for going on runs, winning freekicks in dangerous positions, and getting the odd penalty but his crossing/shooting is poor at best. Four goals (two in the one game as well) in his Motherwell career to date is quite a poor return imo.

O'Brien is probably the best player we have in the team, i love how everyone turns against the players when they are linked with a move elsewhere. And who mentioned Foran in the same sentence as O'Brien? :huh:

Aye quite right mate , other clubs valued Foran , he's managed to cause problems and even score against first division sides at some point in the past two years when he's faced them and managed 20 odd goals in 90 odd appearances for us. So no real comparison to be made

Like i said , he's no great shakes but he brings something productive to the team. That makes him more use than OBrien.

OBrien has done no more for the team in his time than Darren Lee Smith has , why arent the lunatics shouting out the asylum windows for him to be snapped up by a Premiership club ?

Motherwell Football Club will collapse, fade into obscurity, wither away and die if we lose Jim O'Brien this summer in the eyes of some on here. I actually heard someone shout "well played J.O.B." from the East Stand last Sunday...J...O...B...what the fuck??!! Maybe J.O.B. will at least have the decency in him to release a charity single on our behalf if he is going to move onto bigger and better places like Pittordrie or similar.

O'Brien is the creative spark in the team, if a chance is going to be created, 9 times out of 10 he's has an involvement in the creation of the goal. Whether it be assist or winning a set peice of set play.

An exaggeration but O'Brien is an important player for us.

We all saw what happened when Ross McCormack left and wasn't replaced like for like.

Our record his season when O'Brien didn't start the match is Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 4.

Our goal average when O'Brien hasn't been on the field is 0.88 goals per game. Our goal average over the season is 1.22 goals per game.

We lose more matches and score less goals when O'Brien doesn't play.

An exaggeration but O'Brien is an important player for us.

We all saw what happened when Ross McCormack left and wasn't replaced like for like.

Our record his season when O'Brien didn't start the match is Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 4.

Our goal average when O'Brien hasn't been on the field is 0.88 goals per game. Our goal average over the season is 1.22 goals per game.

We lose more matches and score less goals when O'Brien doesn't play.

There will be other factors that will reflect in that statistic. I doubt that (especially the first part as that would imply the conceeding of goals) is solely down to JOB.

[/b]

There will be other factors that will reflect in that statistic. I doubt that (especially the first part as that would imply the conceeding of goals) is solely down to JOB.

Not really anything to do with JOB doing anything solely.

More that combination's involving O'Brien have worked considerably better than combination's without him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but have our last five goals not all come from Hateley's good crossing into the box which is more than 10% of our goals for the season I'd wager.

JOB is a good player when he is on his game. He had a good game yesterday, he had a shocker last Sunday. To be honest the hard working steady Eddies are more important to us than JOB - Hateley, Jennings, Hammell, Lasley. Aye I'd like to keep him but losing him would be far from the end of the world.

I'd personally like to thank Jim for a few great seasons in the claret and amber

And to the idiot in the East stand at the united game for giving him severe dogs abuse, wasn't his best game ever but the torrent received was well out of order ,Basically your a rocket!

I'd personally like to thank Jim for a few great seasons in the claret and amber

And to the idiot in the East stand at the united game for giving him severe dogs abuse, wasn't his best game ever but the torrent received was well out of order ,Basically your a rocket!

Motherwell has been good for JOB Andy and he's benefitted from a couple of managers (including JG who brought him on tons and the Facebook rant by JOB did him no favours) who have helped to sort out his temperament and his all round game (the defensive side and the decision making side). Still miles to go as a player - but when he goes he goes knowing that he's benefitted from his time here.

How do you work out that he's had a 'great few seasons'? He hardly kicked a ball under McGhoo and only started to show any sort of talent this season. He flatters to decieve the vast majority of the time, can't cross and can't shoot. As someone has already said, its far more important to keep the likes of Jennings and Hateley than O'Brien.

probably doesn't compare to the abuse he gives his own team mates when he isn't getting his own way. maybe if he cut out the moaning and petulance he would be as good as he thinks he is

probably doesn't compare to the abuse he gives his own team mates when he isn't getting his own way. maybe if he cut out the moaning and petulance he would be as good as he thinks he is

That was part of his game that McGhee managed to completely stamp out. It's slowly returned in the last few games though, someone mibbe need's to have a wee word in his lug.