Season Tickets

Bop

Drove up from work in Blantyre to FP at lunchtime there to renew mine and my brothers tickets - left feeling a wee bit let down.

Nothing major - would just be good to walk away with the books in my hand. An extra expense for the club in postage as well (surely the timing of the close season didn't come as a surprise)

Plus - as has already been mentioned - if yer paying by credit card the early bird bonus is almost halved (£262 instead of £256 on a £270 ticket) - hardly worth the bother is it?

Now when the club must be desperate for folk to renew season tickets - it's hardly the best frame of mind to put a supporter in at renewal time.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for mine yesterday had to queue for about half an hour but that's expected for a Saturday.

One slight complaint why the need for the club to collect and store debit/credit card details including the three digit security key on the data base? This was done after the electronic debit process and must prove a possible risk to the cardholder.

Is it legal to collect card details in this way?

yes its legal, but as a merchant, they must ensure they remain PCI DSS compliant and will be audited on it. If they are actually storing the data (they may not be) then they will have a huge questionaire to complete. EastStandWellFan will be able to go into loads more detail as I know he is doing this type of work on PCI compliance at the moment.

The PCI DSS website.

Good to see the club bashing continuing !!!

I can't believe we are being criticised for not being able to give the tickets out when purchased - it must have been really disappointing!

Also, it is likely the club will be subject to a charge for any credit card transaction, which is why it passed on. Get over it - or pay by cash. Simple!

Finally, it's a great idea to try and get the club in bother over storing of data!!!

Please give the club bashing a rest and stop moaning for the sake of it!

Now when the club must be desperate for folk to renew season tickets - it's hardly the best frame of mind to put a supporter in at renewal time.

No? How many minds have you helped make up with your post?

One Motherwell an that.

Please give the club bashing a rest and stop moaning for the sake of it!

Couldn't agree more mate. Some folk bash the club for things they wouldn't bash any other organisation for and that really sticks in my craw. If criticism is warranted then fair enough but much of it isn't. I was recently charged a hefty "administration" fee for booking gig tickets online and charged a hefty fee by Thomas Cook for paying by credit card. Its part and parcel of business these days.

Guest 'Flow

Worth noting that the books will be in from, hopefully, this Friday!

Reason for the delay - as is with most seasons now - is that because a whole host of contractual matters need to be tied up before they can go to print. They have a 4-6 week turnaround and by the time you dot all the i's and cross all the t's, it runs to end of March/start of April.

That means books arrive in mid May and that is the case again this year!

As soon as they are in, we'll post notice for people who have arranged to collect and post out the ones that have requested them sent to them.

As for the online system - Leeann and the team are currently reviewing the current set-up and assessing options!

Smears? Club bashing for the sake of it?

Get a Grip!

I don't think that there's been much of that in the discussion.

All I was saying was that if there's upwards of £200 (or multiples of) changing hands it would be better to get the book when you turn up - rather than having them mailed out (purely stating facts but our mailing track record speaks for itself on multiple threads - and costs the club money unecessarily) or having to make a return trip to FP. If there are well understood issues with printing and contracts etc. Why dont we delay the sale / offer period until then - or find a quicker printer.

If the club are being charged £6.20 - as would appear to be the case from some of your replies - for a credit card transaction then I sincerely apologise.

I just think there are simple things we could do better that would improve the supporters experience of buying season tickets / match tickets.

And at the risk of exposing myself to further club bashing accusations - we've been talking about looking at options / sorting the on-line ticketing thing out for about two years.

If this is club bashing - then you can aw go an fling shite at yerselves. I love the club as much as the rest of you - fans, mst office bearers and employees included.

C'mon the 'well

As long as the criticism is reasoned and where possible constructive I suspect that MFC won't be the least bit unhappy that some observations and counter suggestions are being put forward. It will give them a feel for the mood of fans they might otherwise be unaware of.

Witness the lotto thread where a point was made about the lack of info. and how it was soon rectified or even in this thread where Flow has explained some of the reasons why the books haven't been available at the point of sale.

Don't think it does any harm, again as long as you aren't being abusive, to offer some advice on where things could be done better or question why things are done in a particular way.

Has anyone bought an adult Cooper Stand ticket online, and got a free child ticket?

When I've tried it, it looks like it's going to charge separately for the juvenile ticket - I'm thinking of risking it, and trying to get the money back at a later stage for the juvenile ticket if necessary.

Do you think that'll work?

I phoned the ticket office yesterday - they were too busy to sell me a ticket over the phone. I queued for as long as I had time for this morning, and don't fancy driving back to Motherwell on Monday.

I did, of course, get my renewal letter in about a month ago, and I am, indeed, an idiot.

I'm sure there will have been a lot of folk waiting until the end of the month to make the purchase ( a lot of people waiting on payday)

if as you said it was really busy and they have been turning people down, it wouldn't be unreasonable to extend the early bird offer for a day or two

maybe even look at next years deadline and set it a couple days into June to allow for folk that might be waiting until month end

I phoned the ticket office yesterday - they were too busy to sell me a ticket over the phone. I queued for as long as I had time for this morning, and don't fancy driving back to Motherwell on Monday.

I did, of course, get my renewal letter in about a month ago, and I am, indeed, an idiot.

That's tantamount to club bashing. :nod:

When I was up on thursday - someone phoned when there was a queue of about half a dozen folk. The lady told the caller that because of the queue he or she would have to phone back. For me personally - that isn't really good enough.

