Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Right, does anyone see us taking anything from this game?

Celtic are pretty much done for the season. They have 2nd place sewn up, so they have sod all to play for really except pride and all that tosh.

If we can get a result in this game, and the Hibs manage to stumble against Hearts earlier in the day, we could certainly make things a bit easier on ourselves going into Wednesdays game.

Also, does anyone know if Ruddy is going to be back for this game? Or is he done for the season?

As far as the result goes, i'm going with a solid 1-1 draw.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went up and got my tickets there, row b ^_^ also there's only 400 for ibrox so i'd get in fast as there's a good chance we'll still be playing for europe and it might be the last chance to see ruddy, the juke and reynolds.

for the game i'd think about putting lasley back in if fit and hateley to right back as saunders look a bit bambi on ice when templeton was running at him on saturday and i think mcgeady could give him problems. obviously ruddy comes back in if fit and the only other decision is should we play the juke or wrap him in cotton wool for wednesday, i think i'd be tempted to play it safe.

heading to the sevenways as usual prematch, hopefully seeing hearts get the win to give us a wee boost.

With the club challenging for Europe at this stage in the season, especially considering the position we were in when Gannon got bumped, and Boyle seeing fit to slash prices for the immensely important game with Hibs, i'm pleased to see the Motherwell support showing enthusiasm and a positive attitude to both the game this weekend and the pricing.

You'd like to think we could possibly take a point as Celtic have been murder for the vast majority of the season. We'll probably get beat though as that's what happens 99.9% of the time at Parkhead regardless of the many relevant variables!! If it is to be a defeat, let's keep it to a narrow one.

Does anyone know the script regarding this game being on the telly?

It's marked as being a BT Vision game. Will any pubs around Motherwell be showing it?

BT website says "On Demand from 10pm", so it doesn't look like it'll be shown live. In fact, the 3pm games are never on live, are they?

In fact, the 3pm games are never on live, are they?

Nut. Follow wellfan1984's link though, you'll almost certainly get a live stream of it from a foreign channel.

As for the game, I'm usually pretty optimistic but I've not got massive expectations for this game. Don't know why, maybe it's due to the fact that in my mind it's not a must win game. Anything at all is a massive bonus.

Nut. Follow wellfan1984's link though, you'll almost certainly get a live stream of it from a foreign channel.

As for the game, I'm usually pretty optimistic but I've not got massive expectations for this game. Don't know why, maybe it's due to the fact that in my mind it's not a must win game. Anything at all is a massive bonus.

Last time it was Setanta Ireland (0-0 game - with some commentator creaming himself over the fact our team was so young, and with every sub getting younger :whistling: )

I think Lasley is out for the season.

From what I hear, you might well be right. And I'm not convinced that Jennings and Hately are an ideal partnership. Personally I'd rather see Coke and Jennings partnered together. But that does leave us with a wide midfield slot to fill and I don't see us going with two out and out wingers...

From what I hear, you might well be right. And I'm not convinced that Jennings and Hately are an ideal partnership. Personally I'd rather see Coke and Jennings partnered together. But that does leave us with a wide midfield slot to fill and I don't see us going with two out and out wingers...

the way we lined up on saturday will be fine for the final 3 games.

Lennon seems popular with the players so they know a win will give his bid for manager a bit of extra weight.

Hopefully Crags will last the game and give the defence some needed calmness this time. If he does have to go off then hopefully Hutchison can step into the breech as it appears he is the natural replacement over time.

Would be good if Coke could maintain what he did against Hearts.

Same starting 11 as last week unless Ruddy is fit. Although if O'Brien is leaving it might be interesting to see if Brown will start him or not.

If we can defend like we did until we scored in the previous Celtic match for the whole game then we will be in with an excellent chance of a win. I reckon we'll win 1-0, the Juke to score.

Heading to Bridgeton for around lunchtime to catch the Edinburgh derby and a few beverages. Mon the Well!

Supposedly they will rest some players ahead of the bigots derby on Tuesday, which will hopefully work in our favour. Here's hoping its guys like Keane and McGeady that miss out!

Its just a pity that we will still be missing Ruddy and Lasley, although the media won't refer to us as 'under strength', only the home team of course!

We need it more than them, and I think we'll get something. They were lucky to beat us when everyone expected a reaction after the Ross County game, so with nothing to get excited about I am fairly confident we can do something, providing we play well of course!

Same team as last week, and at least a point.

got a good feeling about today think we can get a point whatever happens between now and the end of the season its been a great effort from the lads all round i for one will def be at fir park on wed night to give them a well deserved standing ovasion (prob spelt that wrong!!)

mon the well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!