Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Think that's the more pertinent point here. The back 4 were howling.

Aye they were but they were not much better in the 2-1 defeat which Fraser was blamed for.

The first was Ruddy fault for being so flat footed, the second came along his six yard box which some people last week were saying Ruddy would have collected because he is much more commanding. The ball the swung back in - with Ruddy just diving in midair or coming for the cross ball - not sure which - I don't even think he knows.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocking second half collapse , after a decent first 45 .

Must dust themselves down and roll up the sleeves for what should be a real battle on Wednesday night .

Hopefully there will be a good turn out and atmosphere with the cheap entry and we get the win to guarantee 4th place and another jaunt to the continent .

Everything said and done its still in our own hands .We win against Hibs at home on Wednesday and were euro bound. We would have taken that back at the beginning of December eh guys.

Spot on. We're still in the driving seat - hence why I'm not too disheartened. FFS we're so close to getting European Football for the third season in a row - for the first time ever.

Aye they were but they were not much better in the 2-1 defeat which Fraser was blamed for.

Can't speak to that as I didn't see it but it seems like folks are getting caught up in a polarising Fraser vs Ruddy argument, which seems to boil down to "I like apples, they are nice and crisp" vs "Apples? GTF. Oranges are way more juicy" where the focus should be more upon "Where the FUCK was the defense?" Don't think the whole Ruddy/Fraser thing is being very productive. Is Ruddy being overly praised? More than likely. But he's put in performances that lead to that. is Fraser being unfairly treated? Yes - but, again, he's probably put in performances that lead to that. Defence needs sorted for Wed - get that solid again and I think the GK question becomes less of an issue.

It's about time we had an exception to the rule!! :wallbash:

If it makes everyone feel better (it doesn't me :lol: ) the last time we had a must win that would lead to Europe AND reduced prices we did it by beating Aberdeen. Unfortunately, if I remember right unlike Hibs, Aberdeen were the INform team...

When you add Must Win, Low Prices and against a team with shit form together it looks horrible doesn't it :(

Getting gubbed always hurts, especially against them or their ugly sister. However, pretty sure it was one where both Brown and Knox would have said anything is a bonus. As has been said, had someone said back on Boxing Day at 10 to 5 we'd be just one win away from guarenteeing fourth spot and Euorpa League qualification with two games left we'd have been referring them to a shrink.

It's about time we had an exception to the rule!! :wallbash:

Absolutely. Brown has already done it twice this season, getting Manager of the Month twice in succession and NOT losing the next game!

So we got beat by Smellic, next game please. :wallbash:

Our next game is only potentially the decider for 4th place in the Premier League.

Do you not think that after hearing the Hibs score, the players were thinking the same as us.

Let's make as much noise as we can and get right behind the Well on Wednesday. :lol:

So Wednesday becomes a "Must Win" game, at home with reduced prices, these have not been our most glorious of nights to date .

So people keep saying but the last time we had a "Must Win" to get into Europe, with reduced prices, we beat Aberdeen and finished 3rd. Let's hope it's the same end result on Wed!

Think we have to give Celtic some credit, albiet grudgingly. All their players, even Samaras, looked up for the game today.

This was Ruddy's first game back for a while, so he's bound to be a bit rusty. Certainly wasn't at fault at Foster or Keane's goals, had a few good stops and commanded his box.

Was Ruddy at fault for every single goal? Did we even score any?

Disnae matter, point being made is if Fraser had been in goal today he'd be crucified on here tonight. I don't want Ruddy crucified but I do like a bit of fairness and the level of abuse Fraser took recently was OTT.

Shit happens, it's how we deal with it that counts, and Motherwell fans traditionally don't deal with it too well. Let's hope that changes midweek and we get a turnout to give the lads a deserved reception to help drive us onto Europe. And that means all of them, Fraser included if he has to play again. No exceptions, all Motherwell players should get maximum backing agin Hibs this week, we have to play our part as well.

Ruddy having a poor game doesn't make Michael Fraser any better. Ruddy has proved time and again that he is a good keeper but Fraser has yet to convince the majority of fans.

If Davie Cooper had a poor game would he have deserved the same abuse that Joe McLeod used to endure?

anything fae this game was always gonna be a bonus and with hibs losing earlier the pressure with off us a bit to get a result.we shouldny dwell on this result wednesday is the big one we all want european football again so lets get right behind the team fae the moment they come out the tunnel and roar them onto clinching 4th place