Like I said earlier - we could be doing the basic things a bit better. I understand resources are tight but that call might have been a someone who had previously been wavering and decided to renew on a whim - and the moment might now be lost.

When I was up on thursday - someone phoned when there was a queue of about half a dozen folk. The lady told the caller that because of the queue he or she would have to phone back. For me personally - that isn't really good enough.

Not ideal I agree but it happens. Nothing worse than queuing up, sometimes for ages, just for someone to ring up and get served before you. Travel agents/car showrooms/insurance brokers are a prime example of this. That said, it could be that the caller couldn't make it in person maybe living too far away.

The club staff are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Like I said earlier - we could be doing the basic things a bit better. I understand resources are tight but that call might have been a someone who had previously been wavering and decided to renew on a whim - and the moment might now be lost.

Interestingly, how would you have felt if you had waited in the half hour queue, got to the front, then someone phones up and the wee bird just does their ticket over the phone, ignoring you??

No doubt there would have been the outrage in this thread!

On the subject of season tickets. The Bully fan in work was pretty chuffed with their deal this season.

Super Savings for the Season!

Fri, 28th May 2010 9:33am

Today sees the launch of Clyde's season tickets for 2010-11 and it marks the introduction of a remarkable deal for all those keen to follow the Bully Wee.

On price alone it seems that Clyde cannot be matched by any SFL club with the following amazing prices...

Adult - £99

Senior Citizen & Students - £49

Under-18s - £29

Under-16s - £9

However, the good news does not stop there. Each season ticket will also include a series of discount vouchers for kids’ entertainment, stores, a range of restaurants and much more.

18 companies in Cumbernauld and Rutherglen have backed the Bully Wee in trying to bring the best possible value for all those ready to support Clyde in the season ahead.

The deals for Clyde FC season ticket holders are:

• Adventure Planet: One free 2-for-1 voucher

• Bombay Dreams: 15% off a la carte menu all season

• Gala Bingo: Free afternoon or evening session

• KFC: 20% discount all season

• Pro Bowl: Kids Bowl free all season

• Subway*: Save up to £1.50 on 6" meal all season

• Broadwood Farm: 2 courses for £5 Monday to Saturday

• Pizza Hut: 50% discount on take-away as well as 2-for-1 on main meals and FREE kids ice cream all season

• McDonald's: Big Mac or McChicken Sandwich and medium fries for £1.99 all season

• The Smiddy Inn: 25% off all food all season

• Arnold Clark: One free valet, one free health check and an MOT for £35

• Stuart Paton Butcher & Dee's Rolls: 10% discount all season

• Westerwood Hotel: Hotel stays, Weddings, Golf & Leisure discounts all season

• Dovecote Beefeater: 20% off before 5pm & 10% off after 5pm

• William Hill*: Free £5 bet

• The Weavers, Condorrat: Kids eat free

• Access NL Leisure: Save £7 monthly or £55 annual (20%)

• Blockbuster Video: 2-for-1 DVD & Game Rental all season

*Includes Rutherglen

The idea is the brainwave of Clyde fan Derek Inglis who has worked tirelessly to bring his dream to reality: "I’ve personally contacted each business and been delighted with their response to get behind the club. I think it represents a tremendous deal for new and existing Clyde fans and I look forward to seeing more and more people supporting the Bully Wee and giving Stuart Millar and the squad the best possible backing for our campaign in the Third Division."

Club chairman John Alexander added, "I think it is a sensational deal and our thanks go to Derek for volunteering and making this venture become a reality. The challenge is now up to the rest of us to get the news of this deal out to as many people as possible. Pricing football at this rate may be considered a folly by some but, in this day and age, we believe it is the right thing to do. The whole package is a fantastic deal which gives individuals and families great value for money."

Season Tickets 2010-11

Incredible low prices!

Adult £99

Concession* £49

Under-18 £29

Under-16 £9

*Senior Citizens and Students. Aged sixty-five as at 1/8/10 is the starting point for the "Senior Citizens" category. Students must produce a valid matriculation card.

2010-11 Season Tickets include the following benefits:

* 18 fully transferable vouchers that you can use as and when you wish during the Third Division campaign. If you miss a match, bring a friend to another!

* Guaranteed purchase of a ticket (if required) for every cup match

* Discounted admission to cup matches in exchange for a voucher

* £10 discount per person for up to four people on matchday hospitality

* Two 10% off vouchers for Club Shop merchandise (one per item)

New for 2010-11!

In an exciting new scheme, every season ticket also entitles the holder to a range of discounts and offers at various outlets in Cumbernauld and beyond.

Take advantage of benefits at 18 outlets, including Arnold Clark, Pizza Hut, Blockbuster, McDonald's, William Hill and Subway.

Interestingly, how would you have felt if you had waited in the half hour queue, got to the front, then someone phones up and the wee bird just does their ticket over the phone, ignoring you??

No doubt there would have been the outrage in this thread!

Fair enough - but surely the club could have phoned them back. That way the customer would know they could get served rather than maybe phone again when its busy.

That's a great offer by Clyde to their fans. £99 for an adult season ticket is fantastic.

£100 to watch Part-Time Football, after successive relegations is not fantastic. Good for them on the other stuff aye, but te price alone is nothing to call home about.