Jim O'Brien

Kylie

He's under 23 so we and Celtic will recieve a development fee.

Unless that particular cross border loophole has changed... Chris Porter moved northwards with no fee involved, saying that, we received a token fee when Ross McCormack moved to Cadiff or was that a 'Risdale' move more than a 'Bosman'?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless that particular cross border loophole has changed... Chris Porter moved northwards with no fee involved, saying that, we received a token fee when Ross McCormack moved to Cadiff or was that a 'Risdale' move more than a 'Bosman'?

Pretty sure that loophole was closed straight after the Porter move to us. Stopping any future deals being dealt with like ours.

Pretty sure that loophole was closed straight after the Porter move to us. Stopping any future deals being dealt with like ours.

chris humphrey was signed with the same loophole me thinks

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team on sunday. Send him to Barnsley now.

Eh why?

Show me another 'Well player that will have the balls (and skill) to run at a Rangers defence at Ibrox. It may be his last ever game at Ibrox and seeing as we all know where Jim's 'allegiencies' lie in that regard he will be all over it!

Seriously, some people need to see the bigger picture when players WHO HAVE HONOURED their contract decide to leave.

Most creative/skillful midfielder BY A MILE and you don't want him to play in a game that could get us European football - and hundreds of thousands of pounds!!

:lol:

Yes and once Humphries learns how to cross a ball into the box hopefully he can be our winger for next season in place of O'Brian whom i wish all the best to at Barnsley.

O'Brien's crossing wisnae that clever if ye remember, room for improvement obviously but JIm was in a similar position not so long ago.

Good luck to him at Barnsley, not really fussed whether he stayed or left to be honest. I reckon he's far from the finished article still and not his biggest fan but he did a job :)

Maybe best button his lip down there though, might end up wi' a sair face if he shouts at his new team-mates when they don't give him the ball like he did here.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team on sunday. Send him to Barnsley now.

Why?Because he is doing what is best for himself?Jimbo have been a star player and I'm glad that i've had the pleasure of watching him in C&A.He will be always welcome at The 'Ark and hopefully this is not his last game with us in his promising career

Cheers Jim for your hard work over your spell :)

I know he splits the fans, but his commitment on Wednesday night was brilliant. When the 5th, or was it 6th Hibs goal went in he went fecking mental and spent the next five minutes trying to get us back into the game all on his todd.

Good luck Jim. Sending us on our way to Europe would be a nice parting gift! :)

Without wanting to get into the whole argument about the standard of SPL/Championship but in my opinion, which you may see as biased, the Championship has a higher level of competition than the SPL and boasts some very strong teams, 90% of the teams have better finances and facilities than a lot of SPL clubs so with a push in the right direction I can see us)Barnsley) helping his career at the same time he can help us achieve our goal of finishing midtable/nearer the play offs.

As I said, that is entirely my opinion and I hope it does not come across in anyway disrespectful.

Agree........average Barnsley home crowd....13,000

3x The Arc

3 x :lol: The wages ??????? :)

Edit

Our average attendnce = In betwwen Wycombe (17th) and Leyton Orient (18th) in Div 1 engerland............food for thought ?

Not sure what it has to do with O'Brien but here it is

Attend High 9,335 (v Rangers, 12/09/2009)

Attend Low 3,544 (v Dundee Unitd 18/04/2010)

Average 5,307 (only St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton have a lower average than us)

What is our average attendance highest attendance and lowest attendance anybody?

This season? Highest - 12th Sep 2009 v Rangers 9,355. Lowest - 18th Apr 2010 v Dundee United 3,544.

On O'Brien there can't be many players who have started so poorly at Motherwell and went on on to be such good and important players. Disappointed to see him go but if you are a Motherwell fan you just have to get used to it.

Can't believe some people are questioning his commitment - did you seen him on Wednesday?

Jim was always going to move on, for me he always gave 100% and he has become a better player since coming to Motherwell, better that he would have been if he had stayed in the training fields of the old scum.

I'm disappointed we won't get any money from him but glad he would be playing in Scotland to come back and haunt us.

all the best jim surprised he went to barnsley thought a bigger championship club would have signed him. From next season im not getting a name on my shirt as everytime i do the player ends up leaving ive had faddy,rossco,porter,skippy and now o brien maybe im jinxed :wacko: