Jim O'Brien

Kylie

all the best jim surprised he went to barnsley thought a bigger championship club would have signed him. From next season im not getting a name on my shirt as everytime i do the player ends up leaving ive had faddy,rossco,porter,skippy and now o brien maybe im jinxed :lol:

Can't you get Fitzpatrick on your back :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you get Fitzpatrick on your back :D

Can't you get trafficlight on your back?

Incidentally, on the subject of Fitzpatrick - I genuinely reckon if he'd played against Hibernian we wouldn't have conceeded six goals, because we were desperately missing someone in that defensive-minded position.

No because he is happy at Motherwell....I was being sarcastic because he was being slated and he hasn't played most of the season due to injury!!!...suppose some things will never change. :D

Ah, gotcha. Heard he had signed a new 'short term' contract on the radio the other week but nothing has been mentioned on the official site or even on here. Any truth to it? Saw him shopping in Asda Hamilton last week but he was with partner and child so not the time to chat :D Good to see him fully recovered from injury before the end of the season though. Thought he might have got a run out at Ibrox.

Ah, gotcha. Heard he had signed a new 'short term' contract on the radio the other week but nothing has been mentioned on the official site or even on here. Any truth to it? Saw him shopping in Asda Hamilton last week but he was with partner and child so not the time to chat :lol: Good to see him fully recovered from injury before the end of the season though. Thought he might have got a run out at Ibrox.

Forbes and Murphy will be desperate for Fitzpatrick to return to the first team. The East Stand is getting restless at not being able to take it's frustration out on a young scapegoat, and both Murphy and Forbes look next up in the queue.

Was surprised Fitzy didn't get the chance to help plug the gap in midfield the other night, maybe the boss just didn't see him as up to speed, or maybe he got it wrong like hooking O'Brien instead of Hately yesterday :ph34r:

Forbes and Murphy will be desperate for Fitzpatrick to return to the first team. The East Stand is getting restless at not being able to take it's frustration out on a young scapegoat, and both Murphy and Forbes look next up in the queue.

on that note at 4-2 5-2 and 6-2 down the other night boy beside me in the East was screaming at Murphy for being an imposter/worst player on the park/ and quite a few other expletive filled rants

now I know Jamie didn't have his best game, but ther was players all around him on the night that were having their worst game of the season but it was Jamie that was gettin it tight ;)

there was no talking to him, tried all the common sense approaches, young player, gie him a bit support etc but I guess its just in some peoples DNA to vent anger at young boys :lol:

PS some random on the subway dont think I said who :doh:

Ah, gotcha. Heard he had signed a new 'short term' contract on the radio the other week but nothing has been mentioned on the official site or even on here. Any truth to it? Saw him shopping in Asda Hamilton last week but he was with partner and child so not the time to chat :lol: Good to see him fully recovered from injury before the end of the season though. Thought he might have got a run out at Ibrox.

You should have spoken to him in asda he wouldn't have minded! Don't think the gaffer thought he was match fit but would maybe have given him a run out if the games hadn't been as important to us and if the scores had been better with 20mins or so to go.

As for the contract situation ...that's not for me to say!!

Sheffield Star says it's a two-year-deal, sure it said elsewhere it was 3.....

Two-year O'Brien dealPremium Article !

By Neil Goulding

Barnsley

BARNSLEY director Don Rowing has revealed the club have agreed a two-year deal with Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien.

O'Brien signed a pre-contract agreement with the Tykes last week, but the length of deal was not disclosed by the Championship club.

But Rowing told The Star: "Jim has signed a two-year deal with us, we believe he's going to be a very welcome addition to our squad."

And Rowing also admitted he had been happy to let veteran defender Darren Moore leave a month earlier than contracted with Burton Albion keen to secure his signature.

Rowing added: "We wish Darren the best of luck, we did a deal with him so that he could get things sorted with Burton. He's been a popular player at the club, I'm sure he'll do well for Burton."

You should have spoken to him in asda he wouldn't have minded! Don't think the gaffer thought he was match fit but would maybe have given him a run out if the games hadn't been as important to us and if the scores had been better with 20mins or so to go.

I hope he gets a new deal.

Actually, you are quite right. I think he will get a new contract, if he doesn't already have one. The fact Broon played him when he became available for selection (prior to the injury at Aberdeen......I think) shows he was part of the plans.

I hope he gets a new deal.

Likewise. Decent SPL-level player. Don't think he'd get a look in at the moment ahead of Lasley & Jennings, not to mention Coke & Hateley (if they stay), but definitely a very capable back-up player to have available. And that's even if he'd be content to be just a back-up player.

no chance, we have Forbes,Lasley already signed and possibly 1-3 of Coke,Jennings + Hateley too, why waste a wage on someone who aint gonna play? Im not digging at the guy but he aint good enough so why sign him again and stunt the growth of the likes of Meechan + Innes who are coming up from the 19`s